the "cool story bro' me" thread

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
Angstrom

Re: the "cool story bro' me" thread

Post by Angstrom » Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:23 pm

beats me wrote:Sooner or later somebody on this forum has to die. I have no doubt some of us will still be posting on here while under hospice care with 3 hours left on the clock.
I'm reasonably sure someone has already died on here.
It smells funny.

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:26 pm

Angstrom wrote:
beats me wrote:Sooner or later somebody on this forum has to die. I have no doubt some of us will still be posting on here while under hospice care with 3 hours left on the clock.
It smells funny.

http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=154652

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:56 pm

:lol:
LoopStationZebra wrote:it's like a hipster commie pinko manifesto. Rambling. Angry. Nearly divorced from all reality; yet strangely compelling with a ring of truth.

Forge.

Post by Forge. » Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:39 pm

beats me wrote:
Angstrom wrote:
It smells funny.

http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=154652
and the mourning and outrage is overwhelming! :D

@Mike - glad to hear you're okay, but of course you would be, you were only ever THREADdeath... although it's easy to forget there is actually a difference between real life and the internet! I know, it's a shocker!

mikemc

Post by mikemc » Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:15 am

Angstrom wrote:
It smells funny.
On this forum, not only is it likely someone will die, but there is that possibility that some one will j*zz on their face, believing them only to be sleeping.
abletontrainer.com wrote: although it's easy to forget there is actually a difference between real life and the internet!
8O 8O
UTENZIL a tool... of the muse.

Forge.

Post by Forge. » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:58 pm

I have no idea how I ended up here. Live 10 something something maybe.

But I like that Mike's MRI came back normal, then I made a comment about him only being THREAD death, then the last post in the thread was Mike Saying:
mikemc wrote:"On this forum, not only is it likely someone will die, but there is that possibility that some one will j*zz on their face, believing them only to be sleeping."

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:22 pm

Sorry Forge, but new forum is not old forum. Let's try and not bump older threads that no longer follow the community guidelines. Just putting the words "Live 10" in your post randomly isn't going to make it on topic.

Forge.

Post by Forge. » Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:39 pm

8O 8O 8O

Can say that again.

In fairness, I can understand why anyone might be jumpy about jokes like that in the current climate. Wouldn't want to unwittingly unleash some kind of offence-hungry opportunist on to Mike for a silly joke he made 8 years ago.

TBH I'm more surprised you interpreted that as randomly putting "Live 10" in to keep it on topic. That just seems a bit weird. When have I ever even vaguely attempted to keep things on topic on this forum?