Roger Waters joined by Dave Gilmour at the O2 arena

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
vicz

Roger Waters joined by Dave Gilmour at the O2 arena

Post by vicz » Fri May 13, 2011 1:02 pm

Roger Waters joined by Dave Gilmour and later Nick Mason during Waters Wall concert at the O2 arena in London last night. The Crowd went wild, as you would expect http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2s6P2pkXpG0 what a moment ! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTHX6VsU2ZA

crumhorn

Re: Roger Waters joined by Dave Gilmour at the O2 arena

Post by crumhorn » Fri May 13, 2011 2:20 pm

were you there?

Remember seeing Roger Waters at Glasto some years back. It was awesome, quadraphonic alarm clocks, the works!
"The banjo is the perfect instrument for the antisocial."

(Allow me to plug my guitar scale visualiser thingy - www.fretlearner.com)

The Leveller

Post by The Leveller » Fri May 13, 2011 3:00 pm

Funny review in the Gruaniad t'other day:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2011/ma ... NTCMP=SRCH

vicz

Post by vicz » Fri May 13, 2011 6:40 pm

crumhorn wrote:were you there?

Remember seeing Roger Waters at Glasto some years back. It was awesome, quadraphonic alarm clocks, the works!
No I haven't seen Pink Floyd since I saw them at Earls Court in 1973 playing DSOTM. Unfortunately I don't live in London any more.

Styles Bitchly

Post by Styles Bitchly » Fri May 13, 2011 8:37 pm

Meh....fuck'em...it's all about money. I've got the cd's....that's good enough.

simpleton

Post by simpleton » Fri May 13, 2011 10:28 pm

The Leveller wrote:Wow, a weird shaped dead coral with sh!t stuck to it. Proof indeed of supernatural abilities.

Guff Tong

Post by Guff Tong » Mon May 16, 2011 11:04 am

I was there.... never heard Walters do Floyd, stayed to watch...

:cry: I think thirty-something angst was fun back in the day but too damn 'emo' for me now.....

.. fortunately I went to stage two for Groove Armada and cheered myslef right up!! :mrgreen:

crumhorn

Post by crumhorn » Mon May 16, 2011 12:01 pm

Guff Tong wrote:

:cry: I think thirty-something angst was fun back in the day but too damn 'emo' for me now.....

.. fortunately I went to stage two for Groove Armada and cheered myslef right up!! :mrgreen:
I was still heavily attached to my hippy credentials in those days, possibly trying to relive something of a misspent youth spent listening to Pink Floyd, Yes and Genesis, etc in pungent smelling, candle lit rooms.
"The banjo is the perfect instrument for the antisocial."

(Allow me to plug my guitar scale visualiser thingy - www.fretlearner.com)

Guff Tong

Post by Guff Tong » Mon May 16, 2011 4:11 pm

crumhorn wrote:
Guff Tong wrote:

I was still heavily attached to my hippy credentials in those days, possibly trying to relive something of a misspent youth spent listening to Pink Floyd, Yes and Genesis, etc in pungent smelling, candle lit rooms.
I was up for it...dont get me wrong...

...lasted up until 'hey you' then went of for a lurch thinking about how Roger was telling me how life slipped us all by and regrets n shit....:(

.....For about the two mins it took me to get to stage 2...then Groovyness was abound :))

(saw floyd in 80's at wembly, paris etc... The whole pub went in fact..mostly non-hippy floyd noobs......thing is they got really obsessed and filled the juke box with floyd.... that was the real death of it for me.....)

:|

inmazevo

Post by inmazevo » Mon May 16, 2011 8:33 pm

Definitely something I would have liked to see.

On the other hand, my Floyd days went away a long time ago.
I never saw them when they were the full band... meaning, it was the Gilmour days... no Roger. And I really like Roger.

The times I've seen the Gilmour version of Floyd, and I don't mean any disrespect, they seemed like a cover band. Even from the 20-yard-line of a stadium, they were far enough away that I couldn't even tell if it was them, and the songs were verbatim CD. Could've just played a CD. With a ticket price of over $150. Umm...

Sure, the contact highs were everywhere, but I felt surrounded by noobs who'd be happy with anything remotely related to Pink Floyd.
I'll give it this: the lighting and visuals were perfect. Needed some acid, I guess (but I hate acid).

I'd be much more excited at a Roger concert where the other members show up than another "Floyd" show.
This would have been a very fun event, even if only for a moment.

- zevo
infinite density, zero volume