Barebones Alternative to Live?

Discussion of anything not related to audio or music production
palSLAPS
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:15 am

Re: Barebones Alternative to Live?

Post by palSLAPS » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:26 pm

Stating reasons why Garageband isn't what he wants provides very little value to the thread. The fact that you flamed back shows you weren't genuinely trying to help him in the first place.

You have lost child.

Image

auto-lock
Posts: 555
Joined: Mon May 08, 2006 8:23 pm
Location: x0,y0,z0 (AKA the center of the universe)

Re: Barebones Alternative to Live?

Post by auto-lock » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:28 pm

palSLAPS wrote:Stating reasons why Garageband isn't what he wants provides very little value to the thread. The fact that you flamed back shows you weren't genuinely trying to help him in the first place.

You have lost child.

Image
you have been stupid listed :mrgreen:

#2, congrats

Dum is right you are wrong.

it seems the forum doesnt not act as a sexual stimulant for you and you are sexually frustrated and your music sux

palSLAPS
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:15 am

Re: Barebones Alternative to Live?

Post by palSLAPS » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:32 pm

auto-lock wrote:you have been stupid listed :mrgreen:
You must not make any music at all.

auto-lock
Posts: 555
Joined: Mon May 08, 2006 8:23 pm
Location: x0,y0,z0 (AKA the center of the universe)

Re: Barebones Alternative to Live?

Post by auto-lock » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:34 pm

palSLAPS wrote:
auto-lock wrote:you have been stupid listed :mrgreen:
You must not make any music at all.
You must not have psychic powers at all. :mrgreen:

palSLAPS
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:15 am

Re: Barebones Alternative to Live?

Post by palSLAPS » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:35 pm

auto-lock wrote:
palSLAPS wrote:
auto-lock wrote:you have been stupid listed :mrgreen:
You must not have psychic powers at all. :mrgreen:
You must not make any music at all.
*Psychic*

stringtapper
Posts: 6272
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2004 6:21 pm

Re: Barebones Alternative to Live?

Post by stringtapper » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:41 pm

palSLAPS wrote:Stating reasons why Garageband isn't what he wants provides very little value to the thread.
The OP's requirements were:
jonathono2000 wrote:I don't need a million instruments and serious production capabilities just something bare bones to mess around in. Of course I want to be able to save the midi files and take them home and put them into live.
Garageband fits those requirements, so for the OP to say "anything but Garageband" means they left something out of their initial post (i.e. they have more criteria than they initially let on). Their reasons for not wanting GB could be totally legit, something they don't like about the workflow, etc. But what if other DAW suggestions that might have come later had those same kinds of elements that the OP doesn't like? For instance, Logic Express shares many elements with Garageband.
palSLAPS wrote:The fact that you flamed back shows you weren't genuinely trying to help him in the first place.
Correlation does not equal causation.
Unsound Designer

palSLAPS
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:15 am

Re: Barebones Alternative to Live?

Post by palSLAPS » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:44 pm

However, douchebagation equals douchebagation.

Cryptic UK
Posts: 1505
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2005 11:51 pm

Re: Barebones Alternative to Live?

Post by Cryptic UK » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:49 pm

Pissflaps :lol:
Drums

dum
Posts: 2678
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:51 pm

Re: Barebones Alternative to Live?

Post by dum » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:56 pm

pissFLAPS wrote:Stating reasons why Garageband isn't what he wants provides very little value to the thread.
Wrong. The thread is without value to begin with. Somehow johnathomo2000 managed to make it worth even less by having a fit when asked a pretty simple question. If he answered the question plainly it would have [a] helped him added value to the thread for other readers.
The fact that you flamed back shows you weren't genuinely trying to help him in the first place.


On the contrary, I put it to you that the OP didn't genuinely want help when he made the query in the first place.
Before I flamed him back I even dignified his 'why do you care?' bullshit with a meaningful response.
And I flamed him back simply because it was suitable to do so.



You have lost child.


I couldn't possibly lose to anyone who says things like that.
Pasha wrote:Thanks dum for being so precise.

palSLAPS
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:15 am

Re: Barebones Alternative to Live?

Post by palSLAPS » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:17 pm

dum wrote:
pissFLAPS wrote:Stating reasons why Garageband isn't what he wants provides very little value to the thread.
Wrong. The thread is without value to begin with. Somehow johnathomo2000 managed to make it worth even less by having a fit when asked a pretty simple question. If he answered the question plainly it would have [a] helped him added value to the thread for other readers.


You said I was wrong then contradicted yourself.

dum wrote:Before I flamed him back I even dignified his 'why do you care?' bullshit with a meaningful response.
And I flamed him back simply because it was suitable to do so.


The "why" is not important as you claim it to be. And flaming is never suitable.

dum
Posts: 2678
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:51 pm

Re: Barebones Alternative to Live?

Post by dum » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:37 pm

No I didn't & Yes it is.
Pasha wrote:Thanks dum for being so precise.

Mint Invader
Posts: 1508
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 2:37 pm

Re: Barebones Alternative to Live?

Post by Mint Invader » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:47 pm

Cryptic UK wrote:Pissflaps :lol:
Lmao... A tad childish. But I l :lol:
Because Whatever.

palSLAPS
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:15 am

Re: Barebones Alternative to Live?

Post by palSLAPS » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:53 pm

dum wrote:No I didn't & Yes it is.
Wrong.

dum
Posts: 2678
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:51 pm

Re: Barebones Alternative to Live?

Post by dum » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:21 pm

enough foreplay,
just make with the sucky sucky and we can wrap this up.
Pasha wrote:Thanks dum for being so precise.

davepermen
Posts: 2198
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:38 pm
Location: Switzerland
Contact:

Re: Barebones Alternative to Live?

Post by davepermen » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:46 pm

install live without the libraries?
http://davepermen.net my tiny webpage, including link to bandcamp.

Post Reply