iPad

Discussion of anything not related to audio or music production
beats me
Posts: 23319
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:39 pm

Re: iPad

Post by beats me » Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:18 pm

shadx312 wrote:Are you sure about that? Have you checked?

No, and no. And no offense intended to you, but I think you made more of a blind suggestion than informed recommendation. I’ve bought gear off Ebay. I’m not going to buy hella cheap components for an expensive computer that could potentially fry it and then I get a "you're a dumbass" from Apple tech support.

regretfullySaid
Posts: 8913
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:50 pm

Re: iPad

Post by regretfullySaid » Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:15 pm

I wasn't assuming cheap components. I was assuming proper quality ram for a mac.
ImageImage

mrdelurk
Posts: 456
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:45 am
Location: Pahoa
Contact:

Re: iPad

Post by mrdelurk » Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:11 am

beats me wrote:Looking at third party RAM upgrades...
Not sure about new Macs, but on this Win7 PC with 18 Gigs, in 5 years I never got a "not enough RAM" message. Not even once.

H20nly
Posts: 15836
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:15 pm
Location: The Wild West

Re: iPad

Post by H20nly » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:00 am

Buy RAM from Crucial... go to their website and figure out what you need...

then buy it from newegg.com

beats me
Posts: 23319
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:39 pm

Re: iPad

Post by beats me » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:39 pm

H20nly wrote:Buy RAM from Crucial... go to their website and figure out what you need...

then buy it from newegg.com

Hmm, checked out Crucial before my OP post on RAM and the new iMac model didn't come up. Now it does. $130 for 16GB. Nice.

H20nly
Posts: 15836
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:15 pm
Location: The Wild West

Re: iPad

Post by H20nly » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:43 am

:wink:

beats me
Posts: 23319
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:39 pm

Re: iPad

Post by beats me » Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:18 pm

So I ordered the iMac to be delivered mostly for the brown nondescript box it comes in for whenever I need to move it in public. The Fedex guy hands it to me saying “So, new Mac huh?” Damnit! :x :x :x :x

Also read the new iMac won’t run Mavericks. So I have to upgrade my current Mac to Yosemite hoping it doesn’t fuck anything up and then Time Machine it to the new Mac. Fuck. :x

mrdelurk
Posts: 456
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:45 am
Location: Pahoa
Contact:

Re: iPad

Post by mrdelurk » Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:10 am

beats me wrote:So I ordered the iMac to be delivered mostly for the brown nondescript box it comes in for whenever I need to move it in public. The Fedex guy hands it to me saying “So, new Mac huh?” Damnit!
They are good, they can tell what's in any package just by the sound it makes when dropped once or twice. :D

H20nly
Posts: 15836
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:15 pm
Location: The Wild West

Re: iPad

Post by H20nly » Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:35 am

:x

beats me
Posts: 23319
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:39 pm

Re: iPad

Post by beats me » Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:29 pm

I started migration assistant from a Time Machine drive from my old iMac to my new iMac before I left for work this morning with an estimated 6 hours to complete the process. I’m nervous what I’m going to get home to, most nervous about what is going to happen when I try to fire up a DAW set. :x

The 5k display is 8O . I full screened the NI site on both iMacs and the difference is huge. Of course 5k is unnecessary if you aren’t doing high end graphics but people have already been making unnecessary retina MBP purchases for quite some time, so suck it! I’m in full agreement with “you can’t unsee that” regardless of need. :x

mrdelurk
Posts: 456
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:45 am
Location: Pahoa
Contact:

Re: iPad

Post by mrdelurk » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:34 pm

Anyone tried the new invisible Korg keyboard?

regretfullySaid
Posts: 8913
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:50 pm

Re: iPad

Post by regretfullySaid » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:59 pm

Don't scroll to the bottom!
ImageImage

H20nly
Posts: 15836
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:15 pm
Location: The Wild West

Re: iPad

Post by H20nly » Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:14 pm

beats me wrote:I started migration assistant from a Time Machine drive from my old iMac to my new iMac before I left for work this morning with an estimated 6 hours to complete the process. I’m nervous what I’m going to get home to, most nervous about what is going to happen when I try to fire up a DAW set. :x

The 5k display is 8O . I full screened the NI site on both iMacs and the difference is huge. Of course 5k is unnecessary if you aren’t doing high end graphics but people have already been making unnecessary retina MBP purchases for quite some time, so suck it! I’m in full agreement with “you can’t unsee that” regardless of need. :x
how'd it go??

beats me
Posts: 23319
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:39 pm

Re: iPad

Post by beats me » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:34 pm

Fairly smooth. I opened up a Logic set Friday night and one of the sounds was the default tone. I went “Ah!!!” and decided not to proceed further that night because I was expecting a bunch of the same. So Saturday I discovered I just needed to reauthorize all my Spectrasonic and NI plugins and after that it was smooth sailing. As a bonus I rediscovered a bunch of unfinished tracks I like again with fresh airs. So I’ll probably unfinish them a little further. :) :x

Pitch Black
Posts: 6441
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2002 2:18 am
Location: Auckland New Zealand
Contact:

Re: iPad

Post by Pitch Black » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:04 pm

beats me wrote:I’ll probably unfinish them a little further. :) :x
Image

"THATS THE SPIRIT!!!!



I've always liked your stuff Beats :)

Post Reply