Rampant self-promotion: my new video show

Discussion of anything not related to audio or music production
Pitch Black
Posts: 6451
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2002 2:18 am
Location: Auckland New Zealand
Contact:

Rampant self-promotion: my new video show

Post by Pitch Black » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:41 am

Yowsa, here's some pics from my New Years Eve solo gig. Rear-projection screens and video content made by yours truly.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
RMBP i7 2.8GHz | OSX 10.14.6 | Live10.1.15 | Fireface800 | Push 2
https://soundcloud.com/paddyfree

madlab
Posts: 1382
Joined: Fri May 02, 2003 6:38 am
Location: France

Re: Rampant self-promotion: my new video show

Post by madlab » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:40 am

What did the music sound like ? like trippy lights ?
Aboard from V. 1
MBP 2.5 Ghz I7 16 Go SSD OSX 10.12
MBP 2.3 ghz I7 16 Go SSD + HD 10.8.5 iPad2+Mira+Lemur/PadKontrol/BCR2000/ Livid Code+DS1
RME FF UC Live 9.7.7 MFL Max 8 + Max 7.3.5
Madlab sound unit / objects, guitar, electronics / end_of_transmission

Pitch Black
Posts: 6451
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2002 2:18 am
Location: Auckland New Zealand
Contact:

Re: Rampant self-promotion: my new video show

Post by Pitch Black » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:07 am

madlab wrote:What did the music sound like ?
http://www.myspace.com/paddyfree :wink:

gjm
Posts: 3679
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:53 am

Re: Rampant self-promotion: my new video show

Post by gjm » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:41 am

Nice :D Where did you play?
iMac - 10.10.3 - Live 9 Suite - APC40 - Axiom 61 - TX81z - Firestudio Mobile - Focal Alpha 80's - Godin Session - Home made foot controller

Pitch Black
Posts: 6451
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2002 2:18 am
Location: Auckland New Zealand
Contact:

Re: Rampant self-promotion: my new video show

Post by Pitch Black » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:46 am

Cheers :) It was the Prana festival just out of Opoutere in the Coromandel.

gjm
Posts: 3679
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:53 am

Re: Rampant self-promotion: my new video show

Post by gjm » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:56 am

Pitch Black wrote:Cheers :) It was the Prana festival just out of Opoutere in the Coromandel.
Ahh... Have not heard of that one, must look it up! All the best for 2011. 8)
iMac - 10.10.3 - Live 9 Suite - APC40 - Axiom 61 - TX81z - Firestudio Mobile - Focal Alpha 80's - Godin Session - Home made foot controller

LoopStationZebra
Posts: 10586
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:57 pm
Contact:

Re: Rampant self-promotion: my new video show

Post by LoopStationZebra » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:29 pm

Paddy, there's only 2 words that come to mind with you. That ALWAYS come to mind:


ROCK STAR
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

Cryptic UK
Posts: 1505
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2005 11:51 pm

Re: Rampant self-promotion: my new video show

Post by Cryptic UK » Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:00 pm

I was hoping for porn
Drums

33tetragammon
Posts: 903
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:34 pm
Location: The Universe
Contact:

Re: Rampant self-promotion: my new video show

Post by 33tetragammon » Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:41 pm

Pitch Black wrote:
madlab wrote:What did the music sound like ?
http://www.myspace.com/paddyfree :wink:
man,that sounds so good,really digging that Earthly,chilled vibe.

yumm.........

beats me
Posts: 23319
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:39 pm

Re: Rampant self-promotion: my new video show

Post by beats me » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:05 pm

Paddy, do you ever wish you could go back in time to high school but do what you're doing now?

That would be epic.

Pitch Black
Posts: 6451
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2002 2:18 am
Location: Auckland New Zealand
Contact:

Re: Rampant self-promotion: my new video show

Post by Pitch Black » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:51 pm

LoopStationZebra wrote:Paddy, there's only 2 words that come to mind with you. That ALWAYS come to mind:

ROCK STAR
Loops, there's 2 words that come to mind with you. That ALWAYS come to mind:

ERNEST BORGNINE
beats me wrote:Paddy, do you ever wish you could go back in time to high school but do what you're doing now?

That would be epic.
I don't understand? If I hadn't been a geeky teenage virgin then, I wouldn't have had the motivation to do what I'm doing now... :D

LoopStationZebra
Posts: 10586
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:57 pm
Contact:

Re: Rampant self-promotion: my new video show

Post by LoopStationZebra » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:53 pm

Pitch Black wrote: Loops, there's 2 words that come to mind with you. That ALWAYS come to mind:

ERNEST BORGNINE


:lol:
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

beats me
Posts: 23319
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:39 pm

Re: Rampant self-promotion: my new video show

Post by beats me » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:00 pm

Pitch Black wrote:
beats me wrote:Paddy, do you ever wish you could go back in time to high school but do what you're doing now?

That would be epic.
I don't understand? If I hadn't been a geeky teenage virgin then, I wouldn't have had the motivation to do what I'm doing now... :D
Finally somebody has connected me getting laid in high school to an extremely low musical output in my later years.

Thanks and :x

mikemc
Posts: 5454
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2004 2:14 pm
Location: Maryland USA
Contact:

Re: Rampant self-promotion: my new video show

Post by mikemc » Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:18 am

beats me wrote:
Pitch Black wrote:
beats me wrote:Paddy, do you ever wish you could go back in time to high school but do what you're doing now?

That would be epic.
I don't understand? If I hadn't been a geeky teenage virgin then, I wouldn't have had the motivation to do what I'm doing now... :D
Finally somebody has connected me getting laid in high school to an extremely low musical output in my later years.

Thanks and :x
Oh yeh, go ahead, take PB's perfectly good rampant self-promotion thread and make it all about yourself! :x

mikemc
Posts: 5454
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2004 2:14 pm
Location: Maryland USA
Contact:

Re: Rampant self-promotion: my new video show

Post by mikemc » Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:54 pm

the pictures really are good, some cool things going on and i like the palette you chose.

An actual question: Was the mist from a machine, or was it just 'ambient' from the crowd? And what kind of projector(s) did you use, lumens and such?

Post Reply