Iphone OS4.1

Discussion of anything not related to audio or music production
djsynchro
Posts: 7471
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:06 pm
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Contact:

Re: Iphone OS4.1

Post by djsynchro » Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:13 pm

because...

Hidden Driveways
Posts: 1977
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2006 8:13 pm
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Contact:

Re: Iphone OS4.1

Post by Hidden Driveways » Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:41 pm

I have the 3Gs and my girl has the 3G. I can absolutely confirm that the 3G is a slow, sad bastard these days:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ja1zABBH95w

The 3Gs kicks butt. I'm really glad that it just works. The 3G, not so m-much.

nebulae
Posts: 15707
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2004 12:16 am
Location: New Orleans
Contact:

Re: Iphone OS4.1

Post by nebulae » Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:55 pm

^I'm coming up on two years on my 3g. I'll keep it a bit longer because I don't need to spend money on a new phone. At the time I got it, it was the one device that had everything I needed. Now, there are so many Android options. Anyways, it just makes sense to keep it on OS3 until I get an android.
Image Image Image Image

Emissary
Posts: 2431
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2004 11:27 am

Re: Iphone OS4.1

Post by Emissary » Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:37 pm

I upgraded my nokia 3210's firmware the other day, the black and white display is now more vibrant. Also the vibrate has a new setting, Although calls seem to have a much longer delay so i'm not sure if i should downgrade. hmmm

djsynchro
Posts: 7471
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:06 pm
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Contact:

Re: Iphone OS4.1

Post by djsynchro » Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:59 am

djsynchro wrote:because...
It just works.

djsynchro
Posts: 7471
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:06 pm
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Contact:

Re: Iphone OS4.1

Post by djsynchro » Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:59 am

djsynchro wrote:
djsynchro wrote:because...
It just works.
this

UKRuss
Posts: 5044
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:32 am

Re: Iphone OS4.1

Post by UKRuss » Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:10 am

Android. The serious option for those who want to spend a lot of time wishing they had an iPhone.

Reminds of the guy at work who always had these godawful Creative Zen mp3 players, when it was clear he wanted an iPod but his ego wouldn't allow. :lol:

Neb doth protest too much, buy the Apple stuff you want, 'come out', don't be a latent!
:D

hadrabap
Posts: 71
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:47 pm

Re: Iphone OS4.1

Post by hadrabap » Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:14 am

nebulae wrote:
djsynchro wrote:
nebulae wrote: an unusable iphone 3g running OS4
It just works.
this?
that.

nebulae
Posts: 15707
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2004 12:16 am
Location: New Orleans
Contact:

Re: Iphone OS4.1

Post by nebulae » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:58 am

UKRuss wrote:Android. The serious option for those who want to spend a lot of time wishing they had an iPhone.

Reminds of the guy at work who always had these godawful Creative Zen mp3 players, when it was clear he wanted an iPod but his ego wouldn't allow. :lol:

Neb doth protest too much, buy the Apple stuff you want, 'come out', don't be a latent!
:D
:lol:

I've loved my Creative Zen for years. Love it every single time Mrs. Neb complains about what a PITA her iPod is. Hahahhaa
Image Image Image Image

Hidden Driveways
Posts: 1977
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2006 8:13 pm
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Contact:

Re: Iphone OS4.1

Post by Hidden Driveways » Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:47 pm

nebulae wrote:^I'm coming up on two years on my 3g. I'll keep it a bit longer because I don't need to spend money on a new phone. At the time I got it, it was the one device that had everything I needed. Now, there are so many Android options. Anyways, it just makes sense to keep it on OS3 until I get an android.
I'm out of contract now. The latest Android offering are kind of cool. I was messing around with my friend's EVO 4G the other day. THat thing is pretty cool. There was a bunch of people from my work hanging out at a bar the other night (no Hassids) and we were all comparing phones. I did notice that the Android people had a little trouble now and again. One guy couldn't figure out how to make the digital camera on his Android phone zoom out, so he just took extreme close up pics all night. Other Android users would be doing something and be interrupted by dialog boxes or random errors.

I was going to try to boycott Google because of their pending deal with Verizon, but it's too difficult. I'm addicted to their web apps. I may pony up and get an Android too. But even after playing with their top shelf phones I'm not convinced. Apple is all about a good user experience. These other things seem to be all about feature glut in the name of competition. User experience is more important in my book. If the iPhone 4 had that mini wifi feature the EVO 4G has, I wouldn't even consider getting anything else.

nebulae
Posts: 15707
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2004 12:16 am
Location: New Orleans
Contact:

Re: Iphone OS4.1

Post by nebulae » Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:59 pm

^how about a camera flash? that might be nice :)
Image Image Image Image

beats me
Posts: 23319
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:39 pm

Re: Iphone OS4.1

Post by beats me » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:31 pm

nebulae wrote:
UKRuss wrote:Android. The serious option for those who want to spend a lot of time wishing they had an iPhone.

Reminds of the guy at work who always had these godawful Creative Zen mp3 players, when it was clear he wanted an iPod but his ego wouldn't allow. :lol:

Neb doth protest too much, buy the Apple stuff you want, 'come out', don't be a latent!
:D
:lol:

I've loved my Creative Zen for years. Love it every single time Mrs. Neb complains about what a PITA her iPod is. Hahahhaa
I do notice an odd behavior from people who buy an alternative product to something Apple makes. They always feel like they have to bust it out and give you a full demo, especially if they know you own the competing Apple product. There's always talk of Apple people being pretentious but that's largely based on them just using their iProduct in public, God forbid…how dare they. It's nowhere near the level of "look at it……touch it…..see!!!! SEE!!!! Look at ALL the stuff it does!!" level of people using competitor products.

anybody human
Posts: 1048
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:27 pm

Re: Iphone OS4.1

Post by anybody human » Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:14 pm

I'm just glad my 3G actually works now. That was a nightmare, practically useless.

nebulae
Posts: 15707
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2004 12:16 am
Location: New Orleans
Contact:

Re: Iphone OS4.1

Post by nebulae » Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:00 pm

anybody human wrote:I'm just glad my 3G actually works now. That was a nightmare, practically useless.
Are you using 4.1?
Image Image Image Image

smutek
Posts: 4488
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2003 3:30 pm
Location: Baltimore,United States

Re: Iphone OS4.1

Post by smutek » Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:59 am

djsynchro wrote:
djsynchro wrote:because...
It just works.
I swear, I used to fucking hate seeing this. Now, for some reason I've grown quite fond of it and smile every time I see it.

Interesting.

Post Reply