Road rage

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
Rave

Road rage

Post by Rave » Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:27 pm

Living in France poses numerous dangers on the road as they drive like idiots. I don't however get angry when I get cutup I just get even and lol when they lose it.

For example
When a guy drives up my arse I will slow down to a snails pace and watch them go nuts if they ignore my polite request to back away. Again, I just smile.

The reality is I have been hit twice and have a long term whiplash injury so this is just a defensive move now so I feel justified. Plus it is funny watching them go mental. I have even stopped in the road at a place where they can't pass me by just to teach them a lesson. I have even witnessed them get out of their cars and kick it when I drive away in the knowledge I owned them. IMO they shouldn't be in such a rush to risk other people lives.

What do u do?

ps. I should add that this applies to drivers in the South of France. On the west coast they are much better.

stringtapper

Re: Road rage

Post by stringtapper » Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:34 pm

Unsound Designer

Rave

Post by Rave » Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:36 pm

PMSL :lol: I love shit like that

trevorc

Post by trevorc » Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:18 pm

i lived in aix-en-provence for a while, noticed that my neighbours had beat up old tin cans for driving like arseholes during the week and shiny clean vanity models for taking the family out at the weekend.

here in spain the bigger the car the bigger the arsehole is a good rule of thumb. the driving's worse than france :)

Rave

Post by Rave » Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:22 pm

trevorc wrote:i lived in aix-en-provence for a while, noticed that my neighbours had beat up old tin cans for driving like arseholes during the week and shiny clean vanity models for taking the family out at the weekend.

here in spain the bigger the car the bigger the arsehole is a good rule of thumb. the driving's worse than france :)
Haha that's bad. Aix is only down the road too even if it ain't in the cote d'azur

memes_33

Post by memes_33 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:27 pm

i only pull that shit if the guy behind me can get around me. i live in san francisco, where (most) people know how to drive, which means the left lane is for passing and the right lanes are for whatever else people do while they drive.

it is much more dangerous to have cars going different speeds on the same road than everyone driving fast as shit. that being said, if some guy is up my ass and he has plenty of space to go around me, that's when i'll take my foot off of the accelerator until they pass. but if i am in the left lane and the guy in front of me is going slower that i would like to go with no one ahead of him (i.e. - he's the pace-setter for the lane), i won't hesitate to ride their ass to let them know that i want to pass as we are in the passing lane. yeah, dick move, but it works most of the time.

my biggest pet peeve in the world is people not realizing the left lane is the "passing lane". it even says on the highway "Slower Traffic Keep Right"
Hip-Hop, Breakbeat, Glitch, IDM, Dub, & Mashups! Go to:
http://memes.bandcamp.com
http://www.soundcloud.com/memes_33

trevorc

Post by trevorc » Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:38 pm

i see more crashes in a fortnight here than i used to see in 5 years in the uk. the same crash happens 3 times a week at the corner outside my house, and that's just when i'm at home :lol:

the first few weeks i was in spain i saw 3 lanes of busy traffic clear a lane for an ambulance with its siren on, then some guy decided he'd nip out before the ambulance and take advantage of the clear lane 8O

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:27 pm

My biggest peeve is assholes lane surfing in crowded traffic like it's NASCAR and gaining zero ground because of the amount of cars on the road. I had a guy the other day pass me 3 times doing this. I have no idea how he got behind me 3 times but obviously his style of driving wasn't giving him an advantage. But I believe these assholes aren't really looking to get somewhere in record time. They just enjoy the lane challenge.

Second peeve is people trying to instantly shoot over to the carpool lane at all costs, both when I see other people doing that or when I'm a passenger in a car doing it. It doesn't even matter if the carpool lane is the slowest moving of the spread, they just have to get there NOW.

Lastly, when you have 2 lanes that are going to merge but it's over a long stretch, the asshats that feel they need to merge over long before they have to into slow moving traffic leaving about 200 yards of open lane in front of them and causing traffic to come to a standstill behind them.

I mostly just handle these situations with a passive aggressive "FFS!" and then find a better tune to listen to.

