Everybody take a look at my lovely country...

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
LoopStationZebra

Re: Everybody take a look at my lovely country...

Post by LoopStationZebra » Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:24 pm

the only thing that cooled down northern ireland has been cash-flow stemming from an economic boom.
dum made this statement earlier (and in other threads as he pointed out), and it's by far the most profound statement in this entire thread.

While economic prosperity is certainly not THE answer to this or any conflict, it is one of the very few solid and proven building blocks.
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

alex.the.forge

Post by alex.the.forge » Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:52 am

LoopStationZebra wrote:
the only thing that cooled down northern ireland has been cash-flow stemming from an economic boom.
dum made this statement earlier (and in other threads as he pointed out), and it's by far the most profound statement in this entire thread.

While economic prosperity is certainly not THE answer to this or any conflict, it is one of the very few solid and proven building blocks.
+1

but seriously, the silly kunce have to stop marching there, it's just stupid. Let them march wherever else the fuck they like if it is not right through where the people it is most likely to piss off live. Who the fuck cares about William of Orange any way the dutch bastard. DJSynchro is proving daily those fuckers clearly have a screw loose. :)

Meanwhile I'm drinking Kilkenny for $5 a pint (good price here) in some random suburban Australian pub posting this on my macbook with 3G wireless talking about shite I know very little about and don't have to endure because my great grandad moved away from it 100 years ago.

funny old world.

mikemc

Post by mikemc » Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:33 am

alex.the.forge wrote: funny old world.

yes, good beer price but apparently you ended up where st. patrick sent all the snakes :) then again, maybe it is a fair enough trade-off.
UTENZIL a tool... of the muse.

alex.the.forge

Post by alex.the.forge » Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:49 am

mikemc wrote:
alex.the.forge wrote: funny old world.

yes, good beer price but apparently you ended up where st. patrick sent all the snakes :) then again, maybe it is a fair enough trade-off.
funny enough I quite literally tripped over his grave in Downpatrick. Seemed very Irish to me - the patron saint buried "over there somewhere" with no fanfare or tourist shops or nuttin. Just a big fookin stone slab saying "oh by the way here's our patron saint"

beautiful countryside though

distaudio

Post by distaudio » Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:35 am

An easy way to fuck it up for them is to just organise a Gay Mardi Gras parade for the same day as the march.

Then have them 'accidently' mix in with the Orangemen.

Problem solved.