Rampant self-promotion: my new video show

Discussion of anything not related to audio or music production
Pitch Black
Posts: 6451
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2002 2:18 am
Location: Auckland New Zealand
Contact:

Re: Rampant self-promotion: my new video show

Post by Pitch Black » Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:52 pm

mikemc wrote:An actual question: Was the mist from a machine, or was it just 'ambient' from the crowd? And what kind of projector(s) did you use, lumens and such?
It was a haze machine, (as opposed to a smoke machine - puts out a finer, constant mist rather than fuffing out clouds of smoke). Using one projector 3m behind me on the floor. It's an Optoma 2500 lumen short-throw (wide-angle) projector.

http://www.optoma.co.uk/projectordetail ... PC=EW533ST

The projected image is a single large 16x9 that hits both screens and the gap between. The screens are 16x9 turned on their ends, and all the content in the middle gap is specifically designed as high-contrast, to act as moving lighting.

As it was a festival, I was lucky to get a professional, sympathetic lighting tech who kept his movers mostly off the screens, and blasting forward into the audience as I requested. I still haven't quite worked out how to get enough localized light on me, I had two mini-par cans at my feet pointing up but they didn't do much. I'm thinking I might try threading a rope-light up the back of the keyboard stand (on my side, so the audience doesn't see it) and spreading it over the top of the keyboard.

beats me
Posts: 23319
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:39 pm

Re: Rampant self-promotion: my new video show

Post by beats me » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:12 pm

Pitch Black wrote:[ I'm thinking I might try threading a rope-light up the back of the keyboard stand (on my side, so the audience doesn't see it) and spreading it over the top of the keyboard.
http://www.igloledset.com/demos/

Pitch Black
Posts: 6451
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2002 2:18 am
Location: Auckland New Zealand
Contact:

Re: Rampant self-promotion: my new video show

Post by Pitch Black » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:22 pm

^^^ "DMX control coming soon"

I like, I like... :)

beats me
Posts: 23319
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:39 pm

Re: Rampant self-promotion: my new video show

Post by beats me » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:33 pm

Pitch Black wrote:^^^ "DMX control coming soon"

I like, I like... :)
There's currently a DMX control app for the iPad...but it's like $130 8O

LoopStationZebra
Posts: 10586
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:57 pm
Contact:

Re: Rampant self-promotion: my new video show

Post by LoopStationZebra » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:52 pm

Paddy, if you fly me out your way I'll be glad to hold a small LED flashlight for you. Free of charge, mate.

Free. Of. Charge.

*except for airfare, lodging, and all the whisky I can drink of course*
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

Pitch Black
Posts: 6451
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2002 2:18 am
Location: Auckland New Zealand
Contact:

Re: Rampant self-promotion: my new video show

Post by Pitch Black » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:38 pm

Sweet!

I'm really required by NZ employment law to offer this first to a natural-born NZ citizen, but if after an exhaustive search I haven't found anyone qualified, just send me a copy of your NZ work visa and you're on!

mikemc
Posts: 5454
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2004 2:14 pm
Location: Maryland USA
Contact:

Re: Rampant self-promotion: my new video show

Post by mikemc » Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:09 pm

^ :lol: :lol:

About the rope light type of approach, this stuff looks pretty cool.

http://www.lighttape.com/

LoopStationZebra
Posts: 10586
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:57 pm
Contact:

Re: Rampant self-promotion: my new video show

Post by LoopStationZebra » Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:24 pm

Pitch Black wrote:Sweet!

I'm really required by NZ employment law to offer this first to a natural-born NZ citizen, but if after an exhaustive search I haven't found anyone qualified, just send me a copy of your NZ work visa and you're on!

NICE.

Seeing as NZ is the land of Milk and Honey - where everyone is happy and gainfully employed - I'm going to start packing my bags now.

:D
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

mikemc
Posts: 5454
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2004 2:14 pm
Location: Maryland USA
Contact:

Re: Rampant self-promotion: my new video show

Post by mikemc » Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:28 pm

LoopStationZebra wrote:
Pitch Black wrote:Sweet!

I'm really required by NZ employment law to offer this first to a natural-born NZ citizen, but if after an exhaustive search I haven't found anyone qualified, just send me a copy of your NZ work visa and you're on!

NICE.

Seeing as NZ is the land of Milk and Honey - where everyone is happy and gainfully employed - I'm going to start packing my bags now.

:D
Um, he overlooked including the information that in order for a non-NZ citizen to gain an NZ employment visa you must be a) related to Maori royalty, or b) have at one time lived in NZ and written a world-renowned rock opera/movie or, c) be a sheep.

LoopStationZebra
Posts: 10586
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:57 pm
Contact:

Re: Rampant self-promotion: my new video show

Post by LoopStationZebra » Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:36 pm

:lol:



Baaaaa. Baaaaaaaaaa
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

Post Reply