RIP LoopStationZebra

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
crumhorn

Re: RIP LoopStationZebra

Post by crumhorn » Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:35 pm

BOO! The guy did no harm. He obviously got a bee in his bonnet about David's moderation policy but I'm sure he would have settled down eventually.

And like others have said he has made a useful contribution to the forum.
"The banjo is the perfect instrument for the antisocial."

(Allow me to plug my guitar scale visualiser thingy - www.fretlearner.com)

Digital_Damage

Post by Digital_Damage » Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:56 pm

crumhorn wrote:BOO! The guy did no harm. He obviously got a bee in his bonnet about David's moderation policy but I'm sure he would have settled down eventually.

Define usefull please.

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:23 pm

Apparently there's a loophole in German law. The systematic extermination of undesirables is still cool if you outsource it to an American.

Styles Bitchly

Post by Styles Bitchly » Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:31 pm

Looks like "Poop_Smear" also got the fatal goodbye kiss. Such a sad day in these parts. :cry:

steko

Post by steko » Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:32 pm

crumhorn wrote:BOO! The guy did no harm. He obviously got a bee in his bonnet about David's moderation policy but I'm sure he would have settled down eventually.

Yep, big BOO!!!

This has to be a bad joke. LSZ may been a cocky saucy loud mofo sometimes, but ain't a troll. David you're out of control!

Welcome to the lobotomised forum… :x :x :x :x
Rahad Jackson wrote:My Awesome Mix Tape #6

mikemc

Post by mikemc » Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:15 pm

^awesome .gif

as for LSZ, if it is a joke, it is passing funny. if it is true, well it was about time.

:P
UTENZIL a tool... of the muse.

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:08 pm

Ableton_David wrote:LoopStationZebra was banned after repeated requests to stop trolling behaviors.
Exactly what is a Lounge for if it's not for messing around and off topic nonsense? Trolling is something that needs a topic in order to shift off of, you can't troll in an off topic discussion, unless your definition of trolling is a personal one. So your recent code of behavior rewrites aren't going to cut it, you're going to have to tell us what you personally believe to be trolling behavior or we will simply live with the fear of banning for continuing to act the way we have on these forums for the last six or more years...
Live 8 with stability issues for months, new heavier handed moderation... I remember the Abes made a comment years ago about not wanting to use resources for moderation here, which would take away from $ for R&D.... :lol:

crumhorn

Post by crumhorn » Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:12 pm

Digital_Damage wrote:

Define usefull please.
Some of these posts for example. -> http://forum.ableton.com/search.php?key ... mit=Search

(Can't get that url to format properly after 5 attempts just copy and paste it)

Digital_Damage

Post by Digital_Damage » Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:25 pm

crumhorn wrote:
Digital_Damage wrote:

Define usefull please.
Some of these posts for example. -> http://forum.ableton.com/search.php?key ... mit=Search

(Can't get that url to format properly after 5 attempts just copy and paste it)
You mean the "usefull" post that are 10 months old?

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:34 pm

I think this is an obvious reaction from Ableton being pummeled with complaints about Live 8 for it's entire duration. Wedged in between those support emails they find complaints from people saying xxxx hurt their feelings on the forum or they find them annoying. That's the quickest bug fix ever. Just ban them and done.

And as has been said before, the people banned were intelligent (respectful?) enough to keep that questionable behavior to the lounge.

Regardless, no turning back. This place has become a big bore.

crumhorn

Post by crumhorn » Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:35 pm

Digital_Damage wrote: You mean the "usefull" post that are 10 months old?
Didn't check the dates I just remember him joining in threads like a normal person at one time.

over and out.

Hidden Driveways

Post by Hidden Driveways » Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:57 pm

The dream of Loop Station Zebra, with dancing amoebas, da da daa da da da and shimming lights...

aisling

Post by aisling » Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:45 pm

considering we have some new members the last few days, maybe he is still amongst us.
8O This whole banning thing makes me nervous.
http://soundcloud.com/aislingbeing

Live, Reason, Moog sub phatty, Moog sub 37, Ozone 6, guitars, Pedals, proper ergonomic sitting posture, french pressed coffee with a pinch of cardamon.

Digital_Damage

Post by Digital_Damage » Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:33 pm

beats me wrote:I think this is an obvious reaction from Ableton being pummeled with complaints about Live 8 for it's entire duration. Wedged in between those support emails they find complaints from people saying xxxx hurt their feelings on the forum or they find them annoying. That's the quickest bug fix ever. Just ban them and done.

And as has been said before, the people banned were intelligent (respectful?) enough to keep that questionable behavior to the lounge.

Regardless, no turning back. This place has become a big bore.
LoopStationZebra intelligent? Never seen those two words used in the post before.

john gordon

Post by john gordon » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:09 pm

dave,davey,david,douchebag...cmon man you need to relax a bit here.get out of the house a bit and mingle with some people or just take a walk guy..something tells me you may be just a little unstable right now and could use a little off... :|