a film i made of music i made on a plane

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
Forge.

Re: a film i made of music i made on a plane

Post by Forge. » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:34 pm

slatepipe wrote:
abletontrainer.com wrote:nice one!

dutifully blogged! http://www.abletontrainer.com/?p=290
8)

oddly enough I was just listening to 'Tricky' after all these years out of the blue... all you need is a depressed and slightly unhinged spoken word vocalist over it and you're there! :D

Maybe chuck in the odd bit of Neneh Cherry to top it off.... :wink:

hey feller - how are you? craig isnt it? if i remember rightly...

hmm...a slightly unhinged spoken word vocalist you say? that's kind of what i aim for when i open my mouth on some of my other tracks

neneh cherry lives round my way, not that i personally know her or anything, but ive seen her in the street a couple of times. i tend to rope the missus in to do vocal bits now and then though

thanks for the blog thing - much appreciated

if ever you're in london again - give a call
hey mate, yes craig is right! will do - my folks live in the East end so it's not totally in the realm of fiction I might make it back at some point!

I was meaning "tricky" with the unhinged vocals - it felt like a strange co-incidence I had been listening to Tricky then listened to that because it felt like it fit so well... was just meaning if it had his vocals over it it probably would have sounded just like something he would have done.... and he worked with Neneh cherry a couple of times.....

slatepipe

Re: a film i made of music i made on a plane

Post by slatepipe » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:10 pm

heheh, yeah i seen tricky about 4 times in the past - love him