iPad

Discussion of anything not related to audio or music production
Komodovaran

Re: iPad

Post by Komodovaran » Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:41 pm

scutheotaku wrote:
Komodovaran wrote:
LoopStationZebra wrote:An APPALLING fucking article.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-33620_3-57487 ... ot-matter/

Nexus 7.

omfg.

:x
Why'd he pick the worst possible examples? And how can the iPad be "too heavy for reading" when these big ass books are EVERYWHERE

Just how does he read? With arms stretched for 5 hours in a row?

This is terrible. :x
Agreed. I read a lot of books and, despite a lot of people looking down on them because of "cheapness", I always buy paperback since I HATE holding hardcovers. The iPad on the other hand is just the right size for reading, at least for me. I used to have a Kindle and it was just too small :/
Hell, I buy the paper books just so I can have them on my shelf. A shelf full of thick books on chemistry and molecular biology looks hella baws, and it tricks people into thinking that you're a smart person.

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:57 pm

Recently I went back to reading a paperback after using the iPad to read for more than a year.

The experience has been horrible. Bad lighting which I have to fiddle with or move, holding the book open with a single hand or - worse - using two.

Fuck real books.

How the fuck did I ever read WITHOUT my iPad.

I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:47 pm

YES HOW FUCKING AWESOME IS THAT BILLION DOLLAR APPLE WIN AGAINST SAMSUNG?

:lol:

THIS AWESOME:

I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

sporkles

Post by sporkles » Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:01 pm

rikhyray

Post by rikhyray » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:01 pm

macprovideo has music production ibooks sell. Bought the Ableton one, might be fun, will check it tomorrow. There will be surely 1 or more tricks worth the 0.99 €.
http://ht.ly/diwaK

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:19 am

I've been watching Stephen Fry in America, a 6 part series on Netflix where a Brit goes traveling around the US in his UK taxicab to see the wonders that are America. I recommend it if you haven't been here or are here and are just sick of the country. It's nice to see things through somebody else's eyes to remind you of the good and unique things.

Anyhow he stopped off in San Francisco and did 2 things, visit Chinatown and did a brief roof top interview with Jony Ive. The series came out in 2008 so the iPhone wasn't hugely successful yet and the first iPad hadn't even come out yet. When asked why he left the UK or what keeps him in NorCal Ive started incoherently rambling on about how fragile concepts are and the simplicity of design. It was as if he just took a break from smoking a fat one with Steve. They just left it at that. :lol:

I can't imagine Steve ever having to unload his temper on Ive. They're the same focused weirdo. :x

starving student

Post by starving student » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:49 am

yeah he should stop by the rnc convention , he'd probably revoke his own passport after that

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:33 am

He's just saying US is more nurturing of ideas than the cynical ho-hum attitude of GB, which seems to be said a lot from brits.
ImageImage

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:36 am

The actor Tony Curtis died at the age of 85 in 2010 and was buried with his iPhone because he loved it so much. :lol:

The only people getting buried with Android phones are murder victims tossed in a landfill. :P

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:53 am

Shit, it dropping like flies time again...who's next?
ImageImage

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:35 pm

Enjoying Google’s desperation of putting a buy link to their Nexus on the Google home page before Apple drops the iPad Mini.

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:41 pm

So it’s rumored that Apple will upgrade AirPlay so you won’t need a wifi router in the loop. It will go directly to the speakers/receiver. Oddly there’s no mention of it working directly to an Apple TV. Also it seems to only mention audio. Having it be able to directly play to an Apple TV both audio and video would be huge. This would be a lot easier in a business presentation situation (don’t need to bother getting the wifi password) and also places like our cabin which is in bumfuck with no internet and therefor no router. Just toss your $100 Apple TV in your bag and you’re good to go wherever there is a TV (with an HDMI input).

Komodovaran

Post by Komodovaran » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:45 pm

beats me wrote:So it’s rumored that Apple will upgrade AirPlay so you won’t need a wifi router in the loop. It will go directly to the speakers/receiver. Oddly there’s no mention of it working directly to an Apple TV. Also it seems to only mention audio. Having it be able to directly play to an Apple TV both audio and video would be huge. This would be a lot easier in a business presentation situation (don’t need to bother getting the wifi password) and also places like our cabin which is in bumfuck with no internet and therefor no router. Just toss your $100 Apple TV in your bag and you’re good to go wherever there is a TV (with an HDMI input).

Does ad hoc even support this much bandwidth? Maybe that's why it only mentions audio. :x

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:44 pm

^ that

you can't stream from the internet without a gateway.

audio is small taters compared to video.

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:08 pm

I don’t know what you guys are going on about. Truly. I’m talking about wireless streaming from an idevice to a stereo or TV, no internet involved between the 2. Currently AirPlay wirelessly streams to the Apple TV via a wireless router and video works just fine on it. This is just taking the middle man router out of the loop.

This may be a hardware issue with current technology which may be what you guys are talking about, but it’s not an impossibility. It’s basically performing the same task as a wireless router. So maybe Apple would have to up the hardware in the Apple TV and so would any third party manufacturer that wants to utilize the same tech. I’d imagine third parties could also open the tech to other companies if it’s basically slapping a wifi receiver in their hardware.