Dr Dre uses Ableton on a HP Envy?

Discussion of anything not related to audio or music production
deepee

Dr Dre uses Ableton on a HP Envy?

Post by deepee » Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:49 pm

beats me

Re: Dr Dre uses Ableton on a HP Envy?

Post by beats me » Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:57 pm

I thought Dre has his own branded laptop, not sure of the manufacturer though and I can't youtube at work.

deepee

Post by deepee » Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:00 pm

Yes, it's the Envy 'Beats' edition. But does he really use it or just raking in the publicity cash?

anna log

Post by anna log » Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:05 pm

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:06 pm

deepee wrote:Yes, it's the Envy 'Beats' edition. But does he really use it or just raking in the publicity cash?
Both?

Who knows. Celebrities endorse all kinds of shit they don't use exclusively and a company like Apple sure as fuck isn't going to release something as tacky as a celebrity endorsed model.

JuanSOLO

Post by JuanSOLO » Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:43 pm

Funny how they walk past a shit ton of 2 inch tapes to go record on a laptop. LAME!

contakt321

Post by contakt321 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:47 pm

Hate to break it to you guys, but Dre has a real studio w/ a staff.

He has people in the studio every day to engineer, replay records, etc.

This is a cash grab.

(he might use that laptop to check in email in the studio)

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:59 pm

contakt321 wrote:Hate to break it to you guys, but Dre has a real studio w/ a staff.

He has people in the studio every day to engineer, replay records, etc.

This is a cash grab.

(he might use that laptop to check in email in the studio)
True that, but having not seen the video, don't you think he might use some kind of laptop for gigs? Or are old school Hip Hop artists also still holding on dearly to vinyl? If so he probably has his own vinyl press too.

Imagine being able to get a hold of pressed vinyl of instrumentals that were actually used by Hip Hop artists for their live shows. 8O

Styles Bitchly

Post by Styles Bitchly » Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:07 pm

I'm sick of seeing this Dr.Dre fool everywhere nowadays. Now HP has an ad on TV with this dimwit advertising some kind of subwoofer enabled laptop (imagine that). What a sellout. Not too long ago, that moron was selling drugs in the New Jersey projects and now look at him. Money for nothing. A talentless hack...another one of those hophop-beatz-loopz-turntable-samplerz twiddlers lookin like a fool wid his pantz on da ground. Bleh. :o

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:44 pm

Styles Bitchly wrote:I'm sick of seeing this Dr.Dre fool everywhere nowadays. Now HP has an ad on TV with this dimwit advertising some kind of subwoofer enabled laptop (imagine that). What a sellout. Not too long ago, that moron was selling drugs in the New Jersey projects and now look at him. Money for nothing. A talentless hack...another one of those hophop-beatz-loopz-turntable-samplerz twiddlers lookin like a fool wid his pantz on da ground. Bleh. :o
Ironically that would make a pretty good rap.

Styles Bitchly

Post by Styles Bitchly » Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:26 pm

beats me wrote:
Styles Bitchly wrote:I'm sick of seeing this Dr.Dre fool everywhere nowadays. Now HP has an ad on TV with this dimwit advertising some kind of subwoofer enabled laptop (imagine that). What a sellout. Not too long ago, that moron was selling drugs in the New Jersey projects and now look at him. Money for nothing. A talentless hack...another one of those hophop-beatz-loopz-turntable-samplerz twiddlers lookin like a fool wid his pantz on da ground. Bleh. :o
Ironically that would make a pretty good rap.
Yeah, you're right. I was thinkin of selling the rights to Jay-Z. :lol:

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:17 pm

Dre is from L.A. - Compton. He very often makes beats on a Korg Triton. His pants don't hang around his ass. He's older than that... Its kid shit. But he just called and said your momma's pants are hangin around hers.
LoopStationZebra wrote:it's like a hipster commie pinko manifesto. Rambling. Angry. Nearly divorced from all reality; yet strangely compelling with a ring of truth.

Styles Bitchly

Post by Styles Bitchly » Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:19 pm

H20nly wrote:
Dre is from L.A. - Compton. He very often makes beats on a Korg Triton. His pants don't hang around his ass. He's older than that... Its kid shit. But he just called and said your momma's pants are hangin around hers.
Hey water-head boy....STFU. :)

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:48 pm

:lol:

maybe one day when you've been making world famous tracks for over 20 years and others have also risen to fame on top of your beats, companies will offer you huge contracts to put your name on things... then, some fella on a forum will probably hate on you for it too... :P
LoopStationZebra wrote:it's like a hipster commie pinko manifesto. Rambling. Angry. Nearly divorced from all reality; yet strangely compelling with a ring of truth.

aisling

Post by aisling » Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:45 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: poop smear 4 da win.
http://soundcloud.com/aislingbeing

Live, Reason, Moog sub phatty, Moog sub 37, Ozone 6, guitars, Pedals, proper ergonomic sitting posture, french pressed coffee with a pinch of cardamon.