dom: Is David your out-of-work nephew who needed a job?

Discussion of anything not related to audio or music production
dum
Posts: 2678
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:51 pm

Re: dom: Is David your out-of-work nephew who needed a job?

Post by dum » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:44 pm

I get more than my daily quota of backslapping office humour here, thank you very much.

Besides, registration is not keeping me out... I have a mild interest in etymology, that's all.
Pasha wrote:Thanks dum for being so precise.

smutek
Posts: 4489
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2003 3:30 pm
Location: Baltimore,United States

Re: dom: Is David your out-of-work nephew who needed a job?

Post by smutek » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:52 pm

dum wrote: It's when I'm on my best 'behaviour' that people tend to foam at the mouth most.
People seem to foam at the mouth pretty much anytime you offer an opinion counter to their own. I've never understood why so many people have a problem with you to be honest. I've always thought of you as a pretty decent fellow, under all of your forum incarnations, and every exchange we've ever had has been civil.

dum
Posts: 2678
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:51 pm

Re: dom: Is David your out-of-work nephew who needed a job?

Post by dum » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:16 pm

smutek wrote:
dum wrote: It's when I'm on my best 'behaviour' that people tend to foam at the mouth most.
People seem to foam at the mouth pretty much anytime you offer an opinion counter to their own. I've never understood why so many people have a problem with you to be honest. I've always thought of you as a pretty decent fellow, under all of your forum incarnations, and every exchange we've ever had has been civil.

You've never understood...but have you got any theories ?
Pasha wrote:Thanks dum for being so precise.

nebulae
Posts: 15715
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2004 12:16 am
Location: New Orleans
Contact:

Re: dom: Is David your out-of-work nephew who needed a job?

Post by nebulae » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:17 pm

smutek wrote:
dum wrote: It's when I'm on my best 'behaviour' that people tend to foam at the mouth most.
People seem to foam at the mouth pretty much anytime you offer an opinion counter to their own. I've never understood why so many people have a problem with you to be honest. I've always thought of you as a pretty decent fellow, under all of your forum incarnations, and every exchange we've ever had has been civil.
I'll second that.

Now, can we talk about the hawt chick by the water cooler? (I just slapped both of your backs!)
Image Image Image Image

H20nly
Posts: 15844
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:15 pm
Location: The Wild West

Re: dom: Is David your out-of-work nephew who needed a job?

Post by H20nly » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:10 pm

dum wrote:
smutek wrote:
dum wrote: It's when I'm on my best 'behaviour' that people tend to foam at the mouth most.
People seem to foam at the mouth pretty much anytime you offer an opinion counter to their own. I've never understood why so many people have a problem with you to be honest. I've always thought of you as a pretty decent fellow, under all of your forum incarnations, and every exchange we've ever had has been civil.

You've never understood...but have you got any theories ?

here's some theories for you

1. because being a cunt to someone because of where their from (which is totally out of their control) is okay to you.
2. because placing the pitfalls and failures of the government of a person's native country squarely on their shoulders as if they can control it... is fine by you.
3. because attacking people by insulting their intelligence in an attempt to to make yourself appear more so is just your style.
4. because attacking/mocking people out of context/the blue about past pieces of information they shared on the forum such as employment status or military duty is an acceptable practice in your eyes... again and again.
5. because seriously... even though you haven't been a dick to everyone on the forum... you could line up the people you have been a dick to and form a small army.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.

6-10 i left blank because i'm sure that 5 more "theories" could be provided by your 'fans', although i recommend they save themselves the trouble and move on.

act civilized and oh so innocent all you want (for Dave). its only a matter of time before you go off.

tick tick tick to tug tug tug

:)
LoopStationZebra wrote:it's like a hipster commie pinko manifesto. Rambling. Angry. Nearly divorced from all reality; yet strangely compelling with a ring of truth.

nebulae
Posts: 15715
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2004 12:16 am
Location: New Orleans
Contact:

Re: dom: Is David your out-of-work nephew who needed a job?

Post by nebulae » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:17 pm

Wait, dum has fans? Is there a fan club? Is there a facebook page?
Image Image Image Image

dum
Posts: 2678
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:51 pm

Re: dom: Is David your out-of-work nephew who needed a job?

Post by dum » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:44 pm

H20nly wrote:
dum wrote:
smutek wrote: People seem to foam at the mouth pretty much anytime you offer an opinion counter to their own. I've never understood why so many people have a problem with you to be honest. I've always thought of you as a pretty decent fellow, under all of your forum incarnations, and every exchange we've ever had has been civil.

