the celts and alcohol

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
alex.the.forge

the celts and alcohol

Post by alex.the.forge » Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:40 am

Okay, I know there's a few of yers out there

who else here feels it is their right and responsibility as a Celt to continue with the same level of alcohol consumption our ancestors have always enjoyed

okay, so we don't lop the top of the big fooken clay thing and drink the wine that pours forth, to the horror of the lame Roman onlookers who watered theirs down and viewed us as barbarians.

The question is, in the 21st century are we supposed to "evolve" past it and accept that it's really not that good for us, or is it really just our way of life that we should carry on with pride until we drop deed some where in our 50s or 60s?*

*disclaimer
alex.the.forge wrote: Meanwhile I'm drinking Kilkenny for $5 a pint (good price here) in some random suburban Australian pub posting this on my macbook with 3G wireless

leedsquietman

Re: the celts and alcohol

Post by leedsquietman » Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:43 am

Combination of getting old (so yard of ale racing is well in the rear view mirror!) and lack of cash means I can't afford Kilkenny or any other alcohol but otherwise, hell yeah - beer !
http://soundcloud.com/umbriel-rising http://www.myspace.com/leedsquietmandemos Live 7.0.18 SUITE, Cubase 5.5.2], Soundforge 9, Dell XPS M1530, 2.2 Ghz C2D, 4GB, Vista Ult SP2, legit plugins a plenty, Alesis IO14.

funky shit

Post by funky shit » Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:44 am

drunk stupid amounts saturday - sunday

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:51 am

continuing, without a single stop...

all that health rubbish, the problem is not the alcohol or tobacco or any other substance the human man kind consumes since 1000s of years...

the problem is the bad and unhealthy food most of us eat and the 'shit' put into tobacco, alcohol and other things that don't belong there...

plus that our modern understanding of health and the health system turns us into little babies that are not able anymore to take responsibility for ourselves... plus our comfort, lifts, cars, escalators turns us into lazy, sloppy / fat unhealthy bastards...

that is what i think, continue... my hero was an uncle of mine, he turned 97 was drinking and smoking like a hellraiser until his death, but ate beautifully and lived on the 5th floor without a lift, he was jumping up the stairs until his last day like a young gazelle... every single day carrying the shopping...

another example... go to the east of europe... they drink like hell and are fit and healthy (and turn real old), because they eat stuff from farms and gardens instead of supermarkets and they are not so what i call 'domestificated' yet (from the word 'domestos' used to be a hardcore bleach cleaner) from our modern way of life... they still life way, way more in harmony with the nature.
*** Image GAFM ***

pepezabala

Post by pepezabala » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:00 pm

SubFunk wrote:continuing, without a single stop...

all that health rubbish, the problem is not the alcohol or tobacco or any other substance the human man kind consumes since 1000s of years...

the problem is the bad and unhealthy food most of us eat and the 'shit' put into tobacco, alcohol and other things that don't belong there...

plus that our modern understanding of health and the health system turns us into little babies that are not able anymore to take responsibility for ourselves... plus our comfort, lifts, cars, escalators turns us into lazy, sloppy / fat unhealthy bastards...

that is what i think, continue... my hero was an uncle of mine, he turned 97 was drinking and smoking like a hellraiser until his death, but ate beautifully and lived on the 5th floor without a lift, he was jumping up the stairs until his last day like a young gazelle... every single day carrying the shopping...

another example... go to the east of europe... they drink like hell and are fit and healthy (and turn real old), because they eat stuff from farms and gardens instead of supermarkets and they are not so what i call 'domestificated' yet (from the word 'domestos' used to be a hardcore bleach cleaner) from our modern way of life... they still life way, way more in harmony with the nature.
sub, go and talk to people working in the emergency room at your local hospital, and you will change your idealized assumptions about drugs, tobacco and alcohol.
I am totally in favour of personal freakout, substance-induced hallucinationing and a regular weed-sofa-in-the-brain. But I believe it's unhealthy. At least as unhealthy as ice-cream or chocolate cake.

