iPad

Discussion of anything not related to audio or music production
beats me
Posts: 23319
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:39 pm

Re: My New iPad: Daily Reports!

Post by beats me » Thu May 27, 2010 4:32 am

LoopStationZebra wrote:Report #6
May 26, 2010

Fuck screen protectors. I'm barebackin' it all the way. Hate the way those things feel. I don't want anything getting between my finger and the sexy glass.

I did get a nice little sleeve for it though.

http://buymedge-px.rtrk.com/products/ipad-touring.psp

Red. Pocket for the phones. Little handle that comes out of a zipped pocket for when I'm feeling REALLY gay.

I also avoided the tempation to get some kind of rubber pad protection as well. Fuck it.
You are a brave man. My iPhone has a thin rubber case and my iPod (classic, before it was called classic) has the Hummer of rubber cases on it, little less worried about looks and more about the ability to drop it or bounce it off the wall if I want to.

Getting my iPad tomorrow, or ordering it if they don't have it in the store as the case may be. I'm wondering if they still don't have these in stock at stores at this point, but I guess it depends on the model...and if I've learned anything it's the model I want that they won't have in stock.

DangerousDave
Posts: 799
Joined: Thu May 28, 2009 4:19 am
Location: LA

Re: My New iPad: Daily Reports!

Post by DangerousDave » Fri May 28, 2010 2:29 am

I don't know if I would be all that concerned about the case. I mean, its roughly the size of a laptop and how often do you drop those? and when you do, its gods way of telling you to upgrade, cause your puter will pretty much be done for.

Also, I dont know about the build quality of the pads, but I know I have dropped my ipod touch a ridiculous amount of times and it doesn't even wimper. It would fall off my four foot tall studio desk onto concrete frequently and be all good. not a lot of things in this world you can beat on like that and not get any response 8)
https://soundcloud.com/unearthproductions
beats me wrote:everybody around you thinks you’re a fucking idiot.

LoopStationZebra
Posts: 10586
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:57 pm
Contact:

Re: My New iPad: Daily Reports!

Post by LoopStationZebra » Fri May 28, 2010 2:52 am

The iPad is built very well. It may not be quite a tank, but it's as well built as anything could be of that size and weight.

The rubber protection 'half case' thingys - I thought about getting one but it's just ONE MORE THING to buy. Then screen protectors. Figure 2 per year if not more. meh. I used them on my iPhone for a year, as well as a rubber half case. I remember taking off the case and there was tons of muck and lint and shit. Eww. Then I took off the screen protector and it was like rediscovering my iPhone all over again. lol.
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

LoopStationZebra
Posts: 10586
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:57 pm
Contact:

Re: My New iPad: Daily Reports!

Post by LoopStationZebra » Fri May 28, 2010 10:46 pm

Report #7
May 28, 2010

Just tried out the WebMD app. Every one of my bizarre and numerous symptoms points to urinary incontinence.

True story, that.
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

Homebelly
Posts: 2887
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:52 pm
Location: Aotearoa New Zealand
Contact:

Re: My New iPad: Daily Reports!

Post by Homebelly » Fri May 28, 2010 11:14 pm

LoopStationZebra wrote:Report #7
May 28, 2010

Just tried out the WebMD app. Every one of my bizarre and numerous symptoms points to urinary incontinence.

True story, that.
Hot soapy water and a scrubbing brush should sort that out.
15" 2.4 MBP/Live/Sampler/Operator/ Home made Dumble clone/Two Strats/One Jazz Bass.
Come and visit any time= Soundcloud

Rave
Posts: 6151
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:26 am

Re: My New iPad: Daily Reports!

Post by Rave » Sat May 29, 2010 10:31 am

Finally got my iPad today. it

It roxors!

Slightlydelic
Posts: 776
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 1:42 pm

Re: My New iPad: Daily Reports!

Post by Slightlydelic » Sat May 29, 2010 1:16 pm

i had a quick play with an ipad yesterday in PC world, and immdiatly thought it was shit, i wanted to like it, and was immagining all these music apps i could have at my fingertips, but stil couldnt get over the fact it felt like a novelty my fingers would be bored with in no time.

at half the price i could have probably gone for it, but at £425 i can live without.

LoopStationZebra
Posts: 10586
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:57 pm
Contact:

Re: My New iPad: Daily Reports!

Post by LoopStationZebra » Sat May 29, 2010 1:32 pm

Slightlydelic wrote:i had a quick play with an ipad yesterday in PC world, and immdiatly thought it was shit, i wanted to like it, and was immagining all these music apps i could have at my fingertips, but stil couldnt get over the fact it felt like a novelty my fingers would be bored with in no time.

at half the price i could have probably gone for it, but at £425 i can live without.

