T.V.

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
LoopStationZebra

Re: T.V.

Post by LoopStationZebra » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:42 pm

Growing Up Fisher
Up upcoming sitcom about a kid with a blind dad.

Oh I can't wait for the endless hilarity that will ensue.

:x
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:54 pm

Anyone watching Blacklist? I'm hearing good things.

Whizzercone

Post by Whizzercone » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:09 pm

LoopStationZebra wrote:Anyone watching Blacklist? I'm hearing good things.

Blacklist is a lot of fun.

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:04 am

Strip the City on the science channel. Visually stunning geological civil engineering at its best.

I have a friend who gets paid ungodly amounts of money to (as far as I know) put a dipstick into the ground then fill a party cup with soil and then 2 weeks later come back and say "Go ahead and build that".

Strip the City has given me a little more respect for his expertise.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:21 pm

True Detective is crazy good I think.

TheNobleNemesis

Post by TheNobleNemesis » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:49 am

Game Of Thrones is incredible, as are the novels!

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:15 pm

Last night's True Detective is all the proof you need that it's the best show ever.

The dark place this is going is disturbing

Oh and another hot chick makes an appearance and begs Woody for an ass fucking.

FFS

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:33 am

LoopStationZebra wrote:Last night's True Detective is all the proof you need that it's the best show ever.

The dark place this is going is disturbing

Oh and another hot chick makes an appearance and begs Woody for an ass fucking.

FFS

This week's episode got interesting and cooking to the point that there should be a lot more episodes, not one more left. I'm already disappointed in the finale without even seeing it. It's going to seem like a show that got cancelled mid season so they scrambled to try to wrap things up. :x

In other TV news they changed the name of The Military Channel to The American Heroes Channel. God, what a bunch of assholes we are. Does any other country have an entire channel dedicated to its military exploits? And then decides all their military actions are heroic in nature? And isn't a dictatorship? Oh, wait, shit! :x

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:24 pm

I'm holding out hope that True Detective goes out with an awe inspiring finale'.

beats me

Post by beats me » Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:40 pm

LoopStationZebra wrote:I'm holding out hope that True Detective goes out with an awe inspiring finale'.

Well, I didn’t get it. I don’t mean that in a confused way but it seems like they connected a ton of dots that I completely missed, but I felt that way most of the show. It felt like a show with a lot of great scenes and dialogue but I wouldn’t call it a monument to complete storytelling.

And fuck them for stumbling around the compound/ruins solo, gun drawn but could have easily been taken down from an endless supply of hiding spots. :x

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:58 pm

Spoilers below:

Well, yeah. I loved it and hated it - the ending. The show was really all about the two detectives and the journey they make. I thought that aspect wrapped up nicely.

Boo for not diving even a bit more into the cult. I mean, WTF? This was shaping up all the way to be this massive pedo voodoo cult that had high ranking members of society involved. Basically that all just kind of faded out; with some nonsense about how most of them are now dead or something. The motivations/psycho mind of the killer was also really glossed over - would've been great to just get 5min of insane explanations and rambling from the guy, and also get more of his backstory. Grampa Tuttle was apparently the first high priest in this madness, then it got passed down..etc Bah.

I liked the literary connections to The King in Yellow - even the portal in space and the black stars about to get sucked in was a cool vision but...FFS...it would have been awesome to mention the fucking story on the show. That would have explained a lot about this cult and their motivations: Taking a piece of short story fiction and imagining it's real. But nope..

beats me

Post by beats me » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:16 pm

LoopStationZebra wrote:Spoilers below:

Well, yeah. I loved it and hated it - the ending. The show was really all about the two detectives and the journey they make. I thought that aspect wrapped up nicely.

Boo for not diving even a bit more into the cult. I mean, WTF? This was shaping up all the way to be this massive pedo voodoo cult that had high ranking members of society involved. Basically that all just kind of faded out; with some nonsense about how most of them are now dead or something. The motivations/psycho mind of the killer was also really glossed over - would've been great to just get 5min of insane explanations and rambling from the guy, and also get more of his backstory. Grampa Tuttle was apparently the first high priest in this madness, then it got passed down..etc Bah.

I liked the literary connections to The King in Yellow - even the portal in space and the black stars about to get sucked in was a cool vision but...FFS...it would have been awesome to mention the fucking story on the show. That would have explained a lot about this cult and their motivations: Taking a piece of short story fiction and imagining it's real. But nope..

I read some theory before the finale aired that suggested it was some kind of incestuous cult where they only kept the females around to breed for purity of the bloodline and then they killed them off. They suggested Woody’s wife was part of the cult/bloodline and posted some visual screen grabs that would support that theory, a drawing made by one of his daughters of a pregnant looking female and of her staging her dolls in what looked like a sacrifice scene. His wife wasn’t on the killing list because her father was a high ranking and powerful member of the cult which would also explain why they introduced his character into the show early on.

But nope. None of that happened. :x

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:32 pm

:x :x :x :x :x :x

Still, +1 for two incredibly hot chicks getting naked during the show's run.

beats me

Post by beats me » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:58 pm

LoopStationZebra wrote::x :x :x :x :x :x

Still, +1 for two incredibly hot chicks getting naked during the show's run.

They definitely raised the bar on pay network “let me pause while I go have a moment” series sex scenes. :x

It's a close tie with miss tits and dragons. :x

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:32 pm

Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey. Epically awesome except it has some of the worst commercial break editing I’ve ever seen. No slow subtle visual or audio fade cue, just HERE’S SOME COMMERCIALS. And we’re back. :x