T.V.

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
Tarekith

Re: T.V.

Post by Tarekith » Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:01 am

Yeah Mr Robot is CRAZY this season for sure. A bit of a slow start but it's really picked up lately.

shadx312

Post by shadx312 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:13 am

sporkles

Post by sporkles » Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:28 am

The Americans, for sure. One of the most addictive shows I've ever seen. It's just that the wait between seasons is so long (especially when you have to wait till it gets to Netflix) that I should probably rewatch all preceding seasons before starting a new one.

According to IMDB, six seasons are planned, and I have to say I find that a bit concerning; no show has been able to justify such a long run in ages.

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:50 am

Tarekith wrote:Yeah Mr Robot is CRAZY this season for sure. A bit of a slow start but it's really picked up lately.
It's weird that the viewing figures have been low, because to my mind it's excellent TV. I guess if people aren't into the "unreliable narrator" trope then it's not so amazing, but I love it.
It's got a touch of David Lynch but if anything it's a bit better for being grounded in some sort of logical narrative.

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:33 pm

sporkles wrote:According to IMDB, six seasons are planned, and I have to say I find that a bit concerning; no show has been able to justify such a long run in ages.
Funny you should choose that word, because the recent Justified certainly deserved the six seasons it got.
Unsound Designer

shadx312

Post by shadx312 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:06 pm

My suspicion was correct about what non-eric was doing before he called it :lol:

https://youtu.be/AI7E7s-mTdw?t=2296

beats me

Post by beats me » Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:08 pm

First episode or season 3 of Black Mirror was brilliant and depressing, living in a world where every interaction you have with another human is rated and not having a high enough average rating holds you back in life on even basic customer service.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:49 pm

not sure about any new shows yet, but i signed up for and downloaded Sling the other day. i'm digging it so far. after not having commercials to take a piss or grab a beer during for the last decade... it's kind of refreshing to have them back.

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:37 am

beats me wrote:First episode or season 3 of Black Mirror was brilliant and depressing, living in a world where every interaction you have with another human is rated and not having a high enough average rating holds you back in life on even basic customer service.
Here, I rated you
?????

:|

sporkles

Post by sporkles » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:27 am

I can't be arsed to see if anyone already mentioned The Expanse here, but I'm definitely hooked! It feels really good to get sucked into a great sci-fi series again. And good job it's now a "Netflix Original" so that I don't have to wait forever for season 2.

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:17 pm

Yeah, the Expanse is good. The plot is complex and multilayered, they've spent a good bit of cash on the sets and props, and the characters are all entertaining in their own ways. I'm glad I only just caught it because it means I only have to wait a few months until season 2 .

beats me

Post by beats me » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:57 pm

Started watching Oliver Stone’s Untold History of America on Netflix. I think a more descript title would be Oliver Stone’s How Every President Since WWII Fucked Us! Seriously, it’s like “He was far worse than his predecessor, but check out what this next fucking guy did.” for every president. Almost comical if there wasn’t truth in it. But it is left leaning if for no other reason than the music selected. Democrat presidents get somewhat mellow or jazzy little numbers while Republican presidents get Soundtrack to the Apocalypse.

Also I’m sure the right is pulling their hair out over it as he says the Russians should get the bulk of the credit for winning WWII, not the US, and that Russian president Gorbachev was far more a beacon of democracy than president Reagan during the same time period. He had a nice laundry list of powerful corporations and people in the US that supported Nazi Germany even during the war. Ford even managed to successfully sue the US government for bombing their manufacturing plants in Germany during the war. 8O :lol: 8O :lol:

beats me

Post by beats me » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:01 pm

Started watching 11.22.63, Amazon original series but got the discs on Netflix. Really digging it and I’m surprised because it’s got 4 things I really couldn’t care less about – time travel, the Kennedy assassination, the 60’s, and James Franco. Most surprising to me is I find James Franco good in it. Usually I see him in a movie as James Franco playing James Franco. He still has his James Franco moments in this but not as distracting as other movies he is in. If you think I've said James Franco a lot in this paragraph, that's how I feel every time I see him on the screen.