BBC documentary looks into 'evangelical frenzy' over Apple

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
beats me

Re: BBC documentary looks into 'evangelical frenzy' over Apple

Post by beats me » Thu May 19, 2011 10:55 pm

LoopStationZebra wrote:Yeah. Uh. The thing is...Google and Microsoft would both give their left nut(s) for that kind of Brand Loyalty. :lol:

When Apple acquires a company you think about what great things they will do with it.

When Microsoft acquired Skype everybody is wondering how they’ll fuck it up.

:x Birds!

nathannn

Post by nathannn » Fri May 20, 2011 12:03 am

LoopStationZebra wrote:Yeah. Uh. The thing is...Google and Microsoft would both give their left nut(s) for that kind of Brand Loyalty. :lol:
what corporation wouldn't. thats the point, big business is willing to play on peoples emotions to get into thier wallet.
in this video they are going even beyond playing with emotions, they are brainwashing people to think " if i buy this i am in a club". people are not buying macs by the ton because everyone wants to use logic or final cut. people are buying macs because they want to feel like they are a part of something big. same reason for all the obama hoopla that happend in the us.
people are so desperate to feel like they need to be part of a group that they will do anything. as long as the majority says its cool or right then its right.
the majority of germans/austrians in the 1940's thought being a nazi was the right thing. the swastika brand sold very well back then.
when you have to brainwash people for your brand to sell then you are going to far.
The Push / Novation Launch Pad / Novation Launch Pad Pro / Novation Launch Key
/ Launch Control XL / Machine MkII / Machine Studio / BeatStep / Livid OhmRGB / Livid Code V2 / Apc 40 MKII

no computers or synths

20 Copies of Ableton Live Lite.

nathannn

Post by nathannn » Fri May 20, 2011 12:22 am

beats me wrote:

When Apple acquires a company you think about what great things they will do with it.

When Microsoft acquired Skype everybody is wondering how they’ll fuck it up.

:x Birds!
looks like you are very susceptible to neuro linguistic programming.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nx7v815b ... ture=share
The Push / Novation Launch Pad / Novation Launch Pad Pro / Novation Launch Key
/ Launch Control XL / Machine MkII / Machine Studio / BeatStep / Livid OhmRGB / Livid Code V2 / Apc 40 MKII

no computers or synths

20 Copies of Ableton Live Lite.

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Fri May 20, 2011 12:34 am

nathannn wrote: brainwash

I want you to remember something very important. Something that you are either purposely leaving out or forgetting:

If Apple's products weren't awesome and magical, no one would give a shit....let alone stumble over themselves whilst rushing to get into the Apple Store - weeping all the while.

:x
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri May 20, 2011 12:57 am

nathannn!!!! :x

I think it's only fair you post a Microsoft keynote to compare with. Or Google. Do they even have any? 8O

I imagine they would include brainwashing phrases like "it's cheap", "fixing it in a service pack", "as soon as hardware manufacturers standardize", and "sorry about that".

Your move.

rbmonosylabik

Post by rbmonosylabik » Fri May 20, 2011 1:31 am

beats me wrote:nathannn!!!! :x

I think it's only fair you post a Microsoft keynote to compare with. Or Google. Do they even have any? 8O

I imagine they would include brainwashing phrases like "it's cheap", "fixing it in a service pack", "as soon as hardware manufacturers standardize", and "sorry about that".

Your move.
Actually, Microsoft's keynotes are quite evangelical and pretty fucking awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8To-6VIJZRE

MBP 2.3 GHz i5, Live 9.6.1, Push, MPD32, Rane SL2

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri May 20, 2011 1:48 am

rbmonosylabik wrote:
beats me wrote:nathannn!!!! :x

Your move.
Actually, Microsoft's keynotes are quite evangelical and pretty fucking awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8To-6VIJZRE

That was quite impassioned. But it didn't include the second part "...are moving to idevices."

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Fri May 20, 2011 12:13 pm

rbmonosylabik wrote: Microsoft evangelical awesome.

Honestly, that's far more horrifying and scary than anything I've seen Steve Jobs or Apple do...

One can almost imagine armed guards just off to the side of the stage out of the view of the camera; poised with fingers on trigger, just waiting for the word to 'convert' the hard way if things go wrong or someone steps out of line.

:x

The Apple store clip is people having a great time. The Microsoft clip? Look at the faces of some of the folks in the audience. They are terrified.

8O

:lol:
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

condra

Post by condra » Fri May 20, 2011 1:52 pm

BREAKING NEWS

World is shocked by new revelations that multinational corporations actually encourage brand loyalty.

Sales of tinfoil soars as worried parents shield kids from brainwashing.

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri May 20, 2011 3:03 pm

Read a recent article about Jobs talking to the CEO of Nike who I guess is new(?). He asked Steve for some advice. Steve said “You guys make a lot of great products people really want but you also make a lot of crap. Stop making crap.” The CEO chuckled. Steve didn’t.

Tarantino wishes he could write scenes this great.