Prince the Ponce

Post by LoopStationZebra » Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:36 pm

I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

MacGuffin

Re: Prince the Ponce

Post by MacGuffin » Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:40 pm

good old Prince...

It's not over, it just became The Network formely known as the Internet.

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:43 pm

THAT was pretty fucking funny, Mac.

MacGuffin

Post by MacGuffin » Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:38 pm

thanks. anytime.

seems no one else is interested in Prince's delusions. :|

dhilsabeck

Post by dhilsabeck » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:31 pm

I've been interested in Prince's delusions since I was about 5 years old and very confused about Computer Blue.
LoopStationZebra wrote:http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/201 ... -22382552/
The internet's completely over
:lol:
I think this is taken a little out of context. How I interpreted it is that the internet music business model is broken, which I do agree with. With Itunes, prices went up about 100% and quality went way down. People were then "forced" or encouraged to "pirate" music because they don't want to pay $15 for an inferior quality version of their favorite music. Doesn't make sense. Bad business model so people (both consumers and producers) search for alternatives.

And then Prince denies iTunes distribution to his new music and they get angry. I think that's a reasonable protest and one that very few people could pull off effectively. The catch though, is the healthy amount of music sharing and the fans that will no doubt get their hands on the new music, regardless of where it's distribution is limited to. It took me a while to get my hands on MPLS sound/Lotusflower and I did try getting to Target, but there aren't too many Targets around here...so I downloaded it and insist with people that Prince continues to release incredible music. And loved it and will continue to try to support Prince because people genuinely want to support good art.

-----

And anyone who is treated to the opportunity to jam out with Prince and then go on to portray him as a delusional freak is kind of a dick. Seriously. That's the type of shit you talk about constantly until the day you die. "Did I ever tell you fuckers the time I jammed out with Prince..." Opportunity of a lifetime and this person took it for granted. Weak.

i think that, with Prince, if he directs an "interview" by hosting a priviate tour of Paisley Park, an invitation to play drums with a living legend, a personal screening of his new material, a "party" with smoothies and melons in his personal club and watch old soul train videos, you just have to go with that shit. For a journalist, that a gift. Why would anyone in their right mind ask dumb questions about Michael Jackson and personal relationships and the past? As if there isn't enough interesting shit happening on the spot that you can't just go with that and come up with a fascinating article, then you just flat out suck as a journalist.

dhilsabeck

Post by dhilsabeck » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:33 pm

And if your thread title is sincere you can go fuck yourself. Have some respect. It's Prince!

:D

ChiDJ

Post by ChiDJ » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:46 pm

dhilsabeck wrote:And if your thread title is sincere you can go fuck yourself. Have some respect. It's Prince!

This
"Let you're body feel the sound! Let it cover you up and down!"

beats me

Post by beats me » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:40 pm

I don't get the logic behind not giving free digital downloads of the music away but then giving a shit ton of CDs away. And no shit wizards on here should start quipping about sound quality. There are plenty of options for high quality digital downloads, but I guess nobody in Prince's circle is going to pipe in with "But boss……".

What I think it really comes down to is he's a control freak. He hated being under the iron fist of the record label and equally doesn't like the free-for-all of the internet. He likes keeping his eyes on his shit.

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:19 pm

His comments about the Internet remind me of the scene in Swingers where, in the middle of a crowded party with hot hunnies, they decide to leave, and Charles says, "This place is dead anyways."
Image Image Image Image

Slightlydelic

Post by Slightlydelic » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:24 pm

beats me wrote:I don't get the logic behind not giving free digital downloads of the music away but then giving a shit ton of CDs away. And no shit wizards on here should start quipping about sound quality. There are plenty of options for high quality digital downloads, but I guess nobody in Prince's circle is going to pipe in with "But boss……".

What I think it really comes down to is he's a control freak. He hated being under the iron fist of the record label and equally doesn't like the free-for-all of the internet. He likes keeping his eyes on his shit.

fair play to the guy for not playing along & towing the line with something he doesnt want to be a part of or believe in.

personaly, as much as all this free download shit seems like the logical & correct way to play the game at the moment, i think it will be looked back upon as a fucking disaster and nothing more than a big handfull of extra nails in the independant music industries coffin.

beats me

Post by beats me » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:42 pm

Slightlydelic wrote:
beats me wrote:I don't get the logic behind not giving free digital downloads of the music away but then giving a shit ton of CDs away. And no shit wizards on here should start quipping about sound quality. There are plenty of options for high quality digital downloads, but I guess nobody in Prince's circle is going to pipe in with "But boss……".

fair play to the guy for not playing along & towing the line with something he doesnt want to be a part of or believe in.

personaly, as much as all this free download shit seems like the logical & correct way to play the game at the moment, i think it will be looked back upon as a fucking disaster and nothing more than a big handfull of extra nails in the independant music industries coffin.
He certainly has the right to not participate in whatever he doesn't want to but all he is really doing is putting a speed bump in the path of the inevitable and if you are interested in expanding your fan base, and he might not be, then refusing digital downloads isn't the way to do it.

Sure there's going to be all kinds of philosophical debate on the state of the music industry but the average listener non-musician doesn't give a shit about that. They just want their music now from the convenience of their house.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:44 pm

ChiDJ wrote:
dhilsabeck wrote:And if your thread title is sincere you can go fuck yourself. Have some respect. It's Prince!

This

+1

trippy article though.
LoopStationZebra wrote:it's like a hipster commie pinko manifesto. Rambling. Angry. Nearly divorced from all reality; yet strangely compelling with a ring of truth.

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:10 am

He's a bitter old man.

He could just as easily sell flac files via his own store. Jebus. Peter Gabriel's been doing that pretty much since the Internet was invented. :lol:

And I didn't take anything out of context. He's fucking bonkers.
"The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good.

"They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
omfg. What a fucking ponce.

P O N C E

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:13 am

OMFG MY HEAD'S BEING FILLED WITH NUMBERS!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

dhilsabeck

Post by dhilsabeck » Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:51 am

Says the man creeping on 4k posts in little over a year. :roll:
LoopStationZebra wrote: And I didn't take anything out of context. He's fucking bonkers.
Prince? Bonkers?!? No fucking shit. Just another reason why so many people love him.

And you don't agree that MTV's outdated?