I SELL MY SUITE

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
H20nly

Re: I SELL MY SUITE

Post by H20nly » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:23 pm

no really. it never crashes. Live has crashed on me more in one day than that app has in 7 years (with free upgrades). granted, i hardly ever use it anymore, but when i do...

it just works (tm)
LoopStationZebra wrote:it's like a hipster commie pinko manifesto. Rambling. Angry. Nearly divorced from all reality; yet strangely compelling with a ring of truth.

djsynchro

Post by djsynchro » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:08 pm

H20nly wrote:it just works (tm)
I'd rather Reaper than use frootyloops (if FL meant FukyooLongtime it would be OK but that name is just WRONG)
Live has be come bloatware million of things you can do except work with it fast and stable.
Reaper has dockable windows and on my machine opens in 1 second I kid you not!
Why does Live have to scamn all your VSts every time? Reaper does it once, and then if you change something you
do a rescan manually Duh!

So If you have the same stable set of VSTs all the friggin time (Like me) you don't have to sit there for minutes
while Live scans them AGAIN! After crashing AGAIN!

[/rant]

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:19 am

^ you say its because the name is fruity loops... well at least it delivers (loops) as advertised. I'm with you on this. Thats the only reason I mention it. We got a female vocalist in the fold lately... I'm trying to cra... <crash> I'm trying to crank <crash> I'm trying to crank out <crash> *says fuck it and fires up FL Studio* I'm trying to crank out some beats fast... when I need drums, I need drums gawdammit - not reboots, rescans and reloads. All I needed Live to do was sit there and loop a drum pattern. her voice, my bass, my voice... we had the rest on lock.

kick, snare, kick kick, snare, hat... :roll:

[/agreeing head nodding add-on rant]
LoopStationZebra wrote:it's like a hipster commie pinko manifesto. Rambling. Angry. Nearly divorced from all reality; yet strangely compelling with a ring of truth.

djsynchro

Post by djsynchro » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:23 am

Actually my Live doesn't crash but it does loose the launchpad frequently so sometimes I just restart or if I forgot to switch the BCF on before I started Live I restart. I have it running stable which is no coincidence because i have built a seperate computer as a DAW. Now that I have started to use it for video editing the situation is worsening the video programs don't like all the controllers :(

anyhow... Reaper holy shit that thing is fast it's better code, less bloat (fits on a memory stick) I found a great skin which makes it look like a future version of Live you can see the mixer in the dock under arrange if you want, you can tear the mixer off (or the midi edit) and put on a second monitor... many many good things dang I hate learning new programs, is the only thing.

djsynchro

Post by djsynchro » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:00 am