Breaking Bad

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
Forge.

Re: Breaking Bad

Post by Forge. » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:20 am

garyboozy wrote:* MORE SPOILERS *
condra wrote:Not sure about the berry plant thing at the end. Did Walt poison Broc to trick Jessie?
yep. to get jessie back on his side and against gus again.
in the previous episode you see walt spinning the gun on the table in his back yard. twice it stops on him, 3rd time it points at the plant.
walt looked genuinely relieved at the end when jessie told him broc's ok,
like he was worried he'd used too many berries.
yeah they did a close up of the plant at the end and it said 'lilly of the valley' which Jesse said the doctors said it was

Walt turned out to be a truly ruthless bastard - I wonder if in the next season he will be king pin

fantastic final ep. though - I really think Season 4 has been the best one.

rickdorr

Post by rickdorr » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:21 am

Vince Gilligan is a genius! And the cast is outstanding, Its the only show I keep thinking about after its over.

MarkvW

Post by MarkvW » Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:25 pm

Styles Bitchly wrote:Truly a great finale. When Gus didn't take the bait at the parking garage last week, a hot load almost expunged itself in me trousers. Anyway, to me, there were two hokie aspects of the finale episode. First, the wheelchair bell-switch failing several times before detonating the bomb - this was of course to build suspense, but a guy as meticulous as Walt would've had that circuit positively airtight. The second thing I could've done without was that Faux-Terminator appearance of Gus walking out of the room after the blast - looked really fake to me. I would've prefered to see Gus' singed head rolling out the door or maybe an arm flying through the door with his sportcoat attached. Lastly, I've never heard of Lily Of The Valley having red berries....I've had these growing in my garden for years and I've never seen any berries on them.
I think Tio hit the bell just to provoke a reaction from Gus!

ikeaboy

Post by ikeaboy » Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:51 pm

Walt is going to get so dangerous Jessie will have to take him out at the end of the next series.

Press Enter

Post by Press Enter » Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:36 pm

the malcolm-in-the-middle dude is gonna to-and-fro with his nagging wife for the first few episodes
then him and his dickhead son are gonna paint the house for a few episodes
then his partner dude is gonna say "hey lets cook some meth" cos for some reason malcolm-in-the-middle dude needs money. probably to buy dickhead son a solid gold gimp-gag to shut him the fuck up once and for all.
then the last three episodes are gonna be interesting, cos stuff happens. I don't know what stuff, but stuff will be happening and because the bulk of the season was so torturously fucking slow this stuff is gonna be mindblowingly awesome in comparison and the internet will heave with the burgeoning demand for bandwidth due to the near lightspeed posting of a million fawning, pimple-bottomed bloggers. for a few hours. after the last episode.

OR YOUR MONEY BACK.

DPMachine

Post by DPMachine » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:19 pm

Styles Bitchly wrote:First, the wheelchair bell-switch failing several times before detonating the bomb - this was of course to build suspense, but a guy as meticulous as Walt would've had that circuit positively airtight.
I just remember when Walt was first testing the bomb in his kitchen, he had to press the remote/walkie talkie thing several times before it went off. Maybe he didn't want it to be triggered by accident?? Yeah, I don't know.

Forge.

Post by Forge. » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:54 am

Styles Bitchly wrote: Realistically, nobobdy would've blown that meth lab up until they had squeezed another 3 or 4 cooks out of it at least to make some extra rainy day cash. There was no real heat on Walt or Jesse to do that, and besides...what did they care other than to make sure nobody else got their hands on it - but truthfully, there was nobody left that would even know about that lab except Mike who now of course will become Walt's bitch.
well they knew the DEA were on to that laundry, Hank was obsessing over it right in front of Walts family and was bound to see something eventually. In fact with Gus dead, the DEA will have less to stop them looking over it.

Plus, you'd think Gus would have had some kind of contingency - like when he took out the cartel dudes - there was a real chance he wouldn't come back from that, you'd think he'd have someone lined up to take over in that case.... he had a lot of people working for and with him in different places.....

