New Prospering Ableton Community.

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
smutek

Re: New Prospering Ableton Community.

Post by smutek » Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:45 pm

Rave wrote: Pmsl, you forgot to mention that u go to a top 5 university and slam hotter girls :)
haha, right? I remember reading that comment. "I 'slam' hotter girls..."

:lol:

Boastful remarks like that generally mean the exact opposite is true.

So funny.

macmurphy

Post by macmurphy » Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:01 am

crumhorn wrote:
Guff Tong wrote:^ ^ We get spoon fed this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4f4oy2M ... A754AB060F

Some of us embrace the insanity, others are in denial unfortunately.

Vive le difference... n' shit.
:D
:lol: Brass Eye has never been bettered and maybe never will.
oh yes. you can have your cake and eat it :wink:

JuanSOLO

Post by JuanSOLO » Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:04 am

WOW all this time on the forums and I never realized how much laughter I was missing out on by neglecting the "Lounge."
soundremedy wrote:yo dude i got signed... and im like what? 20 years younger than you old man?
swagger
There's something strange about trying to use age as an insult, considering, we all age. Well... maybe soundremedy has a remedy for age. :roll:
As far as getting signed, thats almost as important as making the top 40 charts in America.

Yet, HANDS DOWN, my favorite part about this particular stab is realizing how many younger girls have a fetish for older perverts.

JuanSOLO

Post by JuanSOLO » Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:15 am

soundremedy wrote:172 Members and counting! We finally achieved consistant chat. I can say with confidence that there will ALWAYS be someone available to answer any question you may have.
-SR

Come one man, thats just false advertisement?

Kids these days.... :roll:

soundremedy

Post by soundremedy » Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:53 am

JuanSOLO wrote:
soundremedy wrote:172 Members and counting! We finally achieved consistant chat. I can say with confidence that there will ALWAYS be someone available to answer any question you may have.
-SR

Come one man, thats just false advertisement?

Kids these days.... :roll:
Haha dude that was then, we have 240 members now. And there are at least 15 people online at all times with peak times going up to 30. I've learned more in my short time in the group then from my entire year on the forums...

CHeck it out if you don't believe me : http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=gro ... 84155&ap=1

Thats funny though, the old cynics can't help take a little stab. It's so crazy the forums are just a bunch of whining losers. Get lives! Especially you Rave... homo...

soundremedy

Post by soundremedy » Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:00 am

Yo RAVE dude when are your tour dates? Im gonna release mine in the spring,,, maybe you can come to a show so i can take a shit on your face, youd probly like that you old moldy french pervert.

I noticed oyu can download your music from 8 music stores!!!! Whats the point of that if the music sucks and no one buys it?

And DUUUUUUUUUDE

http://aronbas.com/about/

just look at yourself and ask yoruself.... what the fuck am i doing with my life?

JuanSOLO

Post by JuanSOLO » Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:09 am

soundremedy wrote:....there are at least 15 people online at all times with peak times going up to 30. I've learned more in my short time in the group then from my entire year on the forums...

CHeck it out if you don't believe me...
Oh I checked it out from day one, last week I "left the group." Seeing that most, if not all the members of the FB group were harvested from this site, I felt I was not missing out on anything I had not already seen over here. Only over here I dont have some silly chat box going off every 2 seconds with redundant questions, and kids stroking soundclouds.

However I see the FB community doing 2 things really well.
1- serving a means to divide the community. Now granted there are only 240 members currently, and considering the quality of "chat" I dont feel very divided.
2- The FB community is BEST at providing a "holding of the hand as children cross the street." Although many of them are old enough to cross, many are still dreaming about days of warmer milk from the tit and need someone on hand immediately to answer the most basic of questions which could be found easily by RTFM, or with good old internet search. Others need some soundcloud validation on tunes that sound as most music does, like watered down versions of older men who were creative. Now the DropBox thing can be amazing, yet in this case I believe it just supports more holding of the hands and fair wether pats on the back. But it's great for kids whos ADHD is so burdening that they cant make a preset and their self-centered drive needs constant praise for posting an FXRack or they will loose confidence on "getting it in" with girls.