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:10 pm

In Dallas, there isn't any road rage. Only guns.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:18 pm

It was hard moving from Chicago to Seattle when it came to driving. People in Chicago drive FAST, everyone's always driving 15 over the limit it seems like. In Seattle, people have more of a "ahh, we'll get there eventually..." mindset. People drive so SLOW. Took me awhile to not get upset over it when I was in a hurry to get somewhere. My wife still isn't used to it, she gets so mad at people in her way :)

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:21 pm

nebulae wrote:In Dallas, there isn't any road rage. Only guns.
Confirmed.
Unsound Designer

memes_33

Post by memes_33 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:23 pm

Tarekith wrote:It was hard moving from Chicago to Seattle when it came to driving. People in Chicago drive FAST, everyone's always driving 15 over the limit it seems like. In Seattle, people have more of a "ahh, we'll get there eventually..." mindset. People drive so SLOW. Took me awhile to not get upset over it when I was in a hurry to get somewhere. My wife still isn't used to it, she gets so mad at people in her way :)
yeah WA drivers are the worst drivers in the US period.
Hip-Hop, Breakbeat, Glitch, IDM, Dub, & Mashups! Go to:
http://memes.bandcamp.com
http://www.soundcloud.com/memes_33

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:29 pm

Facts found on the intenet according to one source

http://www.walletpop.com/blog/2010/05/2 ... -by-state/

(Ranked in order of worst drivers by state to best drivers by state) Scoring is from 1 to 100 on a 20 question test.

1. (WORST) New York - 70.0
2. New Jersey - 70.5
3. Dist. of Columbia - 71.9
4. California - 73.3
5. Rhode Island - 73.8
6. Louisiana - 74.1
7. West Virginia - 74.8
7. Hawaii - 74.8
9. New Hampshire - 74.9
9. Kentucky - 74.9
11. Florida - 75.2
12. Mississippi - 75.6
13. Pennsylvania - 75.8
13. Massachusetts - 75.8
15. North Carolina - 75.9
15. Arkansas - 75.9
17. Texas - 76.0
18. Connecticut - 76.3
19. Illinois - 76.6
20. Georgia - 76.7
21. Alabama - 77.1
22. South Carolina - 77.2
23. New Mexico - 77.3
24. Virginia - 77.5
24. Ohio - 77.5
26. Maine - 77.6
26. Delaware - 77.6
28. Colorado - 77.8
29. Utah- 77.9
30. Vermont - 78.1
30. Nevada - 78.1
32. Maryland - 78.2
33. Tennessee - 78.3
34. Wyoming - 78.4
35. Arizona - 78.5
36. Missouri - 78.8
37. Michigan - 79.0
38. North Dakota - 79.1
39. Oklahoma - 79.3
40. Wisconsin - 79.4
40. Washington - 79.4
42. Alaska - 79.8
43. Montana - 80.0
44. Idaho - 80.1
45. Indiana - 80.4
46. Nebraska - 80.5
47. Iowa - 80.8
48. Minnesota - 81.1
49. South Dakota - 81.2
50. Oregon - 82.1
51. (BEST) Kansas 82.3

I think nobody can argue against Kansas having the best drivers in the states, utter pleasure to drive with and around. You can argue the rest of the results.

mikemc

Post by mikemc » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:39 pm

:D Well, sure, Kansas is completely flat and most of the highways completely straight. You could die at the wheel on the highway and still be a good driver.

New York drivers are not so bad, really, they are very predictably selfish and opportunistic.

Best drivers live in New Jersey, worst drivers drive *thru* New Jersey.

DC is worse than New Jersey: people seem to have some kind of deep seated issues about using a turn signal, as if letting you know that they plan to turn gives you some kind of upper hand, somewhat the same in Maryland, although not quite as cutthroat.

Meanwhile, the state sport of Virginia is tail gating.
stringtapper wrote:
nebulae wrote:In Dallas, there isn't any road rage. Only guns.
Confirmed.
I lived in Dallas, this was a while ago, but the most dangerous animal on the road is the helmet-haired-middle-aged-woman piloted luxury car.

When entering or exiting the highway, they own all lanes of the road they are coming onto, all the way across and 150 yards behind. Conversely, if you are entering onto the highway, they give no quarter: if in the right lane of [edit] THEIR highway you are entering onto, they will speed up and run you off the road to avoid your merging in ahead of them.

Plus, pretty much everyone seemed to be incapable of driving in the least amount of snow or even rain.
Last edited by mikemc on Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UTENZIL a tool... of the muse.

Emissary

Post by Emissary » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:41 pm

just got back from a trip to Bath here in the UK, i got a driver behind me right up my arse flashing their lights because she wanted to go faster than the speed limit, she sat behind me for an hour flashing and moaning, I slowed down just to watch her get pissed off even more. We finally got to stretch where she overtook me and we then immediately hit a traffic jam I sat behind her in the traffic jam for over an hour beeping and flashing my lights at her whilst laughing my tits off, she kept stalling in panic and i would just wack the horn down and watch the fear on her silly face. I love Karma.