T.V.

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
AceLuby

Re: T.V.

Post by AceLuby » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:33 pm

Don't watch too much TV these days, but when I do I watch:

1) Dexter: Best show on TV bar none. Great mix between a CSI type show and a movie about a serial killer. Books are pretty damn good too.

2) True Blood: Great vampire show on HBO, based on a chick book, but the show is better IMO.

3) Californication: Hilarious w/ super hot chicks on it all the time.

4) Shameless: Just started this one and am really enjoying it. About a crazy, poor family living in the slums of Chicago.

5) Weeds: Not sure why I still watch this because the story is ridiculous at this point, but I do and it isn't awful, though this past season was not very good.

6) Idiot Abroad: Just premiered this past saturday night and I laughed my ass off the entire time. From the creators of The Office (Ricky Gervais).

7) The Soup: Comedy show based on TV clips of the past week

8) Tosh.0: Comedy show based on viral web clips

9) Worst Cooks in America: My gf is a terrible cook, so we watch this together to make her feel better about her terrible cooking. I've also learned some technique from this show.

10) Diners, Drive-ins and Dives: Don't watch regularly, but when nothing else is on we'll watch this show. Didn't like the host at first, but he's grown on me. I've been to 3 of the places on there and every time they have been good. Highly recommend at least checking out the website to see if there are any places near you.
levimoniz wrote:yes i'm a hypocrite and not intelligent

beats me

Post by beats me » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:40 pm

AceLuby wrote:1) Dexter: Best show on TV bar none. Great mix between a CSI type show and a movie about a serial killer. Books are pretty damn good too.

I watched the first 2 or 3 seasons of Dexter but it started getting redundant and predictable so I lost interest.

AceLuby

Post by AceLuby » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:47 pm

beats me wrote:
AceLuby wrote:1) Dexter: Best show on TV bar none. Great mix between a CSI type show and a movie about a serial killer. Books are pretty damn good too.

I watched the first 2 or 3 seasons of Dexter but it started getting redundant and predictable so I lost interest.
The 4th season is the best one. John Lithgow hit it out of the park w/ his character.
levimoniz wrote:yes i'm a hypocrite and not intelligent

beats me

Post by beats me » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:58 pm

AceLuby wrote:
beats me wrote:

The 4th season is the best one. John Lithgow hit it out of the park w/ his character.

Hm, guess I watched season 4 too. Lithgow was great but still overall the season was way too formulaic and predictable for my taste. The best was the finale with Dexter's wife being killed and their kid left sitting in the puddle of blood pointing directly to what happed to Dexter as a kid. But even that wasn't enough to make me interested in watching further.

It should be noted that in general I don't like police/crime dramas so getting as far as I did on Dexter was really pushing my limits.

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:59 pm

AceLuby wrote: The 4th season is the best one. John Lithgow hit it out of the park w/ his character.

Agreed. Awesome.
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

Hidden Driveways

Post by Hidden Driveways » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:30 pm

I recently cut my cable service, but my favorite shows were Pawn Stars and Haunted (Animal Planet). I was into the ghost shows. There's some freaky stuff out there!

I've been watching the Mad Men series on Netflix dvds. It's okay.

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:58 pm

Hidden Driveways wrote:I recently cut my cable service, but my favorite shows were Pawn Stars

You're missing out on the ghetto version of Pawn Stars, Hardcore Pawn. It's filmed at a pawn shop in Detroit where people are trying to pawn things like their dentures or artificial limbs just to make it through the next couple of days. And unlike the polite negotiations on Pawn Stars, customers are demanding their POS is worth more than it actually is and are frequently being carried out of the store by security kicking and screaming. One nut case even tried to pawn a device he claimed he used to talk to aliens but it was clearly a DVD player with a remote control duct taped to it. Fucking awesome.

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:41 am

beats me wrote:
Hidden Driveways wrote:I recently cut my cable service, but my favorite shows were Pawn Stars

You're missing out on the ghetto version of Pawn Stars, Hardcore Pawn. It's filmed at a pawn shop in Detroit where people are trying to pawn things like their dentures or artificial limbs just to make it through the next couple of days. And unlike the polite negotiations on Pawn Stars, customers are demanding their POS is worth more than it actually is and are frequently being carried out of the store by security kicking and screaming. One nut case even tried to pawn a device he claimed he used to talk to aliens but it was clearly a DVD player with a remote control duct taped to it. Fucking awesome.

*running to tape via Tivo now*

:x :x :x :x :x :x :x

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:50 am

Mad Men quality comes and goes.

Pros:
Awesome 1960s architecture and design. :P
Smoking ALL the fucking TIME pretty much EVERYWHERE throughout life. :P
Drinking ALL the fucking TIME pretty much EVERYWHERE throughout life. :P
Reminds you there was a time when men were actually MEN. :P
Fascinating look at the beginnings of modern marketing. :P

Cons:
Marriage woes displayed ad nauseum. Who gives a flying fuck. :x
Child rearing issues whilst going through tough times and/or divorce. Who gives a flying fuck. :x
Dealing with your father-in-law/mother-in-law. Who gives a flying fuck. :x
Balancing your real identity with your fake one. That got old half way through the first season and Thank Shit it's over. :x
A whiny, bitchy ex-wife who won't shut the fuck up. :x

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:20 am

LoopStationZebra wrote:
beats me wrote:

*running to tape via Tivo now*

:x :x :x :x :x :x :x
It's like watching Cops with a waiting line and apparently in the high stakes game of poverty retention it's a PS3 based economy.

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:22 am

LoopStationZebra wrote:Mad Men quality comes and goes.

Pros:

Smoking ALL the fucking TIME pretty much EVERYWHERE throughout life. :P
What cracked me up the few times I managed to sit through the show's slow pacing is smoking takes place just about everywhere except outdoors. :lol:

macmurphy

Post by macmurphy » Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:06 am

Being Human. oh yes. a vampire, a ghost and two werewolves trying to be normal.

i love it so. i do! i do!

beats me

Post by beats me » Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:20 am

A little pissed off there's one more episode to go for Sparatacus, feels a little rushed. But admittedly it might be for me because of awasome writing, acting, and production that I might be at a weekly loss.

No, fuck that, they're rushing it.

continuous

Post by continuous » Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:33 am

Recently tore through the first couple seasons of Party Down. The name is a little meh but it gets addictive. I could watch Lizzy Caplan all day long...

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:43 pm

Only one more Spartacus? Bummer, I really like that show.

Anyone watch Burn Notice? My brother in law kept talking about how great it was and gave us the first season to watch, but 3 episodes in and it just seems really cheesy. The guy is a bad ass, but the premise for the plot each week seems really weak. Just curious if it gets better or not....

Oh well, at least Out Of the Wild is on again, I'm a sucker for survival shows.