Akai MPK25 Question

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
Alibra

Akai MPK25 Question

Post by Alibra » Sun May 08, 2011 3:44 am

Hi All,

I have a music hardware question non Ableton related but i'm posting in the lounge to avoid a public beheading =) So this is my problem. The MPK25 has 12 pads with 4 banks (A, B, C, and D) however, when I switch to my other banks, I can see that i've switched banks but I don't get blank pads, the pads are still the same. All of my sounds from bank A are audible when i press the pads even though I'm in bank B (or any other bank). I've read my manual over and over but I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Can anyone out there tell me what i'm doing wrong?
Calvinalibra
APC40 + Push + Apogee Duet 2
Ableton + Maschine
To Self: Learn the equipment you have before you spend a bunch of money on new stuff. New equipment doesn't make you better <-- not working out for me.

The Leveller

Re: Akai MPK25 Question

Post by The Leveller » Sun May 08, 2011 7:44 am

I can't remember how I set mine up now, but I think you have to go in and change the midi note that each pad sends on each bank. This is quite handy though as you can set it up for drum racks most popular note destinations, or impulse on one bank etc.

Alibra

Re: Akai MPK25 Question

Post by Alibra » Sun May 08, 2011 5:02 pm

The Leveller wrote:I can't remember how I set mine up now, but I think you have to go in and change the midi note that each pad sends on each bank. This is quite handy though as you can set it up for drum racks most popular note destinations, or impulse on one bank etc.
I think you're right. I noticed the MIDI channel changes, but the actual notes are all the same. I'll try changing that and see what happens. Thanks a lot for the response.
Calvinalibra
APC40 + Push + Apogee Duet 2
Ableton + Maschine
To Self: Learn the equipment you have before you spend a bunch of money on new stuff. New equipment doesn't make you better <-- not working out for me.