iPad

Discussion of anything not related to audio or music production
beats me
Posts: 23319
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:39 pm

Re: iPad

Post by beats me » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:11 pm

Apple has patented some tech that will allow you to skip commercials entirely. 8O I imagine in the broadcasting stream there’s some kind of digital code that denotes a commercial break, Apple’s tech says “fuck that”, and then jumps instantly to the code that denotes a return to the show.

I’m sure this is being well received by the TV industry they are currently trying to negotiate with. :x

LoopStationZebra
Posts: 10586
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:57 pm
Contact:

Re: iPad

Post by LoopStationZebra » Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:09 am

Apple's just going through the motions with the Networks at the moment. Playing the game. Yawning between ABC's pronouncements that "WE WILL NEVER AGREE TO THAT!".

At some point soon, Apple's just going to say "Okay, Fuck it. I'm done." Then they're going to simply buy all the networks outright via a hostile take over ala' Gordan Gecko Old School Style.

They are, after all, the richest company on the planet.

:x
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

beats me
Posts: 23319
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:39 pm

Re: iPad

Post by beats me » Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:26 am

LoopStationZebra wrote:Apple's just going through the motions with the Networks at the moment. Playing the game. Yawning between ABC's pronouncements that "WE WILL NEVER AGREE TO THAT!".

At some point soon, Apple's just going to say "Okay, Fuck it. I'm done." Then they're going to simply buy all the networks outright via a hostile take over ala' Gordan Gecko Old School Style.

They are, after all, the richest company on the planet.

:x
And every Android commercial will be overdubbed with this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbhiO_UQ ... re=related

:x

Komodovaran
Posts: 985
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:20 am

Re: iPad

Post by Komodovaran » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:01 am

Fuck. My left earphone speaker just died. Do I have to pony up £35+shipping for a new pair of MDR XB20EX, or does anyone have any alternatives that might be better? I really loved these headphones. They've followed me for many years :(

Brb getting all emotional.

:x :( :x :(

:x

Edit: Okay, so there's a new model for only £9. That's not so terrible. I might be able to overcome my emotional distress.

Should I pick black or white? Or maybe even silver?

Tarekith
Posts: 17598
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2005 11:46 pm
Location: Ableton Forum Administrator
Contact:

Re: iPad

Post by Tarekith » Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:27 pm

Home button died on my iPad this week, time to go get it swapped.

beats me
Posts: 23319
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:39 pm

Re: iPad

Post by beats me » Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:24 pm

Tarekith wrote:Home button died on my iPad this week, time to go get it swapped.
I'm jealous of your visit to the Apple store.

:x

beats me
Posts: 23319
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:39 pm

Re: iPad

Post by beats me » Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:44 pm

Apple not releasing a television anytime soon.

http://appadvice.com/appnn/2012/08/appl ... ytime-soon

In summary Apple doesn't get involved in anything it can't vastly improve and wipe it's ass with the competition.

:x

beats me
Posts: 23319
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:39 pm

Re: iPad

Post by beats me » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:02 pm

Anybody else on here planning on buying the iPod Maxi when Apple drops it?

:x

LoopStationZebra
Posts: 10586
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:57 pm
Contact:

Re: iPad

Post by LoopStationZebra » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:10 pm

Tarekith wrote:Home button died on my iPad this week, time to go get it swapped.

Mine was acting up, but I found a fix that kinda works.

:x
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

LoopStationZebra
Posts: 10586
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:57 pm
Contact:

Re: iPad

Post by LoopStationZebra » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:16 pm

beats me wrote:Apple not releasing a television anytime soon.

http://appadvice.com/appnn/2012/08/appl ... ytime-soon

In summary Apple doesn't get involved in anything it can't vastly improve and wipe it's ass with the competition.

:x

That makes perfect sense at this point AND frees me up to just go buy my giant 3D TV immediately. :P

Can we say AppleTV3?

Muthafuck we CAN!

:x
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

LoopStationZebra
Posts: 10586
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:57 pm
Contact:

Re: iPad

Post by LoopStationZebra » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:20 pm

An APPALLING fucking article.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-33620_3-57487 ... ot-matter/

Nexus 7.

omfg.

:x
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

beats me
Posts: 23319
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:39 pm

Re: iPad

Post by beats me » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:05 pm

LoopStationZebra wrote:
beats me wrote:Apple not releasing a television anytime soon.

http://appadvice.com/appnn/2012/08/appl ... ytime-soon

In summary Apple doesn't get involved in anything it can't vastly improve and wipe it's ass with the competition.

:x

That makes perfect sense at this point AND frees me up to just go buy my giant 3D TV immediately. :P

Can we say AppleTV3?

Muthafuck we CAN!

:x

Are you making fun of my giant 3D TV? :P :x

AppleTV3? Isn't that what they are currently on? -An AppleTV2 with HD. :roll:

I fully expect an AppleTV4. Sorry, The New AppleTV, with apps! APPS! FFS! apps. :x

beats me
Posts: 23319
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:39 pm

Re: iPad

Post by beats me » Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:29 am

Um, Samsung lost the lawsuit and has to kick Apple $1,000,000,000. 8O

I rounded it. It's a little more than 1B. 8O

8O

beats me
Posts: 23319
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:39 pm

Re: iPad

Post by beats me » Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:34 am

And in Samsung's counter suit they get $0. 8O

Komodovaran
Posts: 985
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:20 am

Re: iPad

Post by Komodovaran » Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:53 am

LoopStationZebra wrote:An APPALLING fucking article.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-33620_3-57487 ... ot-matter/

Nexus 7.

omfg.

:x
Why'd he pick the worst possible examples? And how can the iPad be "too heavy for reading" when these big ass books are EVERYWHERE
Image

Just how does he read? With arms stretched for 5 hours in a row?

This is terrible. :x

Post Reply