Pakistan is drowning... and nobody cares?

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
#1thelark

Pakistan is drowning... and nobody cares?

Post by #1thelark » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:55 am

Seems like there's so much suffering and so little willingness:

"One week after launching its appeal for the Haiti earthquake in January, the Humanitarian Coalition in Canada had raised $3.5 million.

Now, a week after a similar campaign for the devastating floods in Pakistan, the coalition has received only $200,000 in public donations."
http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2010/08/1 ... rtage.html

"Up to 3.5 million children are at high risk from deadly water-borne diseases in flood-stricken Pakistan, the UN warned yesterday."

http://www1.voanews.com/english/news/UN ... 82794.html

I don't think they will send the money to Pakistan directly...
I mean they don't need dollars they need food, medicine, clean water, etc...
It's so sad that people hesitate because they fear to support terrorists.

dum

Re: Pakistan is drowning... and nobody cares?

Post by dum » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:14 am

nobody cares ?
what a jerk-off premise to a jerk-off thread.

Even Cunstralia have pledged $35 million.
Pasha wrote:Thanks dum for being so precise.

Emissary

Post by Emissary » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:17 am

i certainly don't

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:18 am

*insert $5 donation here*
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

leedsquietman

Post by leedsquietman » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:26 am

The Canadian gvt has also pledged 35 million. Yes, it only pledged a couple of million immediately, but after taking stock of the continual damage and human suffering, upped the figure to 35 mil.

Canada is suffering economically like many countries. I can't pledge money either while I am unemployed (for almost a year now) and can't even afford a pint of milk for myself.

For Haiti, I donated a song to a collective of musicians from cubase.net, which has gone on to raise $825 to date. http://haiti.bandcamp.com/album/stand-with-haiti track#4 is my donation.

A bit of a sweeping generalization that people don't care - if I had money to give, I certainly would. Fund raising here has stepped up a gear or two since the shock of the first couple of days, and I'm sure that in the end, a lot of money will be raised.
http://soundcloud.com/umbriel-rising http://www.myspace.com/leedsquietmandemos Live 7.0.18 SUITE, Cubase 5.5.2], Soundforge 9, Dell XPS M1530, 2.2 Ghz C2D, 4GB, Vista Ult SP2, legit plugins a plenty, Alesis IO14.

dum

Post by dum » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:32 am

leedsquietman wrote:For Haiti, I donated a song to a collective of musicians from cubase.net, which has gone on to raise $825 to date. http://haiti.bandcamp.com/album/stand-with-haiti track#4 is my donation.
no idea what the music is like, but yes it's a wonderful initiative. kudos.
Pasha wrote:Thanks dum for being so precise.

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:03 pm

"Hey, let's get a new coat of paint on those warheads!"

"But sir, the people are suffering!"

"FUCK THEM. PAINT. NOW."

:lol:
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

Emissary

Post by Emissary » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:42 pm

Sending money to poor nations is like sending radioactive food to the people of chernobyl. dumb as fuck

caaflex

Post by caaflex » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:58 pm

One of the main reasons you aren't seeing 'aid' being rushed into Pakistan with this situation is because of how corrupt their government is. Countries and charities are hesitant to donate large sums of money out of fear that it will never get to the victims and actually help. There are cases where millions have been donated before and not a single dollar ever reached the victims. Another issue is how difficult it is to get to where the victims are, it makes it hard for organizations to do more than just donate money.

It's a sad and awful situation that may not get any better any time soon.

john gordon

Post by john gordon » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:00 pm

Mother nature has decided we have way too many people on her planet and she needs to do something about it. She won't be ending her wrath in Pakistan either,you just wait and see...

squelcht

Post by squelcht » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:45 am

john gordon wrote:Mother nature has decided we have way too many people on her planet and she needs to do something about it. She won't be ending her wrath in Pakistan either,you just wait and see...
this

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:38 am

caaflex wrote:One of the main reasons you aren't seeing 'aid' being rushed into Pakistan with this situation is because of how corrupt their government is. Countries and charities are hesitant to donate large sums of money out of fear that it will never get to the victims and actually help. There are cases where millions have been donated before and not a single dollar ever reached the victims. Another issue is how difficult it is to get to where the victims are, it makes it hard for organizations to do more than just donate money.

It's a sad and awful situation that may not get any better any time soon.
The United States has given them so much fucking money it makes the bail outs look reasonable. I don't like to see people suffer, but as far as loot is concerned, maybe they should have saved some for a rainy day... one where it isn't raining dollar bills that is.

@ leeds 8) mang. sounds like an album you'd get at Starbuck's. I know that doesn't sound like a compliment, but in this vein I mean it as one. Its not like dubstep, house or the potpourri me and my peeps make is gonna do better and a good cause is a good cause. I'd be more apt to donate in this fashion than mail a check to oblivion.
Last edited by H20nly on Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
LoopStationZebra wrote:it's like a hipster commie pinko manifesto. Rambling. Angry. Nearly divorced from all reality; yet strangely compelling with a ring of truth.

Bleep Blop Ima Robot

Post by Bleep Blop Ima Robot » Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:54 am

john gordon wrote:Mother nature has decided we have way too many people on her planet and she needs to do something about it. She won't be ending her wrath in Pakistan either,you just wait and see...
Population control :twisted:
::Mac Book Pro 2.4 GHz 4 GB:: ::Ableton Suite 8:: ::NI Massive:: ::NI Maschine:: ::NI FM8:: ::NI Audio 4 DJ:: .::.Akai APC40.::. .::.LaunchPad.::. .::.Nocturn 49.::. .::.Akai MPK25.::. .::.BCR2000.::. ::KRK R5's::
::M30 Reverb:: ::SampleMoog::

nuperspective
Location: was: accrington [england]. now: melbourne [australia]

Post by nuperspective » Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:17 am

dont you read the news - they are building a mosque two blocks from ground zero! two blocks!!

right now nothing else matters.

plantaginate

Post by plantaginate » Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:48 am

i heard it's gods way of punishing them for harboring infidels,
can anyone confirm this?
abes?