$1 per smoke for my annoyance

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
ChiDJ

Re: $1 per smoke for my annoyance

Post by ChiDJ » Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:07 pm

funky shit wrote:box of fags in the us costs how much?

inb4 gay joke.
$10.00 a pack in Chicago. That's 50 cents a fag.

I say, your bro is probably trying to manage his habit by paying an exhorbitant fee to smoke. I wouldn't complain. You're getting some beer money. 8)
"Let you're body feel the sound! Let it cover you up and down!"

v0ins315

Post by v0ins315 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:17 pm

Buy an extra pack to keep at work, and sell him singles out of that one. When there are ~4 left, up the price and claim they are "your last ones."
Cool Character wrote:Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
http://www.soundcloud.com/v0ins
http://www.facebook.com/v0ins

shimmy

Post by shimmy » Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:26 pm

Beforehand,dab a little TABASCO or TAPATIO on the filter before you sell it to him.
It might chase him away. But, if we don't see you in the Lounge for a while, we'll know he didn't like my idea.

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:30 pm

I admitted my logic is flawed in regards to money making potential, but really it's about not wanting to deal with certain things just because there's some kind of financial benefit from it. It's an extremely minor example of that.

How about gigs you wouldn't do no matter how much they (reasonably) paid you because it sucks and it's not about the money? How about not being willing to do overtime at work even with the added money on your paycheck because your free time is more valuable to you than money? As mentioned by somebody else, how about not wanting to be a drug (literally) store for your friends or neighbors because you didn't buy with mass consumption in mind? We've all had friend(s) who plow through your alcohol and never bring any of their own.

I'm talking about people who repeatedly feel you have a talent or something tangible in your pocket, drawer, or shelf that you owe it to them to share for free or you should do it because they put money in your face and sometimes they look at you as the asshole for not kicking down what you never offered in the first place.

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:52 pm

beats me wrote:that you owe it to them to share for free or you should do it because they put money in your face and sometimes they look at you as the asshole for not kicking down what you never offered in the first place.
Wurd! I'll be in your war team on that one!

I dunno dude, I'm OK in these situations where I feel that put off by something someone's doing to engage me, with being thought of as an asshole.
If you really don't want to sell him cigs, don't, it's only that underlying drug buddy thing that most people associate with
cigs that makes leech feel than he's bending over backwards by giving you twice the going rate for your cigs. He's still not buying them and relying on you to have them, so he's set you up as his dealer, which you didn't ask to be. It really doesn't matter IMO what others think, as he's the one that's using you I bet to try and regulate his cig habit, which is in no way your responsibility. Tell him to buy a pack for himself, let them balls drop! :twisted:

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:21 pm

Agreed, and this brings me to another disgust with ADULTS acting like 3-year-olds or poorly trained pets. If I set down a mandate or make it painfully obvious that something isn't going to continue, that doesn't mean hit me up with it again 2 or 3 days later like it was never said. Pisses…..Me….Off.

UKRuss

Post by UKRuss » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:37 am

Just put the price up.

Tell him that from July 30th the price will be $1.50 per smoke and from August 30th $2 per smoke. These rises are to offset you're growing overheads as you expand your business.

however, there is a plus side! You now offer bulk discounts so:

For $15 dollars you will go to the store and buy him his own pack and for $50 a month, he can have as many smokes as he likes for free.

Maximise the opportunity.

Bleep Blop Ima Robot

Post by Bleep Blop Ima Robot » Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:08 pm

Buy a carton and make bank off him.

or

Dip some cigs in embalming fluid and sell those to him. :twisted:
::Mac Book Pro 2.4 GHz 4 GB:: ::Ableton Suite 8:: ::NI Massive:: ::NI Maschine:: ::NI FM8:: ::NI Audio 4 DJ:: .::.Akai APC40.::. .::.LaunchPad.::. .::.Nocturn 49.::. .::.Akai MPK25.::. .::.BCR2000.::. ::KRK R5's::
::M30 Reverb:: ::SampleMoog::

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:19 pm

Just remembered I recently met a guy who did several stretches in prison and one of the times he was released he had $15,000 he made from cigarette sales. Another guy he knows on the day he was released he went straight to a Harley dealership and paid for a bike in full with cash he made from cigarette sales in prison. Strange economy the prison system is.

djsynchro

Post by djsynchro » Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:28 pm

Cigarettes are for morons, only addiction that doesn't make you high go figure.

ChiDJ

Post by ChiDJ » Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:33 pm

djsynchro wrote:Cigarettes Just Work.
:mrgreen:
"Let you're body feel the sound! Let it cover you up and down!"

MacGuffin

Post by MacGuffin » Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:37 pm

djsynchro wrote:Cigarettes are for morons, only addiction that doesn't make you high go figure.
Nicotine does enhance memory and concentration, has many psychoactive effects (including the release of dopamine, just like amphetamines)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicotine#P ... ve_effects

but of course, it's more subtle than meth.

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:06 pm

MacGuffin wrote:
djsynchro wrote:Cigarettes are for morons, only addiction that doesn't make you high go figure.
Nicotine does enhance memory and concentration, has many psychoactive effects (including the release of dopamine, just like amphetamines)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicotine#P ... ve_effects

but of course, it's more subtle than meth.
It's also an amazing diet supplement. I can make it through an entire work day on nothing but smokes and coffee. When I don't have smokes at work I get hunger pains quickly and eat like a pig.

The campaign against smoking is also fucking up our healthcare system which was designed for people who die in their 60's. Smoking helps to make that a reality. The government should be promoting smoking, not rallying against it. No healthcare system can survive a large population of people living to be 100+.

Lastly when smoking was at it's height of popularity people were a tougher breed. Now everybody is a bunch of pussies.

mikemc

Post by mikemc » Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:16 pm

beats me wrote: The campaign against smoking is also fucking up our healthcare system which was designed for people who die in their 60's. Smoking helps to make that a reality. The government should be promoting smoking, not rallying against it. No healthcare system can survive a large population of people living to be 100+.

Lastly when smoking was at it's height of popularity people were a tougher breed. Now everybody is a bunch of pussies.
W3rd, Thanks in advance for dying in your sixties, tough guy.

:D
UTENZIL a tool... of the muse.

MacGuffin

Post by MacGuffin » Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:29 pm

beats me wrote:Now everybody is a bunch of pussies.

this is what we need to remedy that.