The World Cup Thread

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
dum

Re: The World Cup Thread

Post by dum » Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:11 pm

djsynchro wrote:I'm ecstatic Holland lost. I live in the centre of Amsterdam and I'm so totally sick of seeing all these orange flags shirts wigs dog collars WHATVER I hate all that nationalist crap! If Holland had won it would have been days of celebrating flag waving screaming urinating vomiting in the street. No thank you.
SPAIN FTW!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
+1

:D
Pasha wrote:Thanks dum for being so precise.

Poster

Post by Poster » Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:40 pm

dum wrote:
Poster wrote:re: Spanish offside.. I take that back.. the pub was too crowded and people were all jumping to have a precise look at it..
just saw a youtube where both those situations with Iniesta were indeed all clear..
I forgot to comment on this beaut!
lol

Most pubs I hang out in people actually talk to each other, and ya, quite often when watching football if you miss something it's quite easy to ask someone what happened - if you're not told before you get the chance to ask.

How you managed to still think it was offside up until today and even offered your misinformation as a 'FACT' is testament to how hollow your words are on this topic.

=)
this is by far the most desperate last try at a pwn'age I have ever witnessed..
lol.. trying to analyze human interaction in a pub you were not there, not knowing my whereabouts and occupations for the last couple of days :lol:

you're loosing it buddy.. b0unce would've pwned..

dum

Post by dum » Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:51 pm

heh... you're projecting now.

1: two dutch folks complain about the ref
2: shortly after, I highlight the fact that dutch supporters complaining about the ref is laughable, attached a pic
3: you misinterpret what I say, and attempt to contradict me, also attaching a list of supposed facts that are debatable or painfully obvious at best or completely wrong at worst
4: I highlight the errors of your post
5: discussion immediately deteriorates into forum drama where you invoke the 'b0unce' card, backtrack, and talk about shit like 'pwnage'

Point 5 is where you lost it buddy =)

My previous post was a last-ditch attempt at bringing our exchange back to the topic at hand, but of course - you being wrong from the onset - have chosen the forum drama path. A well beaten track for the intellectually wounded :P

funky shit

Post by funky shit » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:16 pm

I dont know why the dutch are complaining about the ref. Only critisism i have is that he didn;t show a red for the tackle on alonso, although he didnt really see it.
Robben should have put at least two away.
I dont care about what anybody else thinks, but in my opinion spain are a major snooze fest.

none of this matters, germany v uragauy would have been an awesome final.

dum

Post by dum » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:28 pm

funky shit wrote:I dont know why the dutch are complaining about the ref. Only critisism i have is that he didn;t show a red for the tackle on alonso, although he didnt really see it.
he saw enough to issue a yellow card though :?: :!:

the picture I posted isn't even a great angle, viewed from the other side is much more epic: watching the studs land and sink into his chest - KAPOW! he has since stated it's the worst foul he's endured in his entire career, was fucked for the rest of the match and suspects he's broken a rib..... but I couldn't find a screencap of that angle after a quick search

funky shit

Post by funky shit » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:31 pm

MORTAL KOMBAT

Poster

Post by Poster » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:32 pm

funky shit wrote:Only critisism i have is that he didn;t show a red for the tackle on alonso, although he didnt really see it..
he has 3 other officials that could've explained what had happened.. de Jong should've been sent off..
I think the ref decided to follow FIFA instructions to try and keep it an attractive match for as long as possible, meaning; when possible not sending people off that early in the game..
If he did see or heard from the other officials what happened, it was very generous to only draw a yellow card.. The Dutch simply abused this FIFA instruction and turned it into a kick fest..

dum

Post by dum » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:46 pm

mikemc

Post by mikemc » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:29 pm

if they're gonna do it that way, they should at least do it right...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nxxWzPSXso
UTENZIL a tool... of the muse.

drako

Post by drako » Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:30 am

It was a combination of things.

1 Tension and expectation
2 Dutch team played in a lower area before the final, when they had their last training you could see that the passes not came trough as easy.
3 All soccer players hate to fail and have their pride and much testosterone, so if Spain has a better position tactic and plays the ball round and round, i can imagining with all that build expectation and pressure, that this leads to frustration and anger. + Add the mistakes by the reff and whining by the Spanish to it.
We are just humans

A final is just so much different from a normal game.

Anyway i am proud that this nation of 16.603.356 citizens, has such great history in soccer, producing so many talented players, compared to other countries which are much bigger and have many more people to choose from.
Holland did great! ImageImageImage
Last edited by drako on Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sunaivod

Post by sunaivod » Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:04 am

I guess we didn't lose :D check it out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFdajkzIxQ4

Cryptic UK

Post by Cryptic UK » Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:33 am

Champions League FTW!
Drums