Who saw Tron?

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
djsynchro

Re: Who saw Tron?

Post by djsynchro » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:09 pm

JuanSOLO wrote:It was better than Indiana Jones 4 but not as good as Tranformers.
so it sucks

timothyallan

Post by timothyallan » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:18 pm

The 3D doesn't work well with all the contrast between all the dark backgrounds lights on the objects, fuzzies everything up and blurs it.

DP need to have their bitcrusher and arpeggiator taken away. We get it.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:35 pm

Saw it yesterday, it was just so so. The scenery was awesome, and the light cycle race was really cool. Plot was ok, predictable on all fronts but still better than the first Tron. The first Tron worked because when it came out, no one knew anything about computers. Today a lot of it just seems too implausible to the average joe. The 3D stuff was ok, not over the top, but not really essential either. Unlike everyone else, I really didn't mind the music all that awesome. It was ok, lots of nice throwbacks to the original in places, but not as awesome as you'd think with Daft Punk. The club scene especially, I was surprised THAT was all they came up with.

Worth seeing, but not going to be a long term hit.

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:33 pm

Tarekith wrote:Unlike everyone else, I really didn't mind the music all that awesome. It was ok, lots of nice throwbacks to the original in places, but not as awesome as you'd think with Daft Punk. The club scene especially, I was surprised THAT was all they came up with.
Proof that Daft Punk is shit when their music isn't 90% samples and vocoders?

I like me some Daft Punk, but seriously.

Poop_Smear

Post by Poop_Smear » Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:53 am

I saw it again today, I had to take my little punk-ass nephew. It still sucked.
Uncle Meat

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:04 pm

Fuck.

This is not what I wanted to hear.

Fappable screenshots of Olivia Wilde? Eh, eh?
ImageImage

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:34 pm

Her best scene is in the commercial.

sporkles

Post by sporkles » Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:29 am

I loved every second of it. It looks gorgeous, it sounds gorgeous. The plot is really just there to provide a sort of red thread to connect the visuals, but what did you expect, seriously? I love the original too, and I don't know about you nay-sayers, but I walked in there hoping to be entertained, not with a ridiculous preconception that it must suck. I know that cynicism is in vogue, but I'd rather get over myself and have a good time.

As for the nods here and there to other sci-fi, I see them as homages, not rip-offs. You've got Star Wars, The Matrix, Terminator 2, Babylon 5, and of course internal references to the first Tron.

I've never been all that much into Daft Punk, but the soundtrack perfectly complements the visuals, not too prominent, but with just the right balance between orchestral and electronic. I'd heard the individual tracks beforehand, but they make a lot more sense, as it were, in their proper context. The 3D is not gratuitous at all, and a bunch of the scenes, where 3D simply is redundant was shot and shown in plain 2D. I did think I was going to get my head blown off at one point, though, and that's cool when it's not happening ever other minute. Oh, those light trails left by the bikes and ships: sexy time! Great make-up work on Bridges and Boxleitner (the latter had waaaaay too little screen time; it's called Tron, so give us Tron, FFS!)

And I know why beatsme wants to hate on it without watching it: it's because of the Apple mocking, isn't it? As far as I could tell, both Google and Apple took a beating. Added bonus :P (written on my iPhone)

SAUKmusic

Post by SAUKmusic » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:33 pm

the trailer looks great, and now i know that Daft Punk produced the soundtrack makes it more interesting.

illsub1

Post by illsub1 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:09 pm

I loved it!! I think its a must see...

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:21 pm

I changed my mind after seeing it a second time (friends dragged me along). Definitely enjoyed it more the second time, music and everything. I think I just expected it to be something different. Who knows.

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:19 pm

I'm still waiting for DVD. And while movies have been going from theater to DVD a lot quicker in general, there's still situations when I don't understand what the hold up is cause the movie was out of the theaters for a long time. You'd think there would be some kind of preset "30 days from when this turd is dead" release date.

hauselektriq

Post by hauselektriq » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:27 am

Clu saw TRON and stole him from Flynn.
Aspire 4730Z, 4GB DDR2, Win7 x64, Live 8.2.1, Traktor Scratch Pro, MPK49, Launchpad, nanopad, nanokey, nanokontrol, Audiobox, SM57, SM58b