You've never understood...but have you got any theories ?

here's some theories for you

1. because being a cunt to someone because of where their from (which is totally out of their control) is okay to you.
define 'being a cunt' , and no you're wrong about that anyways. If I address someone it is on the strength of what they themselves are saying. When we discuss war crimes and heinous foreign policies it's not my fault the serial offenders are american/israeli.
2. because placing the pitfalls and failures of the government of a person's native country squarely on their shoulders as if they can control it... is fine by you.
nope, I have criticized america & israel, a small handful of morons (see below) get worked up by it - discussions ensue. if they want to argue in defense of the actions of those nations that's their choice.
3. because attacking people by insulting their intelligence in an attempt to to make yourself appear more so is just your style.
attacking people ? nope, if someone says something stupid I'll highlight that. Like anyone else might.
4. because attacking/mocking people out of context/the blue about past pieces of information they shared on the forum such as employment status or military duty is an acceptable practice in your eyes... again and again.
nope. If someone is going to peg misinformation on some supposed qualifications, I see it only fitting to highlight the fact they aren't actually getting paid in that line of work - by their own admission. As for military duty, again, are you honestly trying to defend the IDF here ? The instance you are referring to is when a a user said it 'sux' to have a gun pulled on you....and then admitted to being a member of the IDF. Well excuse fucking me if I think members of the IDF should expect to have guns pulled on them.
5. because seriously... even though you haven't been a dick to everyone on the forum... you could line up the people you have been a dick to and form a small army.
simply not true. newbies get more shit from the fanboys, and that's a fact. I've been a dick to people who themselves are dicks. I won't be singled out for that.


Anyways you have never, not once, had the geopolitical acumen - understanding - intellect - awareness or even meaningful interest to debate me on any of these political debates that you are basing your suite of sweeping statements on. all you have ever done is pissed & moaned from the sidelines that I'm 'racist' whilst making unrelated 'racist' jibes yourself, or sought out my negative attention later on in arbitrary threads even trolling my on-topic ableton related threads. That's pathetic how worked up you get about my (widely held) political views on serious issues without having the capacity to argue on behalf of your own view. But ok, if the best you can offer is shit jpeg trolling attempts carry on... as far as the mods are concerned I will dish back to you everything you send my way.

By all means though, in the future when I'm discussing the war crimes you pay for ... feel free to man up and debate the issue with words, sentences and most importantly facts.
Pasha wrote:Thanks dum for being so precise.

H20nly
Posts: 15844
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:15 pm
Location: The Wild West

Re: dom: Is David your out-of-work nephew who needed a job?

Post by H20nly » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:28 pm

dum wrote:in the future when I'm discussing the war crimes you pay for ... feel free to man up and debate the issue with words, sentences and most importantly facts
here is a fact for you - taxes are taken out of my pay check.

if i was capable of finding some way of not having those taxes taken out it would be only a matter of time before i would be fined and/or arrested. we don't get a "how would you like your tax dollars spent" list of check boxes to tick off when filling out the paperwork at new jobs in the United States. sorry... we just don't.

if we did... i can promise you this... barring natural disasters... i would NOT give anyone shit outside of this country unless it was at the cash register. war machines and pipelines don't interest me. self defense... ok. the sick and homeless where i live are of greater priority to me. when they are well then maybe i will look further outward.

so there is no debate to be had. you type as though there is some debate that should take place when there is none. i don't approve. done. in this sense you and i are a lot alike. you simply choose to paint me as ignorant for not wanting to write paragraph after paragraph of paraphrased googled facts laced with opinions of my own that in so many ways would ultimately agree with much of your stance, but its not this stance that i am protesting... its the delivery. besides, there is a never ending line of people to regurgitate your favorite search engine's top hits with you. you don't need me.

i simply point out to you that you are like the internet equivalent of a bully or some sort of low life that attacks people based on circumstances that are for the most part out of their control. at least when you're getting heated arguing with me you're not knocking someone else for something beyond their control.

someone has to keep the inner child entertained.

just look at your own style of arguments... # 1 up there is a prime example... you use this its not my fault they are what they are stance to defend yourself for attacking others for... what they are. :roll: and so it goes with you. the snake eats its tail.

the rest of your flimsy denials and self righteous proclamations up there are either complete bullshit or subjective... regardless, arguing someone's self portrait with them is hardly time well spent.

someone, anyone makes a statement... you ignore half or more and then hyper focus on one or two bites to the death only stopping to change bites in order to maintain the facade. its like a smoke screen or distraction to get the reader's attention off the points that are spot on. you can have that turd.

i'll laugh when its your undoing... or anyone like you. i always have. i'm not alone in this, i'm just the one who chooses to point it out to you rather than simply scroll on.
LoopStationZebra wrote:it's like a hipster commie pinko manifesto. Rambling. Angry. Nearly divorced from all reality; yet strangely compelling with a ring of truth.

