dom: Is David your out-of-work nephew who needed a job?

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
alex.the.forge

Re: dom: Is David your out-of-work nephew who needed a job?

Post by alex.the.forge » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:37 am

leedsquietman wrote:but doesn't force it down anyone's throats and my supernatural is tolerant of any gender, racial origin, sexual preference, body measurements and body odour ! ;)

I also am prepared to help Mr. DeSantis, got no beef with any Ableton employee, only peace and respect.

Come on Abes, you know you want me !
my supernatural's gonna beat up your supernatural!

UKRuss

Post by UKRuss » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:40 am

leedsquietman wrote:but doesn't force it down anyone's throats and my supernatural is tolerant of any gender, racial origin, sexual preference, body measurements and body odour ! ;)

I also am prepared to help Mr. DeSantis, got no beef with any Ableton employee, only peace and respect.

Come on Abes, you know you want me !
I think, for these reasons, I wholly endorse your application.

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:50 am

smutek wrote: the American named David Abernathy because he is ex-CIA and flew him to Berlin to confront LoopStationZebra, restore sanity, and get things back in order.

Oh, Jebus. Someone's in my backyard. Wearing all black. Creeping around. And no, it's not DJSYNCHRO.

8O
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:08 am

dom wrote:Wooohoo!

Guys! What's up with you? I'm a bit busy, but i just want to throw in a few lines here:
To me personally it looks like the loss of humor is not really on the side of the forum host...
LoopStationZebra wrote:Seriously, who IS this guy and why is he out to destroy our Lounge?
Uhm, whose Lounge? Come on, Zebra, honestly, who received the last dozens of server bills?
Last time i checked it was the same company that also "this guy" is working for.
The company that is the reason for you and me and everyone else actually being here.

And besides a lot of other things, it is his job to keep this place a pleasant one, being responsible for the community not to appear too hostile for first timers that just can't know how twisted some running gags and the tone in here over the years became while still supporting a sense of community feeling.

If you allow me a comment: This is a hell of a demanding job and i hope you trust me that i more or less know what i'm talking about.
LoopStationZebra wrote: Did you not give us this Lounge for a reason? So that our insanity can be isolated and contained away from the other areas?
Nope, the reason for the Lounge has been explained during the announcement and still holds true:

http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=135613

In short, this is about structure while still trying not to exclude even completely off-topic stuff from an official audio/midi sequencer company forum (how everyone else would do it...) just because we love this community!
LoopStationZebra wrote: Sure, there's some skirting of the Code here. But nothing serious.
Totally depends on how far below the belt some posts go, somewhere ableton has to draw a line...

Sounds like a joke, but think about it:
How should the gays and overweight women that are responsible for creating Live and running ableton feel if they see all this homophobic stuff and verbal slander in the public forum of their own employer?
Not to think of all the wonderfully different Live users!

Keep the fun, folks, but keep it reasonable! We only try the same!
LoopStationZebra wrote: Explanation?
Explained enough? Keep it sarcastic, keep all the irony, but keep it a bit more on the side of innocent fun.
And along those lines: Don't bully my nephew and better start listening to him, for god's sake!

And yes, the subject really made us both laugh - exactly the right amount of irony and sarcasm i like to see here, without totally going over board.

Cheers,
Dom

lol, Well Dom I get what you are saying, I do. But David's come off pretty heavy handed and, worse, he's got ZERO sense of humour. Is there any crime around here worse than having NO sense of humour in Ze Lounge?

:lol:

alex.the.forge

Post by alex.the.forge » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:45 am

LoopStationZebra wrote:

lol, Well Dom I get what you are saying, I do. But David's come off pretty heavy handed and, worse, he's got ZERO sense of humour. Is there any crime around here worse than having NO sense of humour in Ze Lounge?

heavy handed? 8O

dont be such a big girls blouse :D

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:49 am

alex.the.forge wrote:
LoopStationZebra wrote:

heavy handed? 8O

dont be such a big girls blouse :D

I see what you did there.

smutek

Post by smutek » Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:07 pm

LoopStationZebra wrote:
But David's come off pretty heavy handed and, worse, he's got ZERO sense of humour. Is there any crime around here worse than having NO sense of humour in Ze Lounge?

I'm guessing this is an entirely strategic and planned decision by the American CIA agent, David Abernathy. He has to let everyone know he means business - crush all resistance brutally and quickly.

How do you plan to combat him?

dum

Post by dum » Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:52 pm

H20nly wrote::lol: @ dum all bent cuz he can't be a totally racist/nationalist two faced holier than thou cunt anymore for fear of being banned... yet again...
what racism ? I openly detest israeli military/illegal settlement policies. But then again, so does the UN.
Ditto american foreign policies.
I have a running meme where I mock dutch food and toilets.... which hardly qualifies as racism, and stems back to a satirical exchange with a dutch user who made similar or worse statements about my homeland.
And when people start concocting shit about where I'm from I don't claim racism, I just dash their claims with irrevocable facts. You're sore because you are incapable of doing the same, not just because you don't have the intellect or even the interest - but because not even the brightest most machiavellian minds can defend american/israeli military policies without lying through their teeth.

Nationalists ? I detest them.
You think I'm nationalist....why ? Actually, don't embarrass yourself by answering that.

PS: I'm not bent out of shape, I made my 'moderation/censorship' thread purely because the MENSA members here in the board weren't 'getting' the intent behind the moderation.
Pasha wrote:Thanks dum for being so precise.

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:58 pm

I love it when dum feels the need to dum it down for us.

dum

Post by dum » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:00 pm

nebulae wrote:I love it when dum feels the need to dum it down for us.

Funny you should mention that.
It's when I'm on my best 'behaviour' that people tend to foam at the mouth most.

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:01 pm

dum wrote:
nebulae wrote:I love it when dum feels the need to dum it down for us.

Funny you should mention that.
It's when I'm on my best 'behaviour' that people tend to foam at the mouth most.
There's a whole lotta irony floating around lately, my friend.

dum

Post by dum » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:03 pm

Yep, and unfortunately not the delicious variety.

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:06 pm

dum wrote:Yep, and unfortunately not the delicious variety.

As I mentioned on my anarchy.nebulae.com (shameless plug), I enjoy watching the carnage. It's a trainwreck before my eyes. Sorta like Nero playing the fiddle while Rome burns. (wondering if Nero knew any slamming tarnce tunes at 138bpm)

dum

Post by dum » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:20 pm

there's more of that bland irony we speak of.... an anarchic forum that won't even allow viewing without registration.
Put the stale cherry on top and answer me this.... do you also use an anarchy logo or banner ?

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:38 pm

haha, actually, I used to, but then I realized I was just trying to fit in. :lol:

like I mentioned, the registration is purely to keep out spambots. But if that's all it takes to keep you out, you're welcome to drink you cup of tea.