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:12 am

1. WTF happened with Sklyer's boss? Last I saw he fell and went boom when Saul's goons pulled the rug out from under him.

2. Why haven't the police or DEA gone and raided Jesse's crib? Especially during his epic week long bender parties?

:x

Forge.

Post by Forge. » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:19 am

beats me wrote:1. WTF happened with Sklyer's boss? Last I saw he fell and went boom when Saul's goons pulled the rug out from under him.
I got the impression it was actually implied that he died. In any case he no longer mattered once the cheque was signed.
beats me wrote:2. Why haven't the police or DEA gone and raided Jesse's crib? Especially during his epic week long bender parties?
good point. but did they actually suspect him as a player? Or did they just think he was a low level dealer. I remember Hank mentioning him, but I guess they were more interested in the bigger fish.

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:29 am

Forge. wrote:
beats me wrote:1. WTF happened with Sklyer's boss? Last I saw he fell and went boom when Saul's goons pulled the rug out from under him.
I got the impression it was actually implied that he died. In any case he no longer mattered once the cheque was signed.
beats me wrote:2. Why haven't the police or DEA gone and raided Jesse's crib? Especially during his epic week long bender parties?
good point. but did they actually suspect him as a player? Or did they just think he was a low level dealer. I remember Hank mentioning him, but I guess they were more interested in the bigger fish.
I figure he probably died but it seems like it would be considered under suspicious circumstances, especially with his IRS issues. Maybe that's something they'll tackle next season.

Jesse has been brought up several times by the DEA throughout the show. It seems odd they would remember and bring him up in passing but not make some kind of connection. Then there's always the question of where he gets his money from. I dunno. I think in real life he'd be in jail for something or on surveillance for something bigger.

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:02 am

Yeah.

1. There was an audible neck crack when Skylers ex-boss slipped on the rug and hit his head. Plus there was an earlier scene in the show to set that up. He was set up to have a humerous death for being an idiot.

2. That's for season 5.....unfortunately imo, that can be used to tie up loose ends. I would've liked it if they just had one more episode to finalize they got away clean (I think a good ending for the last episode would be to have Walt have his check-up and the doctor says that his cancer has returned; the look on Walter's face is either "egh, not again" or "/smirk/ Let's have one last adventure before I go" right before end credits, but the show's a cash cow so hopefully it won't be all about Walt trying to cover up his lies with Hank as they try to pin out the truth.
ImageImage

Forge.

Post by Forge. » Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:16 am

shadx312 wrote:Yeah.

1. There was an audible neck crack when Skylers ex-boss slipped on the rug and hit his head. Plus there was an earlier scene in the show to set that up. He was set up to have a humerous death for being an idiot.

2. That's for season 5.....unfortunately imo, that can be used to tie up loose ends. I would've liked it if they just had one more episode to finalize they got away clean (I think a good ending for the last episode would be to have Walt have his check-up and the doctor says that his cancer has returned; the look on Walter's face is either "egh, not again" or "/smirk/ Let's have one last adventure before I go" right before end credits, but the show's a cash cow so hopefully it won't be all about Walt trying to cover up his lies with Hank as they try to pin out the truth.
I guess it's pointless speculating, but I could almost imagine se5 ending up more about the race between Walt and Hank and Walt getting more ruthless and genuinely having to think about killing his own brother in law.....

guess we have to wait a while to find out! ;-)

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:49 am

I'm pessimistic about Se5. I think the last episode was really close to being a good enough ending, so now Gilligan & Co have to draw out another 16 episodes and it could go all over the place. VG is in the position to have to have a whole season to draw something out that is more likely to stain the series than make it any better imo.
ImageImage

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:28 am

Maybe Skyler will learn the weight loss benefits of doing meth. :x

Forge.

Post by Forge. » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:35 pm

shadx312 wrote:I'm pessimistic about Se5. I think the last episode was really close to being a good enough ending, so now Gilligan & Co have to draw out another 16 episodes and it could go all over the place. VG is in the position to have to have a whole season to draw something out that is more likely to stain the series than make it any better imo.
Personally I liked Se4 the best of all of them, so hopefully that trend continues.