I'd sell you all to the Gypsies for this new iPad accessory

Discussion of anything not related to audio or music production
LoopStationZebra
Posts: 10586
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:57 pm
Contact:

I'd sell you all to the Gypsies for this new iPad accessory

Post by LoopStationZebra » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:51 pm

Oh, these are the days of wine and roses indeed for my fellow iPad music app aficionados. This was just announced today:

Alesis StudioDock
http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2011/ ... rkstation/

Image

It's got MIDI 5pin and USB and footswitch jack and XLR (!) and 1/4 jacks and God Knows What Else.

*weeping at this point*

I cannot buy one of these fast enough.

:x


tnx to gjm for the heads up on this. :P
Last edited by LoopStationZebra on Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

beats me
Posts: 23319
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:39 pm

Re: I'd sell you all to the Gypsies for this new iPad accessory

Post by beats me » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:04 pm

I DON'T CARE. THE IPAD IS STILL JUST A TOY ON PAR WITH THE AIR FORCES' F-22 RAPTOR FIGHTER JET. NOTHING ON THERE I COULDN'T PULL OFF WITH JUST A SLINGSHOT AND SOME MARBLES!! :x :x

martinkellogs
Posts: 355
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:56 pm

Re: I'd sell you all to the Gypsies for this new iPad accessory

Post by martinkellogs » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:29 pm

XLR... is it phantom power? if you say yes. you said yes. if you say no, well there's a great betty crocker newsletter on the way.

mikemc
Posts: 5454
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2004 2:14 pm
Location: Maryland USA
Contact:

Re: I'd sell you all to the Gypsies for this new iPad accessory

Post by mikemc » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:57 pm

"Pricing and availability are to be announced."

What price will loops pay?

beats me
Posts: 23319
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:39 pm

Re: I'd sell you all to the Gypsies for this new iPad accessory

Post by beats me » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:03 pm

mikemc wrote:"Pricing and availability are to be announced."

What price will loops pay?

He'll pay any price and it needs it's own chapter in his final analysis report volume 1.

gjm
Posts: 3679
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:53 am

Re: I'd sell you all to the Gypsies for this new iPad accessory

Post by gjm » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:11 pm

Rounding out the StudioDock’s output section is a composite video connector, enabling users to employ the StudioDock as a source for video projection behind bands on stage
Multi tasking Audio and Video apps. (I know I said it in the other thread, but I LOVE this idea).
iMac - 10.10.3 - Live 9 Suite - APC40 - Axiom 61 - TX81z - Firestudio Mobile - Focal Alpha 80's - Godin Session - Home made foot controller

8O
Posts: 5502
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:29 am
Location: Berlin

Re: I'd sell you all to the Gypsies for this new iPad accessory

Post by 8O » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:20 pm

gjm wrote:
Rounding out the StudioDock’s output section is a composite video connector, enabling users to employ the StudioDock as a source for video projection behind bands on stage
Multi tasking Audio and Video apps. (I know I said it in the other thread, but I LOVE this idea).
I'd guess that it's just the same as the current iPad video out cable. Meaning that apps still have to support video out (mirroring of the whole screen isn't a given). But, that Apple cable is too flimsy for live use without loads of duct tape, so that dock would be a great improvement...
Image

Da hand
Posts: 1649
Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2003 8:38 pm
Location: Montreal, Canada

Re: I'd sell you all to the Gypsies for this new iPad accessory

Post by Da hand » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:29 pm

Wait a minute, isn't this a product by Alesis and not AKAI?

http://www.alesis.com/studiodock

gjm
Posts: 3679
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:53 am

Re: I'd sell you all to the Gypsies for this new iPad accessory

Post by gjm » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:32 pm

Da hand wrote:Wait a minute, isn't this a product by Alesis and not AKAI?

http://www.alesis.com/studiodock
Yes
iMac - 10.10.3 - Live 9 Suite - APC40 - Axiom 61 - TX81z - Firestudio Mobile - Focal Alpha 80's - Godin Session - Home made foot controller

gjm
Posts: 3679
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:53 am

Re: I'd sell you all to the Gypsies for this new iPad accessory

Post by gjm » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:33 pm

8O wrote:
gjm wrote:
Rounding out the StudioDock’s output section is a composite video connector, enabling users to employ the StudioDock as a source for video projection behind bands on stage
Multi tasking Audio and Video apps. (I know I said it in the other thread, but I LOVE this idea).
I'd guess that it's just the same as the current iPad video out cable. Meaning that apps still have to support video out (mirroring of the whole screen isn't a given). But, that Apple cable is too flimsy for live use without loads of duct tape, so that dock would be a great improvement...

Hehe... i do not have an iPad so I have no idea what people are doing with video... I am in a severe state of gear lust though.
iMac - 10.10.3 - Live 9 Suite - APC40 - Axiom 61 - TX81z - Firestudio Mobile - Focal Alpha 80's - Godin Session - Home made foot controller

Homebelly
Posts: 2887
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:52 pm
Location: Aotearoa New Zealand
Contact:

Re: I'd sell you all to the Gypsies for this new iPad accessory

Post by Homebelly » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:49 pm

What will happen if the iPad 2 comes out and has a slightly diferent form factor?
How is that gonna jib with all of these hardware devices with built in docking?
15" 2.4 MBP/Live/Sampler/Operator/ Home made Dumble clone/Two Strats/One Jazz Bass.
Come and visit any time= Soundcloud

oblique strategies
Posts: 3580
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:57 pm
Location: Another Green World

Re: I'd sell you all to the Gypsies for this new iPad accessory

Post by oblique strategies » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:54 pm

Homebelly wrote:What will happen if the iPad 2 comes out and has a slightly diferent form factor?
How is that gonna jib with all of these hardware devices with built in docking?
Just what I was thinking :lol:

iPad 2 rumored to arrive April 2 or 9:
http://www.macrumors.com/2011/01/13/nex ... nd-or-9th/

This iPad item is very nice too:
Akai SynthStation49:
http://www.akaipro.com/synthstation49
http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php? ... hstation49
Image

stringtapper
Posts: 6276
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2004 6:21 pm

Re: I'd sell you all to the Gypsies for this new iPad accessory

Post by stringtapper » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:04 am

Homebelly wrote:What will happen if the iPad 2 comes out and has a slightly diferent form factor?
How is that gonna jib with all of these hardware devices with built in docking?
What will happen? We will use the old iPad as an effects rack and use the new one as a Live controller right next to it.
Unsound Designer

LoopStationZebra
Posts: 10586
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:57 pm
Contact:

Re: I'd sell you all to the Gypsies for this new iPad accessory

Post by LoopStationZebra » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:20 am

martinkellogs wrote:XLR... is it phantom power? if you say yes. you said yes. if you say no, well there's a great betty crocker newsletter on the way.

It's phantom power, you freak. :lol:
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

LoopStationZebra
Posts: 10586
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:57 pm
Contact:

Re: I'd sell you all to the Gypsies for this new iPad accessory

Post by LoopStationZebra » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:21 am

stringtapper wrote:
Homebelly wrote:What will happen if the iPad 2 comes out and has a slightly diferent form factor?
How is that gonna jib with all of these hardware devices with built in docking?
What will happen? We will use the old iPad as an effects rack and use the new one as a Live controller right next to it.

:x :x :x :x :x :x :x :lol:

That FX rack will no doubt incorporate that Moog Filter app.

:twisted:
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

Post Reply