Zeitgeist the movie (would be mandatory viewing if up 2 me)

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
LoopStationZebra

Re: Zeitgeist the movie (would be mandatory viewing if up 2 me)

Post by LoopStationZebra » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:59 pm

LoopStationZebra wrote:And we all know that government documents, and accounts therein, never EVER lie or distort the facts or leave out entire swaths of information in order to suit the political needs of the authors and recipients.

:lol:

THERE ARE WMDS! THERE ARE WMDS! <---said at least a zillion government officials on both sides of the aisle and across governments.

WMDS!

Jesus is stirring up trouble amongst the natives. The local Roman leadership, tasked with getting that under control, isn't doing their job. He's still out there spreading hate for the Roman Empire.

Translation from local leadership: "Dear Sirs in Rome: Everything is going great. Jesus is a Myth. Not to worry."

I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:11 pm

Jesus the Rock Star is getting a lot of attention and pissing off the Jewish Leadership. He's a serious threat to the Status Quo. Thus:

Letter from a Jewish Priest in Bethany to a Pharisees Leader:
"Say, I've been hearing about that Rabble Rouser, Jesus. What are you doing to squash this bug?"

Response from Pharisees Leader who's just DYING to rise a bit higher in the local leadership council:
"Who?"

Original letter quickly burned.

steko

Post by steko » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:01 pm

Rahad Jackson wrote:My Awesome Mix Tape #6

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:58 pm

we're done here.
LoopStationZebra wrote:it's like a hipster commie pinko manifesto. Rambling. Angry. Nearly divorced from all reality; yet strangely compelling with a ring of truth.

AceLuby

Post by AceLuby » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:39 pm

LoopStationZebra wrote:And we all know that government documents, and accounts therein, never EVER lie or distort the facts or leave out entire swaths of information in order to suit the political needs of the authors and recipients.

Last post I swear, but tell me this, do you believe the apostles did not exist as well? Because there is quite a bit of documentation stating that they did, and died as martyrs. Why do that for someone that isn't real? Even if you believe they didn't exist, why would the jews, romans, and eventually christians and greeks all write about him? I would understand your point if it was a single govt, but your disregarding multiple sources simply because you want to keep your conspiracy theory.
levimoniz wrote:yes i'm a hypocrite and not intelligent

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:53 pm

AceLuby wrote:

Last post I swear, but tell me this, do you believe the apostles did not exist as well? Because there is quite a bit of documentation stating that they did, and died as martyrs. Why do that for someone that isn't real? Even if you believe they didn't exist, why would the jews, romans, and eventually christians and greeks all write about him? I would understand your point if it was a single govt, but your disregarding multiple sources simply because you want to keep your conspiracy theory.
*psst*

…he was being sarcastic…
Unsound Designer

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:05 pm

Seriously, with a smattering of schizophrenia and a dusting of Robin Hood complex, this guy would have been considered Jesus son of God 2000 years ago.

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:45 pm

stringtapper wrote:
AceLuby wrote:

*psst*

…he was being sarcastic…
THIS.

stringT, you know me all too well. :x

Homebelly

Post by Homebelly » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:26 pm

LoopStationZebra wrote:[quote="stringtapper
*psst*

…he was being sarcastic…
THIS.

stringT, you know me all too well. :x[/quote]
Its a stick thing.. :wink:
15" 2.4 MBP/Live/Sampler/Operator/ Home made Dumble clone/Two Strats/One Jazz Bass.
Come and visit any time= Soundcloud

Forge.

Post by Forge. » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:12 am

I thought all the stuff about Jesus being a sun god like all the others was interesting and I don't think it necessarily denied that there was someone called Jesus, it's just all the other "embellishment" about turning water into wine, walking on water and stuff that already existed in other myths that I think was in dispute in Zeitgeist. I think I heard him once say "maybe never even existed" but it wasn't the whole premise of it, and it certainly wasn't the point he was trying to make. It was meant to be taken into the context of the film as a whole, which was primarily about abuse of power by myth and manipulation.

Actually from a spiritual point of view I felt that it didn't do anything at all to disprove that there is some kind of "god" or whatever, it just showed there are a lot more common themes among the religions than people realise. All religions are different paths to the one "god" (although I hate the word "god" because it's misleading after so many years of abuse by loonies.)

