iPad

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
beats me

Re: iPad

Post by beats me » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:16 pm

LoopStationZebra wrote:Fuck the TV.

:x

But that would be an added 13” to experience the greatness of the Apple TV on. 8O

I have a week before the funds are available to decide. Historical data shows that these decisions usually favor Apple.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:34 pm

8O wrote:
beats me wrote:I do save money but probably not a enough. :x
You fail to mention that $900 you just spent just now - http://mashable.com/2011/03/11/ipad-2-line-900/ - beats me, or should I say, Hazem... :|
i know you guys all love these Apple products, and that's okay, but seriously? :|

900 bucks to buy the thing on top of its in store price or... 900 bucks for 41 hours (21.95 per hour) for sitting in the rain... the lines between who is the bigger dumb ass here are blurred. still, i'm gonna have to go with the fool dropping the 900 bucks. because if you consider the money she didn't spend on an iPad she's ahead by at least 1399.00 plus what ever the tax is on 499 in New York. while he, on the other hand, gets to be the first schmuck affected by that unforeseen bug.

gadgets are 8) , but there's a fine line between obsessive and absolutely motherfucking ridiculous.
LoopStationZebra wrote:it's like a hipster commie pinko manifesto. Rambling. Angry. Nearly divorced from all reality; yet strangely compelling with a ring of truth.

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:47 pm

H20nly wrote:
8O wrote:
beats me wrote:I do save money but probably not a enough. :x
You fail to mention that $900 you just spent just now - http://mashable.com/2011/03/11/ipad-2-line-900/ - beats me, or should I say, Hazem... :|
i know you guys all love these Apple products, and that's okay, but seriously? :|

900 bucks to buy the thing on top of its in store price or... 900 bucks for 41 hours (21.95 per hour) for sitting in the rain... the lines between who is the bigger dumb ass here are blurred. still, i'm gonna have to go with the fool dropping the 900 bucks. because if you consider the money she didn't spend on an iPad she's ahead by at least 1399.00 plus what ever the tax is on 499 in New York. while he, on the other hand, gets to be the first schmuck affected by that unforeseen bug.

gadgets are 8) , but there's a fine line between obsessive and absolutely motherfucking ridiculous.
Apple fanboys are cannibals.

It's true. Even the most extreme of us thinks the others are way douchier than we are and that we have the acceptible amount of fanboyism. :x

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:18 pm

Been playing with Garageband a bit.

The samples used are stellar.

The Hammond fucking ROCKS. Draw bars? WIN.

The guitars...what can I say. I'm tapping the strings so I feels right at home. And they sound pretty incredible.

Playability all around? Unbelievably good.

Haven't recorded anything, but just playing the instruments has been a blast. I'll definitely be incorporating this app into live sets. Especially the guitar stuff - which really becomes more Stick-like than anything.

Win. WIN.
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:25 pm

Let's face it here, kids:

Every music site I subscribe to is now pretty much "All iPad, All The Time".

Over in General there's now a boatload of iOS threads getting daily/repeated visits and updates.

Synthtopia is holding on to hardware stories only as filler between iPad app announcements. :lol:

CreateDigitalMusic isn't quite so bad, but on it's way.

:P

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:00 pm

LoopStationZebra wrote:Been playing with Garageband a bit.

The samples used are stellar.

The Hammond fucking ROCKS. Draw bars? WIN.

The guitars...what can I say. I'm tapping the strings so I feels right at home. And they sound pretty incredible.

Playability all around? Unbelievably good.

Haven't recorded anything, but just playing the instruments has been a blast. I'll definitely be incorporating this app into live sets. Especially the guitar stuff - which really becomes more Stick-like than anything.

Win. WIN.
There’s a lot of individual next-level-game-changing-wow-factor-show-and-tell features in the Garageband app, but when you get going on the DAW aspects there’s a lot of fail going on there. Right off the bat you can’t edit any of the MIDI data, just record and if you fuck up then you have to rerecord. That’s it. Yet it displays the MIDI notes in the track view. You just can’t access it. It stares at you. Taunting you. Also I don’t quite understand that 8 track limit.

Appadvice was pimping engadget’s review and went out of their way to mention that the reviewer also used to be a DJ so he would know what’s up. Scroll down to the audio samples this “respected DJ” made with Garageband on iPad.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/03/09/ipad-2-review/

:lol:

I’m feeling pretty good and confident about my music right now.

I don’t know what Apple’s record is with updating their apps with solid new features but I hope the current version of Garageband is just sort of a teaser.

vicz

Post by vicz » Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:00 pm

GB - its worth £2.99 (and more) for the instruments alone. Awesome app, great fun. Its not going to replace Live (or Logic) so just lighten up and enjoy it :P

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:31 pm

vicz wrote:GB - its worth £2.99 (and more) for the instruments alone. Awesome app, great fun. Its not going to replace Live (or Logic) so just lighten up and enjoy it :P

Nanostudio kicks it's butt as far as DAW functions. If you want to get excited like it's Main Stage then that's cool, but it could use some big improvements in the DAW department....improvements that already exist in other apps.

Rave

Post by Rave » Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:23 pm

No need for apogees hardware interface if u have iRig ;)

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:54 pm

beats me wrote: Right off the bat you can’t edit any of the MIDI data, just record and if you fuck up then you have to rerecord. That’s it. Yet it displays the MIDI notes in the track view. You just can’t access it. It stares at you. Taunting you.

This is why you must get it right THE FIRST TIME. :x

And that review was the usual SHIT attempt at an Apple hater to NOT fall in love with an iPad. :P

beats me

Post by beats me » Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:55 am

LoopSCOOPpooperNOVATION12-string!!! :x

HELLO with the velocity sensitive screen, right?!? A-L-I-E-N()T-E-C-H-N-O-L-O-G-Y. We call him Steve. :x

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:20 am

:lol:

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:22 am

Line at the Apple store in Chicago was around the block and then well into the next block. At 7pm.

8O

inmazevo

Post by inmazevo » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:53 am

Even the most extreme of us thinks the others are way douchier than we are and that we have the acceptible amount of fanboyism. :x
Seriously nailed it...
or...
This (never said that before)

I was at a restaurant this afternoon (a bit distracted by the japan stuff, though), and was amazed... probably 200 people were waiting by 3PM @ the Apple store next door.
I kept thinking... douche.

And then I realized I was jealous.

Partly because I couldn't go because of tsunami stuff.
But party because...

There were ACTUALLY hot girls in the line!!!
Seriously?
Didn't expect that...

- zevo
infinite density, zero volume

gjm

Post by gjm » Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:38 am

I have found myself slightly repulsed at the idea of getting the iPad2 8O

Now don't get me wrong, I have 3 iPod Touch's and have been hanging out for the 2nd gen iPad ever since I gave my macbook to my oldest son 6 weeks ago. I have really missed the portability the lappy gave me and shifting 'business' things to the iPod touch has been generally a fine experience... except for the screen real-estate. Aging eyes you see and gesturing everything was getting to be a pain. I have been enjoying a select few music apps while telling myself to just wait on getting the iPad as it will be a better machine. I think we get a shot at buying toward the end of March, but I am now reluctant.

As far as I can see via total subjective introspection... personally I can't find a killer excuse musically to own one. Plus, I just don't need the distraction. Sigh...
iMac - 10.10.3 - Live 9 Suite - APC40 - Axiom 61 - TX81z - Firestudio Mobile - Focal Alpha 80's - Godin Session - Home made foot controller