Breaking Bad

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
Tarekith

Re: Breaking Bad

Post by Tarekith » Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:01 pm

I don't feel so bad now, every single person I've talked to about the phone call thing didn't get either. But like me they were all "oh, NOW it makes sense". :)

Steve Ballmer

Post by Steve Ballmer » Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:14 pm

I also teach kindergarten.

FFS

:x
"Like what you like, enjoy what you enjoy, don't be afraid to make slurping sounds, and don't take crap from anybody."

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:21 pm

Tarekith wrote:I don't feel so bad now, every single person I've talked to about the phone call thing didn't get either. But like me they were all "oh, NOW it makes sense". :)

Seattle moves and I guess also comprehends at a slower pace. :P

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:33 pm

All that legal weed.

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:24 pm

Starting Sept 25th AMC is going to air every single episode of Breaking Bad up to the finale. 8O

Forge.

Post by Forge. » Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:31 am

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:44 am

Well there's the bow wrapped all neat and tidy. Apart from a few minor niggles and some slow down mid-series, that's a mighty fine volume of work.

I don't mind that that the final show wasn't intense or action packed, I just wanted it to end well and it did very much imo.

https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Goodbye ... ode=photos
ImageImage

Forge.

Post by Forge. » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:39 am

Yeah I wasn't as surprised as I expected. Pretty much went down how I thought. At least Jesse got away

beats me

Post by beats me » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:30 pm

I thought it was a great ending. They pretty much tied up all the loose ends.

SNL did a skit this past weekend where Obama was having citizens come to a podium to say how great Obamacare is and Aaron Paul went up as Jesse Pinkman and explained how a friend of his before Obamacare was just a teacher and couldn’t afford his caner treatment or taking care of his family so he had to start cooking meth. :lol:

Forge.

Post by Forge. » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:00 pm

^well played Pinkman!

Yeah I thought it tied up nicely, just meant it pretty much went down exactly as I expected it to, even down to the ricin in the tea.. although I didn't think of the automated M60, but I knew Jesse was going to strangle Todd with the chains... etc

but then I guess there wasn't much else that could have happened and a lot of clues before

beats me

Post by beats me » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:56 pm

I like how Walt admitted that ultimately he did it for himself and it was something he was really good at. Didn’t see that one coming. But I think it also calls back to past generations. I think there’s a lot of selfishness out there right now and the focus is more on doing things for the individual than for family or any other reason. In a lot of cases what makes you happy can also provide for a family, but if not….fuck ‘em. They’re holding you back. Either divorce the family or bitterly resent them.

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:25 pm

Yeah that's why I think you should make a concerted effort to not start a family until you're ready, but you can't predict the future either...

I was just thinking how cancer was an uncertainty out of his control, but he found something he was able to control, at first just the quality product and his kitchen, and as things got bigger, there were more factors that could get out of his control, but he'd always find a way to come out on top for the most part.

The other thing is the excitement factor. At first Hank is Mr Badass DEA being all cocky about him and his team but then it's Mr. Boring Ol' Chemistry Teacher becoming Top Chef and outsmarting Badass DEA. Right under his nose :lol:

He didn't lose to cancer and he died in his kitchen after taking care of all the loose ends and everyone thinks he was making the best meth the whole time.

So yeah, Being a chemistry teacher living a boring life with family but dying early to cancer vs Master Chef/Evil Genius Kingpin dying early as a legend....take your pick...
ImageImage

trevox

Post by trevox » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:01 pm

Wasn't disappointed at the ending - it pretty much happened as it had to. Was a bit surprised with what happened to the Schwartz's - thought they were gonners for sure. Good to see Badger and Skinny Pete getting a final cameo too.

The scene with the Aryans was well OTT, but it was nice to see them getting wiped out. Jesse strangling Todd reminded me of Princess Leia strangling Jabba!

It could be argued that Walt did win in the end. He didn't die of cancer, he lived longer than he expected and ended up providing more than he first wanted to his family and died a legend of sorts. Liked the way his final conversation with Skyler wasn't overplayed. Would have liked to see Walt Jr. getting knocked down or becoming addicted to his fathers meth or something, but you can't win them all!

Overall, in the top 3 or 4 best drama series in my book - quality stuff.

Muzik 4 Machines

Post by Muzik 4 Machines » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:33 am

this episode was very return of the jedi-y i thought, with the (semi)redemption, the strangling, the ewoks, etc