@ LoopstationZebra and beatsme... seen this?

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
gjm

@ LoopstationZebra and beatsme... seen this?

Post by gjm » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:12 pm

iMac - 10.10.3 - Live 9 Suite - APC40 - Axiom 61 - TX81z - Firestudio Mobile - Focal Alpha 80's - Godin Session - Home made foot controller

pulsoc

Re: @ LoopstationZebra and beatsme... seen this?

Post by pulsoc » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:27 pm

I would like to be the first to say 8O

gjm

Post by gjm » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:30 pm

pulsoc wrote:I would like to be the first to say 8O
8O 8O Me too... This officially tips the scales for me...
iMac - 10.10.3 - Live 9 Suite - APC40 - Axiom 61 - TX81z - Firestudio Mobile - Focal Alpha 80's - Godin Session - Home made foot controller

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:40 pm

8O <-is there a way to make that bigger? I NEED IT TO BE BIGGER. :x

The question is how many app developers are going to adopt whatever handshake needs to be made to make that work with their app.

gjm

Post by gjm » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:00 pm

beats me wrote:8O <-is there a way to make that bigger? I NEED IT TO BE BIGGER. :x

The question is how many app developers are going to adopt whatever handshake needs to be made to make that work with their app.
... and how it may change the way developers choose to create their UI's. Its my understanding that Matt from Nanostudio is currently underway (or about to start) his iPad version. It will be interesting to see how he intergrates the TRG 16 with the 9 pads on the Akai. He's already signed on with the synthstation 25.

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:31 pm

Nanostudio on the iPad should be epic. I hope he ups the track count.

gjm

Post by gjm » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:47 pm

beats me wrote:Nanostudio on the iPad should be epic. I hope he ups the track count.
Blip Interactive wrote:It's definitely going to be a free universal update, with most likely a small in app purchase for more tracks/instruments.

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:52 pm

gjm wrote:
beats me wrote:Nanostudio on the iPad should be epic. I hope he ups the track count.
Blip Interactive wrote:It's definitely going to be a free universal update, with most likely a small in app purchase for more tracks/instruments.
Sweet. He's like the Urs (of u-he) of iPad development.

squelcht

Post by squelcht » Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:31 am

Shit is about to go DOWN people

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:58 am

*speechless*
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:15 am

gjm wrote:
beats me wrote:8O <-is there a way to make that bigger? I NEED IT TO BE BIGGER. :x

... and how it may change the way developers choose to create their UI's. Its my understanding that Matt from Nanostudio is currently underway (or about to start) his iPad version. It will be interesting to see how he intergrates the TRG 16 with the 9 pads on the Akai. He's already signed on with the synthstation 25.

Wait, the Akai spec says that it's CoreMIDI so that means that ANY app that takes advantage of CoreMIDI will be able to work with the keyboard. The question is, indeed, how many devs will get moving on the SDK so that all the pads and controls will be able to be used.

Nanostudio. meh. Went to the forum not too long ago and was appalled to see quite a few folks almost seeming to argue AGAINST an iPad version. :x Not necessary. Should be called something else. Should be set at a different price. Blah blah blah. wtf.

And the usual host of MIDI bullshit problems that other devs also don't give a shit about. No MIDI out. No clock sync. C'mon. :x

gjm

Post by gjm » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:28 am

LoopStationZebra wrote:Wait, the Akai spec says that it's CoreMIDI so that means that ANY app that takes advantage of CoreMIDI will be able to work with the keyboard. The question is, indeed, how many devs will get moving on the SDK so that all the pads and controls will be able to be used.

Nanostudio. meh. Went to the forum not too long ago and was appalled to see quite a few folks almost seeming to argue AGAINST an iPad version. :x Not necessary. Should be called something else. Should be set at a different price. Blah blah blah. wtf.

And the usual host of MIDI bullshit problems that other devs also don't give a shit about. No MIDI out. No clock sync. C'mon. :x
The developer gives the sense that his users have a good say in how NS develops. The iPad version is his first project of 2011. There is a lot of interest in the NS forum for an iPad version.

Early days though. Might actually mean more dev's pick up the ball to use the Synthstation than the current 1/2 doz or so, and the potential use for pads guiding or steering App UI's for clean or logical integration will be tempting.

There is no other details for the buttons etc. Obviously transport, but there are others, plus an encoder. Wonder if they are dedication to Akai's App or if Akai have done themselves a favor and thought a bit more universal when it comes to App control?

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:31 am

gjm wrote:
LoopStationZebra wrote:Wait, the Akai spec says that it's CoreMIDI so that means that ANY app that takes advantage of CoreMIDI will be able to work with the keyboard. The question is, indeed, how many devs will get moving on the SDK so that all the pads and controls will be able to be used.

The developer gives the sense that his users have a good say in how NS develops. The iPad version is his first project of 2011. There is a lot of interest in the NS forum for an iPad version.

Early days though. Might actually mean more dev's pick up the ball to use the Synthstation than the current 1/2 doz or so, and the potential use for pads guiding or steering App UI's for clean or logical integration will be tempting.

There is no other details for the buttons etc. Obviously transport, but there are others, plus an encoder. Wonder if they are dedication to Akai's App or if Akai have done themselves a favor and thought a bit more universal when it comes to App control?

Maybe I need to skim that forum again, but man it sure seemed like a lot of users were very *meh* over an iPad version. Weird. It seems like a great app, heard lots of good things, but.....if there's an iPad version, it's got FULL MIDI support and clock sync, I'll buy.

icedsushi

Post by icedsushi » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:48 am

I don't get the point of this thing. It's like 3 times bigger than a laptop & midi controller together which kinda defeats the portability of the iPad making it big & clunky, yet not a system for full blown apps. It takes up a lot of space for what it does.

I'd rather seen them come out with an MPC500 style controller, solid, thinner & just a tad smaller than it's cousin, with a dock cable connector & software integration. It could be the mini-me of Maschine. Mini Maschine for iPhone & iPad. PortaBeatsZ on the go with a touchscreen. Now we're talking! But no PortaBeatZ...just the PottySeatZ for iPad. A place for your iPad to sit, & then dump.

PottySeatZ for iPad will be forgotten in 2 years when Apple inevitably changes the size/shape of iPad, rendering it obsolete, to the land fill or as a challenge project for circuit benders.

People will also be fed up when they try to bring it to the bathroom & have to cut it in one octave pieces to get it through the door & the toilet doesn't have a midi port or AC adapter built in.

Blue Monster 65

Post by Blue Monster 65 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:02 am

I dunno - I enjoy my SS25 for what it is, but it would be a whole lot more usable with full-size keys.

And an iPad.