Well... This is what happens when I play with chords.

Discussion of anything not related to audio or music production
Post Reply

aisling
Posts: 2640
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:58 am
Location: 50 miles north of SF

Re: Well... This is what happens when I play with chords.

Post by aisling » Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:02 pm

There are some really interesting elements happening in the track. My ears perked up at the 45 second mark....
Being a psychedelic and goa tarnce guy, I am (imho) used to more "hidden" layers and frequency shelving, panning, and other eq realted approaches.
http://soundcloud.com/aislingbeing


Live, Reason, Moog sub phatty, Moog sub 37, Ozone 6, guitars, Pedals, proper ergonomic sitting posture, french pressed coffee with a pinch of cardamon.

Rave
Posts: 6152
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:26 am

Re: Well... This is what happens when I play with chords.

Post by Rave » Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:13 pm

Sounds like you are trying to emulate deadmau5

Mint Invader
Posts: 1508
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 2:37 pm

Re: Well... This is what happens when I play with chords.

Post by Mint Invader » Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:43 pm

aisling wrote:There are some really interesting elements happening in the track. My ears perked up at the 45 second mark....
Being a psychedelic and goa tarnce guy, I am (imho) used to more "hidden" layers and frequency shelving, panning, and other eq realted approaches.
I would hope so. Its the first drop.

@rave You guessed it. An exercise to see if I could play with chords. Deadmau5ish I guess... but he was not the first to play with rock chords.
Because Whatever.

Rave
Posts: 6152
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:26 am

Re: Well... This is what happens when I play with chords.

Post by Rave » Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:14 pm

Mint Invader wrote:
aisling wrote:There are some really interesting elements happening in the track. My ears perked up at the 45 second mark....
Being a psychedelic and goa tarnce guy, I am (imho) used to more "hidden" layers and frequency shelving, panning, and other eq realted approaches.
I would hope so. Its the first drop.

@rave You guessed it. An exercise to see if I could play with chords. Deadmau5ish I guess... but he was not the first to play with rock chords.

I realise that but together with the beat and there u r

davepermen
Posts: 2198
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:38 pm
Location: Switzerland
Contact:

Re: Well... This is what happens when I play with chords.

Post by davepermen » Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:25 pm

really close to "some chords" indeed. but sounds nice.
http://davepermen.net my tiny webpage, including link to bandcamp.

Mint Invader
Posts: 1508
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 2:37 pm

Re: Well... This is what happens when I play with chords.

Post by Mint Invader » Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:18 pm

Rave wrote:
Mint Invader wrote:
aisling wrote:There are some really interesting elements happening in the track. My ears perked up at the 45 second mark....
Being a psychedelic and goa tarnce guy, I am (imho) used to more "hidden" layers and frequency shelving, panning, and other eq realted approaches.
I would hope so. Its the first drop.

@rave You guessed it. An exercise to see if I could play with chords. Deadmau5ish I guess... but he was not the first to play with rock chords.

I realise that but together with the beat and there u r
lol
Because Whatever.

Post Reply