Those who post in the FB community whom have knowledge to offer, also post on their personal blogs and the Ableton site. So I would hardly say that the FB community is very exclusive.

Soundremedy makes a sound point though,
soundremedy wrote:It's so crazy the forums are just a bunch of whining losers.
Yet the forums are where he has done his harvesting. So in essence, soundremedy, is saying that the FB Ableton community is a bunch of whining loosers. And frankly I am not surprised by such hypocrisy from the remedy man. I remember posting links to my gear for sale in the good ol FB community. I figured the guy was down for it. For one, the kids on chat were looking for cheap gear I was selling. Two, since he blew up the Ableton site spamming on about joining his community, I was certain he would be happy I posted. NOPE, within 5 minutes of posting I was sent an email asking me to remove it because thats not what the community was about. And maybe he's right, thats not what the community's about, most definitely how it was founded though.

I believe Rave was spot on stating you were like the pot calling the kettle black.

Remedy man, quantity never meant quality.

soundremedy

Post by soundremedy » Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:34 am

Ohhh it all makes sense! You were the dude who tried to sell shit in a community whose goal was to spread information? Aight dude your opinion carries a lot of weight. In all honesty I really don't care what any of you have to say, but because I'm argumentative this is just hilarious to me. Keep it coming,,,, come on lets have another geezer jump on it.

JuanSOLO

Post by JuanSOLO » Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:50 am

Guilty, I sold new shit for half price and old junk for dirt cheap.

Your still gonna have to work on your insults though. Age differences just dont burn remedy man.

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:33 am

Frat daddy, pretty boy douchebag. 'Nuff said.
Unsound Designer

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:12 am

soundremedy wrote:
And DUUUUUUUUUDE

just look at yourself and ask yoruself.... what the fuck am i doing with my life?
Odd? you actually think of all that as an insult? Motherfucker lives in the south of France and has an actual picture of himself instead of a wrestler with a mask on?? and you call him a homo??
I don't really know why you two decided to be insult buddies and I don't really care, but you've continually made some of the LAMEST attempts at insulting Arron I've read in a while, total grade school crap. Littering the forums here with your spamming is one thing, but not having anything near a good sense of humor or ability to defend yourself without calling people homo's is another. :roll:

Rave

Post by Rave » Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:01 am

soundremedy wrote:Yo RAVE dude when are your tour dates? Im gonna release mine in the spring,,, maybe you can come to a show so i can take a shit on your face, youd probly like that you old moldy french pervert.

I noticed oyu can download your music from 8 music stores!!!! Whats the point of that if the music sucks and no one buys it?

And DUUUUUUUUUDE

:lol: You're a happy bunny aren't you?

So you like scatting! I can't say I am surprised based on the amount of filth that comes from your mouth.

Given that you come from a 'top' university, which part of I am not French did you not understand? As comprehension is clearly your forte :lol: did you say only 8 stores because you ran out of fingers because the other two are up your arse? I think you need to check your figures.

Guff Tong

Post by Guff Tong » Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:13 am

Its very school yard isn't it?

I thought I could help by inserting a few 'template' posts that contain both venom and wit but alas, it has not made any difference in the quality or substance.

Still, its mildly entertaining I suppose... but really, things need to get a whole deal more creative right here.

:|

Rave

Post by Rave » Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:15 am

soundremedy wrote:
Thats funny though, the old cynics can't help take a little stab. It's so crazy the forums are just a bunch of whining losers. Get lives! Especially you Rave... homo...
Being this is an Ableton Live forum quite a few of us have "lives". :roll:

I don't understand the connection with being a homo though.
Earlier you said you slammed hotter girls which suggests the contrary. :mrgreen:

You are not very good at this are you? :lol:

crumhorn

Post by crumhorn » Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:18 pm

Is it really boring of me to point out that using the word homo as an insult can get you banned around here?

it's also rather immature.
"The banjo is the perfect instrument for the antisocial."

(Allow me to plug my guitar scale visualiser thingy - www.fretlearner.com)