Breaking Bad

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
Muzik 4 Machines

Re: Breaking Bad

Post by Muzik 4 Machines » Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:21 am

Mint Invader wrote:IMHO if the studio wants to milk this thing for all they have they should have pony'd up and bought season 5 and 6. And not split it a year apart. Because AMC's biggest property is nearing a close.
au contraire, IMOHO, they are building such a big expectation that they will probably break all audience records

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:29 am

I tried watching Weeds but couldn't get through the first fucking ep. Friends seem to love it, but I was bored out of my skull.

Mary-Louise Parker is sexy as hell and no doubt has a massive bush, but for me the show was DOA.

Just sayin.

:x
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:50 pm

I'm glad we got this break. It gives whatshisname plenty of time to craft the perfect ending for Walt to get away fresh and clean, maybe even convince Hank to the point of bribery. Walt can have a way with words and make a good point so I'd love to see him bend things to his will one last time. Or the writing could be shit and whatshisname will have to live with the biggest failure of his life. Exciting!
ImageImage

beats me

Post by beats me » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:40 pm

LoopStationZebra wrote:I tried watching Weeds but couldn't get through the first fucking ep. Friends seem to love it, but I was bored out of my skull.

Mary-Louise Parker is sexy as hell and no doubt has a massive bush, but for me the show was DOA.

Just sayin.

Since we’re going OT here while we wait for the return of Breaking Bad, I’ve been checking out Hell on Wheels now in the middle of its second season. It takes place in immediate post Civil War US in the north and follows the building of the railroad westward. It’s decent, not a ton of “holy shit!” moments but it’s watchable.

Kind of disturbing to realize we were still massacring and relocating Native Americans not that long ago into the early 20th century. You want to think it was hundreds of years ago, but nope. That time period was also a hotbed of white on white racism, at least we narrowed it down to different colors which makes it a lot easier now. :x

simmerdown

Post by simmerdown » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:50 pm

Hell on Wheels is great...same for the Killing

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:34 pm

Been a massive fan of Hell on Wheels since the beginning. This season so far has been STELLAR.

The Killing? I liked it, but ffs they sure dragged that shit out.

Indians?

a. We won.
b. They lost.
c. Shit happens.

When the Chinese take over it will be the same for us. Shit happens.

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:36 pm

Oh, and THE SWEDE FTW.

:x :x :x

beats me

Post by beats me » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:42 pm

LoopStationZebra wrote:Been a massive fan of Hell on Wheels since the beginning. This season so far has been STELLAR.

The Killing? I liked it, but ffs they sure dragged that shit out.

Indians?

a. We won.
b. They lost.
c. Shit happens.

When the Chinese take over it will be the same for us. Shit happens.

Right now we’re China’s Mexico. They’re scooping up property with their pocket change while feeling we should at least learn some basic Mandarin.

I'm only a little over half way through season 1 of Hell on Wheels.

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:54 pm

beats me wrote: Right now we’re China’s Mexico. They’re scooping up property with their pocket change while feeling we should at least learn some basic Mandarin.

I'm only a little over half way through season 1 of Hell on Wheels.

They'll be invading soon enough. Just wait.

Hell on Wheels just keeps getting better and better. You'll be in for a fun ride.

beats me

Post by beats me » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:41 am

Forge.

Post by Forge. » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:25 am

LoopStationZebra wrote: When the Chinese take over it will be the same for us. Shit happens.

except they don't really have a history of invading others like the US does. ;-)

beats me

Post by beats me » Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:44 pm

Let’s not forget Boardwalk Empire is back. Gyp Rosetti is an unstable hothead in the classical Joe Pesci tradition. Riveting every time he’s on screen.

simmerdown

Post by simmerdown » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:14 pm

china will never invade the US, we're armed to the fucking teeth...they would need 100 million troops

beats me

Post by beats me » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:45 pm

simmerdown wrote:china will never invade the US, we're armed to the fucking teeth...they would need 100 million troops

So they would only have to send over half their military?

simmerdown

Post by simmerdown » Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:00 pm

how long do think that would take?...by ship would be the only way...we'd blow them to shit before they made hawaii...unless they had help from aliens, then we're in throuble....