RIP Abletons forum as we know it

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
alex.the.forge

Re: RIP Abletons forum as we know it

Post by alex.the.forge » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:49 am

dhilsabeck wrote:it just works.
I very nearly snapped and went into a tirade at DJSynchro then realised you are not DJSynchro…. please don't let it proliferate
pepezabala wrote:
But I am getting really annoyed by some of the people (mostly veteran, but not as veteran as myself, HA!) that troll around here. Please go away to Nebulae's forum and insult mankind/each other or post funny tits and dicks if you feel like it. But leave us alone with your bullshit.

If you have some dubstep, post it here. If you discuss fat women, do it at Neb's house. As easy as that.
+1000

Pitch Black

Post by Pitch Black » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:52 am

pepezabala wrote:But I am getting really annoyed by some of the people (mostly veteran, but not as veteran as myself, HA!) that troll around here. Please go away to Nebulae's forum and insult mankind/each other or post funny tits and dicks if you feel like it. But leave us alone with your bullshit.

If you have some dubstep, post it here. If you discuss fat women, do it at Neb's house. As easy as that.
+1

<edit> Forge, oh snap!

starving student

Post by starving student » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:15 am

pepezabala wrote:
stringtapper wrote: The noob part was just silly shit Rave was talking about. The company is getting bigger and so more people are coming on and asking questions that many here have answered countless times throughout the years and so they're getting annoyed with the "noobs." I doubt there's any one person somebody here would point out.

But the real reason the "vets" are grumbling these days is that this place has a long history of being pretty anarchic by most forum standards. Now it's changing and it's, well… lame.
I am here since 2003 and I have absolutely no problem with noob osts. I also have fun to explain someone how to render his project for the 1000th time. I am mostly killing time at my boring dayjob at the office here.

But I am getting really annoyed by some of the people (mostly veteran, but not as veteran as myself, HA!) that troll around here. Please go away to Nebulae's forum and insult mankind/each other or post funny tits and dicks if you feel like it. But leave us alone with your bullshit.

w.erd

the lounge can handle xenophobia of all types, racism, sexism, whatever, it just can't handle talk of unity or harmony but anyone who's been here any length of time can attest to that much. I've been here for quite a while and heard just about everything under the sun and most of it in good fun, sure there are those coming from a dark place but you just gotta let them know they can suck a crispy one and move on .

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:51 pm

rudd1028 wrote:
UKRuss wrote: I believe that with moderation The Lounge will essentially die but on the other hand I am finding it a great place to post your new tracks.
^ and here's the perfect example of showing that there is the SUPERIOR, who's been here longer vs. the rest in the LINK YOUR MUSIC forum.

You're new and young, so we're going to let you post this drivel a bit longer. But make no mistake: A right and proper ass fucking is coming your way.

:lol:
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

UKRuss

Post by UKRuss » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:52 pm

I'll get my tools.

Pitch Black

Post by Pitch Black » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:58 pm

"THATS THE SPIRIT!"
Last edited by Pitch Black on Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UKRuss

Post by UKRuss » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:59 pm

rudd1028 wrote:
LoopStationZebra wrote:You're new and young, so we're going to let you post this drivel a bit longer. But make no mistake: A right and proper ass fucking is coming your way.

okay. Now that's the spirit!

UKRuss wrote:I'll get my tools.
I think i'm getting how the VIBE works around here.
I always pictured everyone here with MAD FACES. But, I get the feeling I have taken it the wrong way.
We'll see.
Did you like my track? Its got trumpet in.

I would also post it in Link Your Music...except no-one goes there. :(

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:03 pm

rudd1028 wrote:
UKRuss wrote: I believe that with moderation The Lounge will essentially die but on the other hand I am finding it a great place to post your new tracks.
^ and here's the perfect example of showing that there is the SUPERIOR, who's been here longer vs. the rest in the LINK YOUR MUSIC forum.

Hey, you. In the kiddie pool. Put down the water wings and listen up.

The Link Your Music section is SHIT. It's been SHIT. It will always be SHIT. It's a wasteland of dubstep and appallingly mislabeled/misnamed/genre bending dance dreck that's 9 times out of 10 posted by arseholes who register, post once (in the Link section), and then disappear.

Of course, if you'd been around longer you would know all this.

So, you know, STFU. Listen, but don't talk. Speak only when spoken to. If you're lucky, you can get a few of us coffee now and again if you're respectful.

:idea:
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

pepezabala

Post by pepezabala » Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:24 pm

now everyone under 18 listen to my last concert: RAMPAMPAM

especially the scorpions-cover-version somewhere in the early middle.

HOHOHO!

UKRuss

Post by UKRuss » Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:50 pm

rudd1028 wrote:
UKRuss wrote: Did you like my track? Its got trumpet in.

No. I purposely am ignoring your track due to you posting it in the wrong forum.

You know what will happen here? Everyone will migrate over here to post all songs now and the Lounge will be warped.
Frankly, that's just mean.

Believe, the lounge is already warped.

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:02 pm

alex.the.forge wrote:
pepezabala wrote:

+1000
Wait, so the Lounge is to promote Paddy's dubstep? And there are fat chicks at my house? And veterans are trolls?! No way!

+1.7googolplex

Pitch Black

Post by Pitch Black » Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:15 pm

I dub, but I don't step, you are more genre-confused than I.

Thats genre- not gender-

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:09 pm

starving student wrote:the lounge can handle xenophobia of all types, racism, sexism, whatever, it just can't handle talk of unity or harmony
What are you talking about (again)? We're all about unity: Image and harmony: Image here.
Unsound Designer

Rave

Post by Rave » Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:02 pm

UKRuss wrote:
rudd1028 wrote:
LoopStationZebra wrote:You're new and young, so we're going to let you post this drivel a bit longer. But make no mistake: A right and proper ass fucking is coming your way.

okay. Now that's the spirit!

UKRuss wrote:I'll get my tools.
I think i'm getting how the VIBE works around here.
I always pictured everyone here with MAD FACES. But, I get the feeling I have taken it the wrong way.
We'll see.
Did you like my track? Its got trumpet in.

I like your track Russ , the mixing is fab too. I would post that comment in your thread buy hey that's how I roll in the lounge :mrgreen:

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:28 pm

stringtapper wrote:
starving student wrote:the lounge can handle xenophobia of all types, racism, sexism, whatever, it just can't handle talk of unity or harmony
What are you talking about (again)? We're all about unity: Image and harmony: Image here.

nope.

you can dis the student in other threads about how you don't understand him, but in this one, this time... he fucking nailed it.

@ Russ - I'd love to hear your track, but I can't find it in Link Your Music where the music goes.

@ LSZ - fuck you! I post there when I get one done... no dub no step just done.
LoopStationZebra wrote:it's like a hipster commie pinko manifesto. Rambling. Angry. Nearly divorced from all reality; yet strangely compelling with a ring of truth.