They've Done It Again: Apple has BEST. QUARTER. EVER.

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
LoopStationZebra

They've Done It Again: Apple has BEST. QUARTER. EVER.

Post by LoopStationZebra » Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:22 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Booming Mac sales drive Apple's best-ever quarter

http://money.cnn.com/2010/07/20/technol ... htm?hpt=T2

"We've launched our revolutionary new iPad and users are loving it, and we have several more extraordinary products in the pipeline for this year," Apple CEO Steve Jobs said in a prepared statement.

I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

mikemc

Re: They've Done It Again: Apple has BEST. QUARTER. EVER.

Post by mikemc » Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:50 am

bfd, when does Steve Jobs ever say anything not in a prepared statement?
UTENZIL a tool... of the muse.

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:42 am

Whenever he purchases a new company that offers a technology that Apple needs, there's an informal signing ceremony that takes place. After the ceremony concludes, he will berate the chumps that sold out for a mere pittance.

This berating can go on for as long as 20min, is usually done off the cuff without the benefit of a prepared statement, and leaves the victims weeping like little girls.

True story, that.

mikemc

Post by mikemc » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:42 am

LoopStationZebra wrote:True story, that.

how is it that nobody shoots him at that point?

oh, wait, I know:

it just...
UTENZIL a tool... of the muse.

djsynchro

Post by djsynchro » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:11 am

...works

crofter

Post by crofter » Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:29 pm

Just proves how many tossers there are in the world
Core2 quad q660, 4gig ram, Win 7 home premium SP1.
P4 2.8 ghz, Gigabyte GA- 81E2004P, 1.5 gig ram,XP Home, SP3.
dual core pentium laptop 2 gig ram Win 8.
MOTU 8Pre,Tascam FW-1804,Zoom R16, Ableton live 8.4
Cubase 7

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:55 pm

crofter wrote:Just proves how many people there are in the world with discriminating tastes.
fixie wixie poo!

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:58 pm

It doesn't get any better than this. Until Apple's next announcement.

Emissary

Post by Emissary » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:50 pm

i'd like to see how far apple could push their zealots, at what point does something stop being revolutionary and become stupid. I have this funny feeling that when the singularity comes in a few years it will be the apple zealots who go skipping and waving first into a world of decisions being made for them with regards to every detail of their lives. The singularity approaches and its going to be a hoot when the CMEs hit in a few years.

dum

Post by dum » Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:23 pm

Emissary wrote:i'd like to see how far apple could push their zealots, at what point does something stop being revolutionary and become stupid. I have this funny feeling that when the singularity comes in a few years it will be the apple zealots who go skipping and waving first into a world of decisions being made for them with regards to every detail of their lives. The singularity approaches and its going to be a hoot when the CMEs hit in a few years.

/unsubscribe
Pasha wrote:Thanks dum for being so precise.

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:23 pm

Emissary wrote:i'd like to see how far apple could push their zealots, at what point does something stop being revolutionary and become stupid. I have this funny feeling that when the singularity comes in a few years it will be the apple zealots who go skipping and waving first into a world of decisions being made for them with regards to every detail of their lives. The singularity approaches and its going to be a hoot when the CMEs hit in a few years.
More genius on Apple's part. They make the brain, if you will, and let third party developers and manufactures come up with the crap people point at and go "WTF?" while Apple can stand back and go "don't look at us", like the iPod leather recliner and iPod toilet paper dispenser. <-those do exist.

dhilsabeck

Post by dhilsabeck » Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:51 pm

beats me wrote: the iPod leather recliner and iPod toilet paper dispenser. <-those do exist.
The leather recliner seems a bit excessive however I think the tp dispenser has some potential. Sincerely.

leedsquietman

Post by leedsquietman » Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:57 pm

These reports are great for Apple but they come before the disenchantment of the crap with the iphone 4 and it's antenna fault - Apple of course deny any problems, but they are now giving out a free 'rubber band' device to fit over the problem area, although some iPhone users would rather the phone not work than have an ugly appendage strapped to their aesthetically pure device ! It just doesn't work - without a crass fix ... Then again, Apple could release a piece of brushed aluminum with their logo on it that did nothing, charge $250 for it, and still sell it in droves.
http://soundcloud.com/umbriel-rising http://www.myspace.com/leedsquietmandemos Live 7.0.18 SUITE, Cubase 5.5.2], Soundforge 9, Dell XPS M1530, 2.2 Ghz C2D, 4GB, Vista Ult SP2, legit plugins a plenty, Alesis IO14.

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:03 pm

leedsquietman wrote: Then again, Apple could release a piece of brushed aluminum with their logo on it that did nothing, charge $250 for it, and still sell it in droves.
Then, immediately after, all the imitators will announce their piece of brushed aluminum, show it off at a couple of trade shows, then announce that the project has been cancelled due to any number of reasons - which all amount to the fact that they have *again* failed to capture the Apple Magic.

:P

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:22 pm

LoopStationZebra wrote:
leedsquietman wrote: Then again, Apple could release a piece of brushed aluminum with their logo on it that did nothing, charge $250 for it, and still sell it in droves.
Then, immediately after, all the imitators will announce their piece of brushed aluminum, show it off at a couple of trade shows, then announce that the project has been cancelled due to any number of reasons - which all amount to the fact that they have *again* failed to capture the Apple Magic.

:P
Not to mention their piece of brushed aluminum would in fact be a piece of cardboard layered with silver dust Bondo.

Truth can be fun.