You're not alone. I felt the exact same way when I first tried one in the Apple store. Underwhelmed. Perhaps that's because I had my hopes up for the HP Slate instead? Glad I made the plunge, though. Using this thing constantly. And, once again, the LiveControl app alone makes it worth the purchase. :D
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

LoopStationZebra
Posts: 10586
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:57 pm
Contact:

Re: My New iPad: Daily Reports!

Post by LoopStationZebra » Sat May 29, 2010 1:34 pm

Rave wrote:Finally got my iPad today. it

It roxors!

Now that you're part of the club I'll PM you with the secret handshake. Which doesn't involve any gay play, I might add.
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

Slightlydelic
Posts: 776
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 1:42 pm

Re: My New iPad: Daily Reports!

Post by Slightlydelic » Sat May 29, 2010 10:51 pm

LoopStationZebra wrote:
Slightlydelic wrote:i had a quick play with an ipad yesterday in PC world, and immdiatly thought it was shit, i wanted to like it, and was immagining all these music apps i could have at my fingertips, but stil couldnt get over the fact it felt like a novelty my fingers would be bored with in no time.

at half the price i could have probably gone for it, but at £425 i can live without.

You're not alone. I felt the exact same way when I first tried one in the Apple store. Underwhelmed. Perhaps that's because I had my hopes up for the HP Slate instead? Glad I made the plunge, though. Using this thing constantly. And, once again, the LiveControl app alone makes it worth the purchase. :D
im changing my mind already, my daughter is 9 on monday, i took her out for a birthday pressie today and she wanted an ipod touch, so yeah im testing it out for a few days. making sure the sound works (via rebirth) making sure i have a good conection to the network (via touch osc)

i have to say, particularly with touchOCS its realy great working the touchscreen.

LoopStationZebra
Posts: 10586
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:57 pm
Contact:

Re: My New iPad: Daily Reports!

Post by LoopStationZebra » Sun May 30, 2010 3:24 pm

Slightlydelic wrote:
LoopStationZebra wrote:
Slightlydelic wrote:i had a quick play with an ipad yesterday in PC world, and immdiatly thought it was shit, i wanted to like it, and was immagining all these music apps i could have at my fingertips, but stil couldnt get over the fact it felt like a novelty my fingers would be bored with in no time.

at half the price i could have probably gone for it, but at £425 i can live without.

You're not alone. I felt the exact same way when I first tried one in the Apple store. Underwhelmed. Perhaps that's because I had my hopes up for the HP Slate instead? Glad I made the plunge, though. Using this thing constantly. And, once again, the LiveControl app alone makes it worth the purchase. :D
im changing my mind already, my daughter is 9 on monday, i took her out for a birthday pressie today and she wanted an ipod touch, so yeah im testing it out for a few days. making sure the sound works (via rebirth) making sure i have a good conection to the network (via touch osc)

i have to say, particularly with touchOCS its realy great working the touchscreen.

Indeed.

So you got the touch for your daughter? But did you get an iPad for yourself? Sorry, confused.

And, as I think my posts in this thread will reveal, I'm no raging iPad or Apple fanboy. The thing has got some serious limitations and quirks. But it also delivers superbly on the things that it's promised to do. Typical Apple product, in that respect. And again, that fucking LiveControl app..... 8O ST8 just added drum pads and keys and I'm testing it out now.
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

dum
Posts: 2678
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:51 pm

Re: My New iPad: Daily Reports!

Post by dum » Sun May 30, 2010 4:48 pm

LoopStationZebra wrote:So you got the touch for your daughter?
Is that the title of your first self-published ebook ?
Pasha wrote:Thanks dum for being so precise.

LoopStationZebra
Posts: 10586
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:57 pm
Contact:

Re: My New iPad: Daily Reports!

Post by LoopStationZebra » Sun May 30, 2010 4:51 pm

dum wrote:
LoopStationZebra wrote:So you got the touch for your daughter?
Is that the title of your first self-published ebook ?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

sick fuck.
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

H20nly
Posts: 15836
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:15 pm
Location: The Wild West

Re: My New iPad: Daily Reports!

Post by H20nly » Sun May 30, 2010 7:14 pm

:lol:
LoopStationZebra wrote:it's like a hipster commie pinko manifesto. Rambling. Angry. Nearly divorced from all reality; yet strangely compelling with a ring of truth.

LoopStationZebra
Posts: 10586
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:57 pm
Contact:

Re: My New iPad: Daily Reports!

Post by LoopStationZebra » Mon May 31, 2010 8:10 pm

Report #8
May 31, 2010

ST8 has added drumpads and keys to his LiveControl app; which just raised the value of the iPad 10fold.

Latency isn't noticeable at all.

Oh, and there's no IM app on this thing. Fail.
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

Post Reply