Lol can't release a Daft Punk mix...

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
Mint Invader

Lol can't release a Daft Punk mix...

Post by Mint Invader » Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:45 pm

Untill licenced for 50 grand.

So if you go to my soundcloud, free downloads on 2099 and Daft Munk.

Stick it to the man... for me... if you like.. it. :D
Because Whatever.

beats me

Re: Lol can't release a Daft Punk mix...

Post by beats me » Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:00 pm

You appeared on their radar?

Always find it funny when you aren't allowed to sample albums that are made of samples of other artists.

leedsquietman

Post by leedsquietman » Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:45 pm

True.

Although their label probably cleared (compensated) for the samples they used (and if they didn`t they risk being sued and taken to court).

I see the irony though - and what helped DP and a lot of these bands get signed in the first place - probably a ton of samples and remixes which were not cleared ...

Many labels employ glorified tea-boys, when they`re not making tea or bending over for the label boss to shaft, to trawl through the internet looking for ìllegal use of their artist`s work, on Youtube or audio samples. These poor buggers often have to deal with the `fan club mail and pretend to be the artist making up blogs and fixing Myspace pages etc.
http://soundcloud.com/umbriel-rising http://www.myspace.com/leedsquietmandemos Live 7.0.18 SUITE, Cubase 5.5.2], Soundforge 9, Dell XPS M1530, 2.2 Ghz C2D, 4GB, Vista Ult SP2, legit plugins a plenty, Alesis IO14.

ChiDJ

Post by ChiDJ » Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:27 pm

Mint

Get off the remix tip and create something awesome and original. Remixes of already awesome songs are like training wheels on your bicycle. Ride Baby! Ride!
"Let you're body feel the sound! Let it cover you up and down!"

Mint Invader

Post by Mint Invader » Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:55 pm

ChiDJ wrote:Mint

Get off the remix tip and create something awesome and original. Remixes of already awesome songs are like training wheels on your bicycle. Ride Baby! Ride!
Haha. I've been remixing the last month as a series of... exercises. Im working on some originals. Just needs some time :D
Because Whatever.