Zeitgeist the movie (would be mandatory viewing if up 2 me)

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
The Phat Conductor

Zeitgeist the movie (would be mandatory viewing if up 2 me)

Post by The Phat Conductor » Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:48 am

Zeitgeist the movie (would be mandatory viewing if i was in charge)
http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

caught this one in calgary over the weekend. totally incredible. the amount of love that went into this production is really mind blowing. excellent presentation style, and MASSIVE amounts of really hard to find source material.

even if you're not a 'conspiracy theorist' or whatever, the opening salvo against organized religion is just awesome.

if you like it, please forward it on.

if you don't like it, or want to rip on me for posting this, well then go ahead, but it's nothing i haven't heard before so you're really just wasting your time.
ill gates aka the phat conductor
producer, performer + ableton/music teacher

http://www.illgates.com

timothyallan

Post by timothyallan » Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:02 am

gotta do it.

ahlstrominfo

Post by ahlstrominfo » Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:04 am

I was blind... but now I can see.
My old signature was pretty stupid, so I changed it to this one.

nowtime

Post by nowtime » Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:58 am

I've heard elsewhere that this is a terribly important film and EVERYONE needs to see it. I look forward to getting to a hi-speed connection and watching it.

zstowasser

Post by zstowasser » Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:25 am

I also agree that this should be mandatory viewing!

WOW WOW WOW, OMG OMG OMG, FUCK FUCK FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The first part on religion was eye opening, I've always had suspicions. the research is amazing.

The second part on the wars of the world and the people behind it was put together beautifully, I've seen many documentaries and movies on the subject and it was still enlightening and touched me greatly.

The third part on where we are going and where we can be going was incredibly moving, I was extremely angry and ended up bursting into rage and crying , feeling and thinking of all the death, anger, pain and slavery we have caused and are continuing to carry out.

The world is a beautiful and magical place.. let's do something about this!!!

I'm going to spread the message as far as I can, I've got to, It feels right. I'd feel selfish to go back to living for escape from reality. I want to embrace reality and the beauty of the universe and resist oppression!

for constructive criticism on this movie to help spread the message, the first part is setup for preaching to the choir with an explosive start (the bullshit story), rather than starting with the facts about religion.
Zachary Stowasser & Stillwater Records - www.stillwaterrecords.com - www.myspace.com/zstowasser - feel good electronica - Info Patriots - sharing the truth - www.infopatriots.org

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:43 pm

Nice movie.

Funny how everything boils down to the wise words of Bill Hicks, George Carlin and many other people who've been saying the same for years.

zstowasser

there is hope

Post by zstowasser » Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:53 pm

The human race is amazing and we'll get through this. I just watched a movie about monatomic elements and it has more links between egyptians and christians! this gives me so much hope, we can do so much as a species ("warp" drive space travel, teleportation, healing cancer, etc). we can't give up and let the evil people squash us!!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 9837442911
Zachary Stowasser & Stillwater Records - www.stillwaterrecords.com - www.myspace.com/zstowasser - feel good electronica - Info Patriots - sharing the truth - www.infopatriots.org

3dot...

Post by 3dot... » Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:03 pm

...inspiring...! amazing work!

amigo

Post by amigo » Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:04 pm

Wow, very interesting and something I'm going to pass onto all of my friends to watch.

3dot...

Post by 3dot... » Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:11 pm

I always knew Live was put out there by....
THE MAN ...trying to manipulate me from seeing the big picture...

Fizmarble

Post by Fizmarble » Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:03 pm

I was interested in seeing it until someone who liked the movie said that the words of Bill Hicks were wise. Oh well, saved me whatever time the movie would have wasted.

I do wonder though if some of you know the difference between organized religion and people gathering to worship at the same time and at the same place.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:08 pm

Fizmarble wrote:I was interested in seeing it until someone who liked the movie said that the words of Bill Hicks were wise. Oh well, saved me whatever time the movie would have wasted.
lame.
I do wonder though if some of you know the difference between organized religion and people gathering to worship at the same time and at the same place.
The silly hats?
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

Fizmarble

Post by Fizmarble » Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:17 pm

Tone Deft wrote:
Fizmarble wrote:I was interested in seeing it until someone who liked the movie said that the words of Bill Hicks were wise. Oh well, saved me whatever time the movie would have wasted.
lame.
The silly hats?
I don't know what the silly hats are but Jesus is Lord of all, and I live my life accordingly. May God bless you by presenting you with the truth in a way that you may accept it and know it.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:32 pm

Fizmarble wrote:I don't know what the silly hats are but Jesus is Lord of all, and I live my life accordingly. May God bless you by presenting you with the truth in a way that you may accept it and know it.
All respect, freedom of religion. Thank you for the kind sentiment. I happen to be an atheist, I came to this by way of Jesus, I'm much happier now.

I might suggest you watch the first segment of this, discusses the ancient roots and similarities of religions throughout the ages. I'm on the second segment, dunno if you'd dig it.

Silly hats:
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

Nod

Post by Nod » Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:37 pm

Fizmarble wrote:I was interested in seeing it until someone who liked the movie said that the words of Bill Hicks were wise.
'It's just a ride, and we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings and money, a choice, right now, between fear and love. The eyes of fear want you to put bigger locks on your door, buy guns, close yourself off. The eyes of love instead see all of us as one. I'm gonna share with you a vision that I had, cause I love you. And you feel it. You know all that money we spend on nuclear weapons and defence each year, trillions of dollars, correct? Instead... just play with this... if we spent that money feeding and clothing the poor of the world, and it would pay for it many times over, not one human being excluded and we can explore space together, both inner and outer, forever, in peace. Thank you very much you've been great, I hope you enjoyed it...' - Bill Hicks