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:09 pm

pepezabala wrote:
SubFunk wrote:continuing, without a single stop...

sub, go and talk to people working in the emergency room at your local hospital, and you will change your idealized assumptions about drugs, tobacco and alcohol.
I am totally in favour of personal freakout, substance-induced hallucinationing and a regular weed-sofa-in-the-brain. But I believe it's unhealthy. At least as unhealthy as ice-cream or chocolate cake.
well anything is unhealthy, that is why i don't stop... i don't seek a healthy life, i seek a life full of pleasures.

and all i can say from my perspective is that genuine (emphasis is on genuine / real / truthfully) happy people get old and stay healthy...

and i know that pleasure makes me happy and not counting calories or proof of alcohol percentage or the like :wink:

and to each his own... and nothing is secure anyway...

it can turn into a long discussion why do I believe those people are in the hospital...

i had a very striking experience with doctors when i was around 20 years of age, i never visited yet a doctor again in 20 years and i have no intention to ever go to one again as long as i life...

i personally have never been better since i don't see them anymore...
Last edited by SubFunk on Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
*** Image GAFM ***

dum

Post by dum » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:12 pm

SubFunk wrote:all that health rubbish, the problem is not the alcohol or tobacco or any other substance the human man kind consumes since 1000s of years...
Man did alot of things for 1000's of years, dying remarkably young being one of them.
Pasha wrote:Thanks dum for being so precise.

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:20 pm

dum wrote:Man did alot of things for 1000's of years, dying remarkably young being one of them.
which i believe is the 'right' way... all that artificial extending is not really what i believe is good.

we don't have to turn a 100 and turn into senile F-ks occupying the planet. or being spoon fed by nurses.
*** Image GAFM ***

dum

Post by dum » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:32 pm

thanks for clarifying

:idea:
Pasha wrote:Thanks dum for being so precise.

nikulo

Post by nikulo » Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:16 pm

100% agree

problem is, when the death finally knocks your door, you'll do -everything- in your power to evade it xD
even if you really made peace with the world, and find yourself ok with your own death (like cancer patiens), last stadium acceptance .

the death itself always is a fight and struggle for life, thats just how the human body works^^

chances are pretty low that you really get that sellout "close your eyes, just so stop breathing as it would be comfortable and fall asleep!

still! cant wait to see whats next haha^^

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:21 pm

nikulo wrote:100% agree

problem is, when the death finally knocks your door, you'll do -everything- in your power to evade it xD
even if you really made peace with the world, and find yourself ok with your own death (like cancer patiens), last stadium acceptance .

the death itself always is a fight and struggle for life, thats just how the human body works^^

chances are pretty low that you really get that sellout "close your eyes, just so stop breathing as it would be comfortable and fall asleep!

still! cant wait to see whats next haha^^
well, of course... it is a built in instinct to 'survive' therefor to prolong your life as much as possible...

but what the hell do i know or anyone else about the moment death knocks on the door... no one could report / share that experience yet, LOL

therefor i go as long as i can... and see what's happening next...
*** Image GAFM ***

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:59 pm

SubFunk wrote:
dum wrote:Man did alot of things for 1000's of years, dying remarkably young being one of them.
which i believe is the 'right' way... all that artificial extending is not really what i believe is good.

we don't have to turn a 100 and turn into senile F-ks occupying the planet. or being spoon fed by nurses.
I approve of this message.
Unsound Designer

mikemc

Post by mikemc » Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:10 am

stringtapper wrote:
SubFunk wrote:

I approve of this message.
well, how old is too old, and-- you should see some things first, imho, though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOphFl88U-g
UTENZIL a tool... of the muse.

beats me

Post by beats me » Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:12 pm

Just wanted to say you can't be considered a hardcore drinker if you drink nothing but beer. At best you've gained the ability to not slip into a nap after a 6 pack and can double as a buoy marker when swimming in the ocean.

Sage

Post by Sage » Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:17 pm

beats me wrote:Just wanted to say you can't be considered a hardcore drinker if you drink nothing but beer. At best you've gained the ability to not slip into a nap after a 6 pack and can double as a buoy marker when swimming in the ocean.
Aren't cans of beer in the USA tiny?