LoopStationZebra
Posts: 10586
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:57 pm
Contact:

Re: dom: Is David your out-of-work nephew who needed a job?

Post by LoopStationZebra » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:57 pm

smutek wrote:
LoopStationZebra wrote:
But David's come off pretty heavy handed and, worse, he's got ZERO sense of humour. Is there any crime around here worse than having NO sense of humour in Ze Lounge?

:lol:
I'm guessing this is an entirely strategic and planned decision by the American CIA agent, David Abernathy. He has to let everyone know he means business - crush all resistance brutally and quickly.

How do you plan to combat him?


With Love and Respect, of course.
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

LoopStationZebra
Posts: 10586
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:57 pm
Contact:

Re: dom: Is David your out-of-work nephew who needed a job?

Post by LoopStationZebra » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:00 pm

dum wrote: PS: I'm not bent out of shape, I made my 'moderation/censorship' thread purely because the NAMBLA members here in the board weren't 'getting' the intent behind the moderation.

fix O' La
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

Machinesworking
Posts: 11131
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2004 9:30 pm
Location: Seattle

Re: dom: Is David your out-of-work nephew who needed a job?

Post by Machinesworking » Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:54 am

i'm kind of liking this Miss Manners version of a flame war between H20nly and dum.

"I'm sorry kind sir, but your arguments are tedious, tedious I say!" :lol:

McQ714
Posts: 1851
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:12 pm
Location: Orange County, CA

Re: dom: Is David your out-of-work nephew who needed a job?

Post by McQ714 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:57 pm

And in enters McQ.

McQ says he has nothing to add to this conversation, so McQ shall just stand aside and let you bitches brawl.

White Chili for dinner... yummmm!!!!

sporkles
Posts: 3199
Joined: Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:43 pm
Location: Schmocation

Re: dom: Is David your out-of-work nephew who needed a job?

Post by sporkles » Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:38 pm

McQ714 wrote:And in enters McQ.

McQ says he has nothing to add to this conversation, so McQ shall just stand aside and let you bitches brawl.

White Chili for dinner... yummmm!!!!
Image

dum
Posts: 2678
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:51 pm

Re: dom: Is David your out-of-work nephew who needed a job?

Post by dum » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:19 am

H20nly wrote:
dum wrote:in the future when I'm discussing the war crimes you pay for ... feel free to man up and debate the issue with words, sentences and most importantly facts
here is a fact for you - taxes are taken out of my pay check.
and does that mean you DON'T pay for american munitions ?
Nope. It doesn't. You may not like it, but it's just a very straight forward, irrefutable matter of fact.
H20nly wrote:so there is no debate to be had. you type as though there is some debate that should take place when there is none. i don't approve. done.
There's no real debate to be had in this thread, sure, but you initiated this particular exchange - I simply responded to address some of your sweeping statements & claims and highlighted your hypocrisy where applicable. You had an opportunity to substantiate those claims after I offered my response. And you didn't/can't.

As I said to you, next time I'm discussing the war crimes you pay for ..try and engage in debate there and then. with words, sentences & facts. Your whole butt-hurt/arbitrary-trolling routine isn't going to wash with the new mod in the long run.
H20nly wrote: the rest of your flimsy denials and self righteous proclamations up there are either complete bullshit or subjective... regardless, arguing someone's self portrait with them is hardly time well spent.
That's funny for the simple fact I should be saying virtually the exact same thing to you.

"the rest of your flimsy claims and self righteous proclamations up there are either complete bullshit or subjective... "
Pasha wrote:Thanks dum for being so precise.

UKRuss
Posts: 5044
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:32 am

Re: dom: Is David your out-of-work nephew who needed a job?

Post by UKRuss » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:41 am

6. You always do that dissecting posts point-by-point-multiple-quotations-and-responses which I can never be arsed to read. :x

To be fair, following a little bit of an arse soreness session due to my IPLF humour, you did rant about my wife involving herself in fallating homeless people in some bizarre uber-rant where I also needed to feel guilty because I am from the UK. (was all a bit creepy weird, not in a perezz stalky kind of way, but weird nonetheless) This was followed by posting pictures of defacating animals and shit in general in another thread where my name was brought up.

I can't say I minded either way, you are after all a bit of an Irish two-bob, but trying to reach the higher moral ground by suggesting that the new mod may find what others post more insulting than the general brain detritus that falls out of your fingers into this forum, is a little rich old chap.

Post Reply