Personally the controlled demolition aspect of 911 and the evidence of thermite etc was pretty compelling and on the day it happened I felt like it didn't make any sense at all.. It was when they tried to claim that they found a passport of one of the terrorists in the wreckage, after the 2 biggest buildings in New york had just collapsed, when I really thought, they really think we are stupid enough to fall for this hook, line and sinker..... then some shit about a 'how to fly a plane video and a koran being found in some guy's car.... there was a lot of really dubious shit being thrown around.... that whole thing never sat easy with me long before I watched this movie. This just made me more sure.

Thing is, we know that war is good for the money men. We also know that there were things about the creations of the previous wars that were based on lies and misinformation..... and look at the result of the Iraq war... it seems obvious NOW that it was all bullshit and there was no justification for it, and there is no way those who started it didn't know that. We also know that they couldn't have got away with it without some kind of big pearl harbour type attack. I think you only have to join the dots on that one.

But at the same time I take the typical western indoctrinated view that there is fuck all we can do about it so we might as well just make music.

[/worlds problems solved for today]

jsmorrison55

Post by jsmorrison55 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:25 am

it's mandatory if everyone grew up like you, or me.
but we have a flawed system that shaped your mind from date of birth until you have the moral obligation to take care of your own self. then again, if we are, raised as the Zeitgeist would, then we'd be outcasts to everything that our flawed system has prepared for us. might as well not live at all, or have full seclusion of one's self.

good luck with that. i choose to live and control which ever things i can control.
myself.
family.
friends.

Emissary

Post by Emissary » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:08 am

From the FAQ

1) HOW DID "ZEITGEIST: THE MOVIE" COME TO BE?
The original Zeitgeist was actually not a "film", but a performance piece, which consisted of a vaudevillian style multi-media event using recorded music, live instruments and video. The event was given over a 6-night period in New York City and then, without any interest to professionally release or produce the work, was "tossed" up on the Internet arbitrarily. The work was never designed as a film or even a documentary in a traditional sense - it was designed as a creative, provoking, emotionally driven expression, full of artistic extremity and heavily stylized gestures.
However, once online, an unexpected flood of interest began to generate. Within 6 months over 50 Million views were recorded on Google Video counters (before they were reset for some reason). The current combined estimates put the number of Internet views at over 100 million as of 2009. Suddenly "Zeitgeist" the event, became "Zeitgeist: The Movie".

5) SOME SAY THE FILM ATTACKS "CHRISTIANS"... IS THIS TRUE?
This is just information. The idea it is an "attack" is a projection. People often choose to be attacked/offended when they hear information they do not like, even though it has nothing to do with them directly. The information itself is neutral. Also, many don't seem to realize that their ideology is not "them". It is simply what they have been taught. So, to say the film is attacking "Christians" or any group is about as absurd as saying the film attacks people with baseball caps. "Christians", or any group for that matter, have nothing to do with anything here. To discuss a religious theology or other dataset is not to discuss those who believe in or follow it.
Also, if you don't like what you hear or see, you can make the choice not to see or hear it. No one is being held down with his or her eyes propped open and forced to watch this movie. If you don't like it - turn it off.

Sadly, propagandists against the project use this idea that the film "attacks" a group in order to try and manipulate others into not thinking critically about the information and hence push a bias. The same kind of propaganda has materialized where the project has been called "new world order", "satanic" "Marxist" and other irrational, thoughtless distinctions not worth bringing up.

cmcpress

Post by cmcpress » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:43 pm

abletontrainer.com wrote:But at the same time I take the typical western indoctrinated view that there is fuck all we can do about it so we might as well just make music.
I bet you Mubarak wished the Egyptian people thought like that too.

cmcpress

Post by cmcpress » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:48 pm

AceLuby wrote:Even if you believe they didn't exist, why would the jews, romans, and eventually christians and greeks all write about him?
Loads of people from different nations / belief systems write star wars fan fiction too.

*cut to 2,000 years from now*

preacher wearing gold leader helmet: All hail almighty Luke, saviour of the universe for lo! he doth battle the evil Lord Vader

Flock: Hoh-Pah!