iPad

Discussion of anything not related to audio or music production
beats me
Posts: 23319
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:39 pm

Re: iPad

Post by beats me » Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:00 pm

All day long I’m playing seesaw with the Pandora app shimmying over a “share this with your facebook friends!” window that hides the playlist selection window. :x

beats me
Posts: 23319
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:39 pm

Re: iPad

Post by beats me » Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:12 pm

On the new Galaxy phone you won’t be able to replace the battery yourself and it doesn’t have a memory expansion slot. :lol: “Apple got it wrong but it seems to be working for them, so fuck it! We’re now doing it too.” Oh, and they are introducing Samsung Pay too. :lol:

stringtapper
Posts: 6270
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2004 6:21 pm

Re: iPad

Post by stringtapper » Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:29 pm

Just got a 128GB iPhone 6 Plus.

Thing is fucking huge. Like almost embarrassingly huge.

I pulled it out in public for the first time last night and felt like I was making a spectacle.

"Don't mind me. I just keep a TV in my pocket."

:x
Unsound Designer

H20nly
Posts: 15836
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:15 pm
Location: The Wild West

Re: iPad

Post by H20nly » Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:39 pm

when you get a purse to carry it, make sure it's a neutral color that matches all you shoes

H20nly
Posts: 15836
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:15 pm
Location: The Wild West

Re: iPad

Post by H20nly » Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:43 pm

beats me wrote:On the new Galaxy phone you won’t be able to replace the battery yourself and it doesn’t have a memory expansion slot. :lol: “Apple got it wrong but it seems to be working for them, so fuck it! We’re now doing it too.” Oh, and they are introducing Samsung Pay too. :lol:
since millions of people line up to pay more for less features... then a good way to cut costs is to give the people what they want, or in this case don't. sounds like profits are going up over at Samsung.

beats me
Posts: 23319
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:39 pm

Re: iPad

Post by beats me » Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:44 pm

H20nly wrote:
beats me wrote:On the new Galaxy phone you won’t be able to replace the battery yourself and it doesn’t have a memory expansion slot. :lol: “Apple got it wrong but it seems to be working for them, so fuck it! We’re now doing it too.” Oh, and they are introducing Samsung Pay too. :lol:
since millions of people line up to pay more for less features... then a good way to cut costs is to give the people what they want, or in this case don't. sounds like profits are going up over at Samsung.

If down by 2/3rds is considered going up

http://www.zdnet.com/article/samsung-mo ... last-year/

:lol:

stringtapper
Posts: 6270
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2004 6:21 pm

Re: iPad

Post by stringtapper » Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:53 pm

H20nly wrote:when you get a purse to carry it, make sure it's a neutral color that matches all you shoes
:x
Unsound Designer

H20nly
Posts: 15836
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:15 pm
Location: The Wild West

Re: iPad

Post by H20nly » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:33 pm

^ :wink:

beats me wrote:
H20nly wrote:
beats me wrote:On the new Galaxy phone you won’t be able to replace the battery yourself and it doesn’t have a memory expansion slot. :lol: “Apple got it wrong but it seems to be working for them, so fuck it! We’re now doing it too.” Oh, and they are introducing Samsung Pay too. :lol:
since millions of people line up to pay more for less features... then a good way to cut costs is to give the people what they want, or in this case don't. sounds like profits are going up over at Samsung.

If down by 2/3rds is considered going up

http://www.zdnet.com/article/samsung-mo ... last-year/

:lol:
exactly, they had to come up with something so they could make profits like Apple

beats me
Posts: 23319
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:39 pm

Re: iPad

Post by beats me » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:04 pm

Well this move certainly isn’t going to return their profits to their (comparative) glory days. They oversaturated the market with phones of varying quality, a good percentage of which fall under “I don’t give a shit. It’s free with a contract” which even includes their flagship Galaxy line. Also Android users typically don’t lose their shit over the latest and greatest and MUST HAVE! mass hypnosis that Apple fans are famous for.

