AppleTV. Mr. Jobs, you've done it. Again.

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
LoopStationZebra

Re: AppleTV. Mr. Jobs, you've done it. Again.

Post by LoopStationZebra » Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:39 am

Well....Microsoft did, anyway.
:lol:
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:47 am

My mom was huge into the whole NetTV thing until i bought her an iMac. It was just painful trying to watch her (or me) do anything on that set up, can't believe it was around as long as it was.

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:14 am

Digital_Damage wrote:
beats me wrote:Wasn't Internet TV around for FOREVER and largely failed except for the 55+ demographic who thought owning an actual computer was just too damn complicated? And now all those people own an actual computer and the Internet TV receiver met it's maker at an eRecylcing center.
They said the same thing about surfing the internet on phones too...
I agree surfing the net is stupid on a phone other then finding some quick information you might need at that moment. But for leisure, no.

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:39 pm

^ But let us remember:

One of the first, if not the first, phones to have the ability to surf the web was Microsoft's PocketPC Phone Edition.

I owned that phone. From day 1 until it's demise, the thing was truly WRETCHED. Even a supposedly optimized browser never failed to crash on an almost minute by minute basis.

Every single browser ready phone until the iPhone was COMPLETE SHIT. SHIT. SHIT. SHIT. SHHHHHIIIITTTTTT.

While surfing the web on a phone is retarded, at least Apple invented a way to do it that didn't involve brain aneurysms or explosive diarrhea.

:x

davepermen

Post by davepermen » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:58 pm

i had opera mini on my regular sony ericsson non-smartphone, and it worked well. used that for years. that and other apps (yeah, dumb-phones have apps, too).

but yeah, the default browser of windows mobile is absolute crap. gladly, on my not-yet-winphone7 phone, i have opera mobile on it, that works great.
http://davepermen.net my tiny webpage, including link to bandcamp.

Digital_Damage

Post by Digital_Damage » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:40 pm

davepermen wrote:i had opera mini on my regular sony ericsson non-smartphone, and it worked well. used that for years. that and other apps (yeah, dumb-phones have apps, too).

but yeah, the default browser of windows mobile is absolute crap. gladly, on my not-yet-winphone7 phone, i have opera mobile on it, that works great.
Opera mini is by far the best mini browser out there.

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:27 pm

Digital_Damage wrote:
davepermen wrote:i had opera mini on my regular sony ericsson non-smartphone, and it worked well. used that for years. that and other apps (yeah, dumb-phones have apps, too).

I can't speak for Windows or Android phones but there's probably at least 2 dozen browser apps for the iPhone and iPad and growing. The Atomic browser is still my fave, but again, surfing the web is the last thing I do on my iPhone and it doesn't happen much either on my iPad, and a lot of sites I might visit came out with their specific app anyway.

Digital_Damage

Post by Digital_Damage » Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:42 pm

beats me wrote:
Digital_Damage wrote:

I can't speak for Windows or Android phones but there's probably at least 2 dozen browser apps for the iPhone and iPad and growing. The Atomic browser is still my fave, but again, surfing the web is the last thing I do on my iPhone and it doesn't happen much either on my iPad, and a lot of sites I might visit came out with their specific app anyway.
ick the atomic browser is a slugish mess, no wonder you don't do much surfing.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:06 pm

Tarekith wrote:My mom was huge into the whole NetTV thing until i bought her an iMac. It was just painful trying to watch her (or me) do anything on that set up, can't believe it was around as long as it was.
I had a job at a call center in 2000 doing tech support for MSN internet access... mostly dial up at that time... its when they were hyping up internet TV... big fail. The peeps that would get misrouted to me would be pretty perturbed. AFTER that, MSN finally started offering DSL in cahoots with the phone company (Qwest :x ) - fucking awful. Internet TV might have been a good idea but the timing was total shit for sure.
LoopStationZebra wrote:it's like a hipster commie pinko manifesto. Rambling. Angry. Nearly divorced from all reality; yet strangely compelling with a ring of truth.

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:58 pm

Digital_Damage wrote: ick the atomic browser is a slugish mess, no wonder you don't do much surfing.

God you really are fucking retarded. Seriously.

Totally. Fucking. Retarded.

Digital_Damage

Post by Digital_Damage » Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:20 am

LoopStationZebra wrote:
Digital_Damage wrote: ick the atomic browser is a slugish mess, no wonder you don't do much surfing.

God you really are fucking retarded. Seriously.

Totally. Fucking. Retarded.

well lookie stupid just woke up from his afternoon nap.
Last edited by Digital_Damage on Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

djsynchro

Post by djsynchro » Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:26 am

No comment :x :x :x

djsynchro

Post by djsynchro » Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:26 am

djsynchro wrote:No comment :x :x :x
Qwerty

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:36 am

:x = Qwerty

djsynchro

Post by djsynchro » Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:33 am

Uiop...