Seattle Police shooting video released.

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
Machinesworking

Seattle Police shooting video released.

Post by Machinesworking » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:33 pm

Seattle is going nuts lately.
I heard about this and assumed that it was nighttime, that the victim was wasted drunk, something? anything?
Tell me, does this guy look dangerous to you? or does he look like he's carving and minding his own business?
(WARNING! VIOLENCE ETC.)
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=956_1292627716

Also, this little photo of the knife.
http://www.komonews.com/news/local/108548839.html

There have been a lot of shootings around here lately, in Tacoma a few cops were killed in a donut store (no lie) by a guy who claimed to be sick of police brutality.
Cops are on edge, but christ??!? IMO Seattle and Washington state needs the kind of shame that happened to the LAPD after the Rodney King incident, and the unveiling of officer Mark Furman in the OJ trial as a racist piece of garbage. As it stands we have a war zone out there. You have exactly 4 seconds to respond before SPD will fill you with bullets.

john gordon

Re: Seattle Police shooting video released.

Post by john gordon » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:45 pm

trigger happy pig. he should be shot.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:09 pm

Seems that pretty much everyone who sees the video has more or less agreed he jumped the gun (err, bad pun). Officer has already been suspended no?

beats me

Post by beats me » Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:09 pm

I think it takes a very rare personality type to be a good cop and all initial good intentions are soon squashed by the realities of the job. Maybe they went in to help a community but when you really think about it for every person they may be protecting or helping there is also some asshole or criminal on the other side of the equation. You deal with that day in and day out and I think a lot of people would snap or make rash decisions. Because of this I'm actually shocked there aren't more (reported) cases of police overreacting, the main reason I fear the police. I don't want to be the one at the end of their shift with a little attitude when they've been dealing with nothing but true assholes all day.

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:17 pm

Tarekith wrote:Seems that pretty much everyone who sees the video has more or less agreed he jumped the gun (err, bad pun). Officer has already been suspended no?
With pay, trial hasn't happened yet. On any given day if I'm not paying attention it will easily take me 4 seconds to respond to anybody who tries to get my attention when I'm distracted. Williams is very obviously concentrated on his piece of wood he's carving, thinking about carving. The cop is so guilty its not even funny, I love that the freaking knife is closed! but we'll see. The fact is lawyers will probably point out the donut store incident as a reason for poor sad Ian's "fragile" mental state.

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:07 am

It will be called "The Donut Shop Defense", no doubt.
The cop will get off because he was stressed about the Tacoma shootings etc.
Hopefully indians will riot if this happens. I feel bad for the regular cops, but man, this area has been out of control for at least 8 years cops wise.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:07 am

Seattle is like Disneyland compared to Chicago, I don't miss that nightly news at all. Could be worse.

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:28 am

So, the cop just blasted away because he was bored? Hates Indians? High on meth?

In broad daylight?

With a ton of fucking people around?

A crooked racist cop is one thing. But to be a retarded, crooked, racist cop? That's quite another thing altogether.
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

arafel

Post by arafel » Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:43 am

8O 8O 8O

WTF
Holy shatner!

1 trigger happy noob = One dead man, minding his own business.
Then all chaos - 6 squad cars, 12 cop responders, 2 bike cops and how much overtime?
Some of the other officers even responded with their guns drawn !?!

Save a bullet & use a brain.

How much training do the boys in blue get now?
Obviously not enough... Wow.
2.8ghz Quad Mac, Live 9.77, Remote25, Maschine 1, Fa-66 optical link, Samson 65a. Dog hair.. lots.

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:44 am

@Tarekith,
Yeah I lived in SF CA in the Tenderloin, I'm well aware that Seattle is tame.
What's not tame are the cops, sure SF had cops on meth, (my first thought too LSZ!), in fact I met a guy who used to sell to a cop down there, and I'm sure they did horrible things, but at the time I was there, they mainly beat the crap out of people and hired strippers to jump out of cakes for the police ball etc. basic corruption. The methed out cop? his main offenses were getting freebies off of prostitutes and setting his patrol care on fire and pushing it off some cliff, reporting it as stolen so he could get a brand new one. :lol:
What we get in Seattle is these wild west bullshit four seconds to react psycho paranoid very probably racist jerks. :evil:

djsynchro

Post by djsynchro » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:56 pm

They should send him to Iraqistan. He'd be a hero!

macmurphy

Post by macmurphy » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:24 pm

at 2:30..'shoot him again if needs be'

filthy pigs.

Nick Shepherd

Post by Nick Shepherd » Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:55 pm

holy shit... 8O

this so so wrong, i hope he doesnt get away with that - and i thought bavarian cops where assholes, granted some of them are but they sure as shit dont shoot people without any reason. :|

beats me

Post by beats me » Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:03 pm

Saw a dash cam video of this last night, not sure if it's the same one posted above which I can't access from work, but the one I saw all the action is off camera…the cop is just starting to tell the guy to put the knife down when he goes off camera. Is the above video different or is there more info on exactly what happened off the dash cam?

Guff Tong

Post by Guff Tong » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:05 am

What's to blame here is the current need for constant risk assessment;

The knife looked pretty sharp. The wood was not held securely in a suitable clamp or vice and the correct eye protection was clearly not being used.

The Police Occifer was obviously making safety paramount.