I mean, seriously, user replaceable battery and memory card expansion slot were big selling points for Fandroid Apple haters. I could probably even dig up a Samsung commercial advertising exactly that at Apple’s expense. “Apple doesn’t care what users want!!” Sounds like Samsung now doesn’t care either. :lol:

H20nly
Posts: 15836
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:15 pm
Location: The Wild West

Re: iPad

Post by H20nly » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:17 pm

beats me wrote:Well this move certainly isn’t going to return their profits to their (comparative) glory days. They oversaturated the market with phones of varying quality, a good percentage of which fall under “I don’t give a shit. It’s free with a contract” which even includes their flagship Galaxy line. Also Android users typically don’t lose their shit over the latest and greatest and MUST HAVE! mass hypnosis that Apple fans are famous for.

I mean, seriously, user replaceable battery and memory card expansion slot were big selling points for Fandroid Apple haters. I could probably even dig up a Samsung commercial advertising exactly that at Apple’s expense. “Apple doesn’t care what users want!!” Sounds like Samsung now doesn’t care either. :lol:
i can believe that last part...

but if you don't believe the Galaxy S4 and S5 are bad ass phones... you are sorely mistaken.

hell, the S5 is closer to waterproof than Apple's watch :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-VekZP9jS0

ffs!

beats me
Posts: 23319
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:39 pm

Re: iPad

Post by beats me » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:50 pm

I’m sure the Galaxy phones are quality phones. If anybody has problems with Android flagship phones it’s usually they don’t like Android OS.

And thanks for reminding me. The Galaxy 6 phones will no longer be waterproof either. :lol:

H20nly
Posts: 15836
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:15 pm
Location: The Wild West

Re: iPad

Post by H20nly » Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:00 am

and it's probably still more waterproof the Apple's watch. :lol:

meh, i'm eligible for an upgrade at work next month... pretty sure i'll be getting another 5S (screen shattered on my last one i've had to use a spare 5)... the size of the 6 is not appealing to me. IMO phones are about to hit a plateau until someone brings something completely fucking new to the table... holograms or something are all that's left besides more horsepower to do more shit at the same time.


:idea: but the new 5G network is supposed to be capable of 800 Gbps... so we all have to get the phones with the new antenna first. so expect at least 1 to 2 more of the 2 year contract commitments before your Facebook feed is literally your friend's face.

beats me
Posts: 23319
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:39 pm

Re: iPad

Post by beats me » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:25 pm

Product placement.

Last week’s entire episode of Modern Family took place with the camera filming the screen of MBP (or A for all we know) and all the interaction took place between Facetime on iPhones and iPads, Messages, and Safari social media pages. It was one long advertisement for how seamlessly Apple products work together.

House of Cards. Douglas Stamper is given a Windows phone. You know it’s a Windows phone because they go out of their way to show the Metro interface. You later find out that he’s only supposed to use it for emergencies and that he’s possibly going to get pushed out of the picture. The big players are using iPhones. Conclusion: Windows phones are used for burners or people you’d rather not associate with. Product placement backfire. :P

beats me
Posts: 23319
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:39 pm

Re: iPad

Post by beats me » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:22 pm

Scathing article about Ive being chauffeured to work in a Bentley

http://valleywag.gawker.com/apple-desig ... 1686287300

For that matter, no way would Jon Ive have dared to ride around with a chauffeur when Steve was alive, and no way would Steve have ever been so vulgar as to be driven around by a chauffeur in a Bentley, like a modern-day pharaoh. Steve drove his own Mercedes and parked in a handicapped space, like a normal sociopath.
:lol: :lol: :x

LoopStationZebra
Posts: 10586
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:57 pm
Contact:

Re: iPad

Post by LoopStationZebra » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:38 pm

Pfft. Dude should not only be driven to work in a Bentley, but should be given all the blow and whores he could handle.

ffs

Retarded.

:x
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

Post Reply