iPad

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
beats me

Re: iPad

Post by beats me » Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:35 am

Map showing poor people use Android and rich people use iOS.

Just showin’!

:x

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:21 am

so, uh... does that make you and me wannabe rich folk, poseurs, or what?
beats me wrote:If Apple was Samsung or Microsoft they’d launch a massive campaign about how you can also control the Apple TV with your voice and your iPhone. I don’t think Apple has done a commercial for the Apple TV ever. Could be wrong though.
if you take the Apple billboards in San Francisco alone... you've probably reached the advertising budgets of hundreds of large companies... combined.

Seriously, can you imagine what one of those Eminem shaped signs must cost in that area?

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:23 am

I almost always default to using my iPhone or iPad to control the Apple TV, it's just so much easier than that little remote.

I never really used Siri that much in the past, but since I broke my hand I've been using her and OS X's built in dictation a lot for work. It makes a lot of mistakes at first so I can see why a lot of people dismiss it. But once it learns your mistakes, it's surprisingly very accurate. Pretty crazy that it's free, and most people don't even know it's there.

Use dictation for this entire post, didn't need to make one correction. :)

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:17 am

^ ha! Nice!!

i use the little remote on my Apple TV, but i have an app called Rowmote on my iPhone that lets me control my iMac it has some functionality in most applications and can put the computer to sleep or restart etc, but I just use it for controlling Netflix.. pause, stop, next, volume. works good for that.

i've recently been using Siri to find music on my Phone and for text messages while i'm driving, but i think the background noise and the fact that i have the phone below the window (so i don't get the same ticket i'm trying to avoid by using her) keeps the accuracy a bit off. she occasionally skips entire words. i know how dictation software needs to work with training (the doctors at the clinic where i work use Dragon and i'm constantly reminding them) so i should give Siri a fair shake. thanks for the testimonial. funnily enough i know one of the women in charge at Apple who worked on the version for iPhone 5 and latest iOS releases. i keep forgetting to ask her about it. her son and mine are buddies... she's a pretty cool chick. i wonder if Apple has sworn her to secrecy about any aspects of it???

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:51 pm

WWDC this June.

You know we're not going to see anything as cool as an iWatch.

It's going to be the usually boring as fuck iOS update.

ffs.

Fuck Apple.

I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

beats me

Post by beats me » Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:44 pm

LoopStationZebra wrote:WWDC this June.

You know we're not going to see anything as cool as an iWatch.

It's going to be the usually boring as fuck iOS update.

ffs.

Fuck Apple.

They might also reveal the next OSX, but in my opinion TOO SOON!!

Since OSX updates are going to be free going forward I think it’s also going to lead to the problem that people might finally feel they are safe to upgrade to Mavericks, but by that time Apple removes it from available downloads and replaces it with whatever the latest unproven version is. And repeat. :x

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:49 pm

Just found out there’s a way to slice to MIDI in Logic. Chop up the audio file in the arrangement, select all the files, and right click and select “Create sampler track” (or something like that). Sure it’s not as simple or powerful as slicing to drum racks in Live but at least it’s a function I wasn’t aware of. :x

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:45 pm

I wonder if Android fanboys are as bored as us iOS fanboys. I think if both sides are honest with themselves they’d admit that both OS’s have been through enough upgrades now that we’re not excitedly anticipating anything meaningful other than the opportunity to piss each other off further.

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:23 pm

http://www.macrumors.com/2014/04/09/app ... -overhaul/

In summary: Music listeners went from stealing cunts to cheap cunts and this is somehow Apple’s problem. :x

Perhaps the music industry should reflect on the fact that they licensed all their music to play on demand with a subscription. Gee, maybe that’s the real reason people aren’t buying music. :x

For me personally I buy more music as a result of streaming services, not less. Streaming services introduce me to tracks I want to own that I wouldn’t find if I were to rely on the music industry or rabbit hole clicking that I don’t have the patience for, but I guess that probably makes me some middle aged asshole. People below and above my age aren't buying music anymore. :x

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:58 pm

beats me wrote:I wonder if Android fanboys are as bored as us iOS fanboys. I think if both sides are honest with themselves they’d admit that both OS’s have been through enough upgrades now that we’re not excitedly anticipating anything meaningful other than the opportunity to piss each other off further.

Android fanboys are far too busy trying to figure out which apps still work with the latest OS and whether or not they should roll back.

:P

Emanresu0891

Post by Emanresu0891 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:42 pm

Do people still care about the Ipad in the same giddy way they used to or, has the wonder worn off turning it into another dust collector?

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:49 pm

You're multing ALL WRONG.

ffs

Kids these days.

Komodovaran

Post by Komodovaran » Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:08 pm

Emanresu0891 wrote:Do people still care about the Ipad in the same giddy way they used to or, has the wonder worn off turning it into another dust collector?
Remember when Steve Jobs said we didn't need a stylus for the iPad?

Well, he was right. At least in my case. :x

beats me

Post by beats me » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:12 pm

Swipe to delete on the Mail app is buggy as fuck. Half the time it either doesn’t register my swipe and doesn’t bring up the delete option or it opens the email like I tapped on it. FFS. :x

beats me

Post by beats me » Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:31 pm

So it’s cool and all that I can control my iPod from my new car’s stereo touch screen but

1. I can’t fast forward or rewind through a track, only jump to tracks. :x

2. I listen to a lot of podcasts and it doesn’t display if I’ve already listened to an episode. :x

3. It’s a single touch display and there’s no scrolling. It just advances through a list on the display. :x

4. Controlling the iPod with the display completely disables controlling anything with the iPod. :x

I find it somewhat more dangerous than adjusting things with the actual iPod. The iPod I can hold up in my hand close to the steering wheel and still look in front of me. Plus I use an iPod Classic with the tactile controls so I don’t have to be completely looking at it for some things. The touch screen I always have to be looking somewhat down and to the right and what’s going on directly in front of me isn’t exactly in focus. In short I’m finding myself committing a lot more to what I’m listening to which doesn’t work for my short attention span. :x

But there’s also an aux in I can still use to control things old school. It just feels like a step backwards. :x