Tacos

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
martinkellogs

Re: Tacos

Post by martinkellogs » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:03 pm

tamales are way better.
with tapatio poured all over it is the bomb.

Styles Bitchly

Post by Styles Bitchly » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:05 pm

I don't know but do you realize that if you had ended your moniker with an "o" instead of a "u", it would have ended in "taco". Perhaps this is a subliminal sign of some type. :o
scutheotaku wrote:Why are they so good? I mean, really - whether from an authentic Mexican restaurant, an upscale TexMex restaurant, a local diner, Taco Bell, or made at home, tacos are awesome.

Who would of thought, just take some meat or beans (at minimum), throw it in between a tortilla, and you have magic.

I really like tacos.

Also, has anybody here tried Cholula hot sauce ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cholula_Hot_Sauce )? It is sooooo good my brain explodes.

I really really like tacos.

Why am I posting this here?

EDIT : Oh, another question - do you Europeans (and inhabitants of other "Old World" continents) know tacos? I mean, I'm sure you know what they are, but how common are they in your country? I think Spain has something similar (I think they have tortillas of some sort also)...tacos.

Styles Bitchly

Post by Styles Bitchly » Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:45 pm

There's probably a more fundamental yet profound realization about the basic modern taco. Taco Bell has managed to take and morph 7 basic ingredients into a myriad of menu items with cute little Spanish-TexMex names worth billions in sales. Scientific studies have shown that roughly 35% of all raw sewage treated in the U.S. originates from Taco Bell drive-thru. :o 8O

shuutobi

Post by shuutobi » Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:05 am

scutheotaku wrote:
Styles Bitchly wrote:There's probably a more fundamental yet profound realization about the basic modern taco. Taco Bell has managed to take and morph 7 basic ingredients into a myriad of menu items with cute little Spanish-TexMex names worth billions in sales. Scientific studies have shown that roughly 35% of all raw sewage treated in the U.S. originates from Taco Bell drive-thru. :o 8O
Yeah, but Taco Bell is awesome. And really, it's probably one of the healthiest fast food places out there (especially with their Fresca [or is it Fresco?] menu) - though everything in moderation :)
I wouldn't call Taco Bell "Healthy," although you can eat somewhat "health neutral" there...

p.s.
Their beef is 36% beef... :(
http://www.kold.com/Global/story.asp?S=13887418

p.s.s.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydJ1hJ31UWY

beats me

Post by beats me » Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:19 pm

Here's the $5,000 hooker of nachos

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/rach ... index.html

Better have a good half dozen people to help you eat if though. It's massive. It says to use a large plate. We ended up using a large cookie sheet and that almost didn't cut it. 8O

Oh, and minus the melted cheese and chips you could easily pack the ingredients into a tortilla for an excellent taco or burrito.

beats me

Post by beats me » Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:07 am

scutheotaku wrote:
beats me wrote:Here's the $5,000 hooker of nachos

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/rach ... index.html

Better have a good half dozen people to help you eat if though. It's massive. It says to use a large plate. We ended up using a large cookie sheet and that almost didn't cut it. 8O

Oh, and minus the melted cheese and chips you could easily pack the ingredients into a tortilla for an excellent taco or burrito.
That does sound good! Though so does pretty much every other Rachael Ray recipe, haha
She is the Tiesto of cooking. :x

Cezband

Post by Cezband » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:36 am

As a British guy, I know of Tacos only from exposure to American culture (people talking about them in films etc). Never had one, although there is an awesome Burrito shop which opened in Oxford recently. It's ace.

I remember watching Demolition Man as a kid and that whole joke where Taco Bell is this classy restaurant that everyone rich goes to went straight over my head. :?
Live 7.0.18 | Axiom 61 | Launchpad | Homous | Nanokontrol | Saffire 6 | Ibanez Jazzmaster Bass | Biscuits
Soundcloud (solo stuff) | One Gear Go (my band)

ollyb303

Post by ollyb303 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:02 am

As another British guy, I eat tacos regularly - we usually make our own - my kids love to build them themselves at the table, definitely a family favourite.
.:O:B:1:.
ob1techno.com

Styles Bitchly

Post by Styles Bitchly » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:23 am

You guys DO understand what the original taco was modeled after, correct? :o

Guff Tong

Post by Guff Tong » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:35 am

....here in the UK, lorry (truck) drivers use taco's to keep check on how many hours they've been driving.

UK supermarkets continue to get most Tex Mex named incorrectly;

Tacos: hard baked tortilla wraps..

Soft tortilla wraps are sold as 'soft tortillas'. (no shit)

....mainly by this outfit called 'Old El Paso' with a full, also probably incorrectly named Mexican ready meal range.

Tastes like rubbish (trash, garbage etc..).

USA, Help! ... we need some Tex Mex education, pronto!

Any real recipe recommendations would be great!

sporkles

Post by sporkles » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:28 pm

scutheotaku wrote: EDIT : Oh, another question - do you Europeans (and inhabitants of other "Old World" continents) know tacos? I mean, I'm sure you know what they are, but how common are they in your country? I think Spain has something similar (I think they have tortillas of some sort also)...tacos.
On behalf of Europe: no, we've never heard of these "tacos" of which you speak so highly! But we are inquisitive
minds, perpetual knowledge seekers, as it were, and we're absolutely dying to learn of the tacos! Also, could
you give us an update on "hamburgers" and "brownies" - are they something we should consider in the old world?

Cezband

Post by Cezband » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:32 pm

I had a twinkie over christmas and to be honest I felt it was a little overrated. American movies make it seem like it's some sort of god-snack made out of unicorn-tears and hand-crafted by mermaids or something.

But yeah, tacos. I'd eat one :mrgreen:

I'm hungry now.
Live 7.0.18 | Axiom 61 | Launchpad | Homous | Nanokontrol | Saffire 6 | Ibanez Jazzmaster Bass | Biscuits
Soundcloud (solo stuff) | One Gear Go (my band)

beats me

Post by beats me » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:43 pm

scutheotaku wrote:
beats me wrote: She is the Tiesto of cooking. :x
Not a Tiesto fan, but haha
I'm not either, thus the :x

razorblade

Post by razorblade » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:58 pm

Just so ya know..If there is Ground Beef, Cheddar cheese, and some perfect premolded, crunchy cornchip-like substrata involved - you have been mislead.

That is not a taco.

These are tacos...

No...I am 3phase!

Guff Tong

Post by Guff Tong » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:46 pm

^ That looks like real food to me!

Way better than the shite we have in uk supermarkets!!:

http://www.oldelpaso.co.uk/mexican-reci ... 4QodxWTVGg

googling 'proper' taco recipes now...

v- hungry now :(