Apple's new rechargeable batteries are a must buy

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
Tarekith

Apple's new rechargeable batteries are a must buy

Post by Tarekith » Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:30 pm

Picked some of these up earlier this week, and I'm truly blown away. The first thing that struck me was how well packaged they are, I really had time to admire the design of the box and wrap while opening them up. Reminded me of the MBP box, and in typically Apple fashion you can tell a lot of thought went into everything. From the placement of the logo, to the use of recycleable materials. Well done, their product packaging is one of the main reasons I admire Apple.

But the real treat was how nicely the charger was made. The batteries and charger are really nice looking, and seem well constructed. I can't imagine anyone making fun of you for using these if they seem them, sure to generate a lot of converstion at the very least. The charger I bought was the US version, and the power outlet prongs slid into the outlet firmly, but smoothly. It's a snug fit too, I could see a house going through an earthquake or something and these would still stay in the outlet. Which is good, because you'd probably need a flashlight after something like that!

The thing that impressed me the most was weight though. These weigh hardly anything! A lot of times I'll use my Apple wireless keyboard on my lap, and after a few minutes with normal rechargeable batteries, the weight starts to make my legs cramp pretty bad. Not so with these, I could sit like that for almost an hour with no issues at all!

However, there is one downside too. The charger comes with only two batteries, and my Apple wireless keyboard needs three. When I asked the helpful genius about this, he told me I needed to buy two chargers, but on the plus side I'd have an extra battery if a friend wanted to borrow one (fat chance! I'm not lending these beauties out!). But, the wife needs some for her mouse and keyboard too! Oh well, I ended up getting 5 sets of batteries and chargers to power our Apple products at home. I really don't need the extra chargers, but they look pretty good, so we've just plugged them into outlets around the house as decorations.

Anyway, wanted to share my thoughts on this revolutionary product! If anyone has any questions, or wants pictures from a different angle, let me know!

djsynchro

Re: Apple's new rechargeable batteries are a must buy

Post by djsynchro » Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:07 pm

Tarekith wrote:However, there is one downside too. The charger comes with only two batteries, and my Apple wireless keyboard needs three.
It just w :x rks

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:12 pm

Tarekith, what are you doing tonight for dinner?

*BTW, the charger is supposed to come with 6 batteries.

http://www.apple.com/battery-charger/
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

djsynchro

Post by djsynchro » Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:17 pm

Tarekith wrote: I really don't need the extra chargers, but they look pretty good, so we've just plugged them into outlets around the house as decorations.
:mrgreen:

djsynchro

Post by djsynchro » Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:24 pm

If you cut holes in an iMac box the kids can wear it instead of clothes :idea:

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:06 pm

Only if they don't eat Happy Meals, those boxes are skinny.

squelcht

Post by squelcht » Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:50 pm

djsynchro wrote:If you cut holes in an iMac box the kids can wear it instead of clothes :idea:
:lol: This takes it to a whole new level

wehkah

Post by wehkah » Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:14 pm

Motto: sharing knowledge...

https://soundcloud.com/bytechop