All times are UTC

 
 



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: TOP 20 Hits produced with Ableton !!!
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 7:51 am 

Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2005 3:54 pm
Posts: 701
Location: Berlin - Kreuzberg 61
NO...please NO...! Let's not turn this into a Lives quality discussion...! Stick with the topic, find Top 20 Hits...

_________________
http://www.stefanknauthe.com

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TOP 20 Hits produced with Ableton !!!
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 8:04 am 

Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:25 pm
Posts: 196
Location: berlin
.....stop....of course you can sum up your mix in ableton....
It's simply not first choice....there is no issue....other daws just do better in this case....

Standard is still pro tools for the finishing....no matter where or how a track is produced....

But My choice for summing/mixing is nowadays harrison mixbus....an amazing piece of software....specialized for xactly and only this...... summing....

And, well, to get back to topic....there is no such thing...you can surely find many hits that are produced in ableton...and even more with reason, to be honest....but not one will be also mixed with it....

In the end it's all stems....anyway....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TOP 20 Hits produced with Ableton !!!
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 10:38 am 

Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:33 pm
Posts: 518
reeloy wrote:
.....stop....of course you can sum up your mix in ableton....
It's simply not first choice....there is no issue....other daws just do better in this case....

Standard is still pro tools for the finishing....no matter where or how a track is produced....

But My choice for summing/mixing is nowadays harrison mixbus....an amazing piece of software....specialized for xactly and only this...... summing....

And, well, to get back to topic....there is no such thing...you can surely find many hits that are produced in ableton...and even more with reason, to be honest....but not one will be also mixed with it....

In the end it's all stems....anyway....


Agree with that!!!
I wish that Ableton would become more stable with VST-Instruments and Effects, so that I could use it alone.
Right now it's not and the way it goes it won't be...

Too sad..., cause I like it very much!

I think that all pros making music in Ableton must have finished the tracks in other software.

The Harrison Mixbus must be cool, and this is one rare thing I miss in my PC.
Would love to try it...

_________________
No! I'll never use the Push-App Live 9 !!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TOP 20 Hits produced with Ableton !!!
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 10:57 am 

Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:33 pm
Posts: 518
lunabass wrote:
reeloy wrote:
Summing in ableton is always a bad idea....not only for top 20 producers...


what are you using for summing/mixing?

Logic !

_________________
No! I'll never use the Push-App Live 9 !!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TOP 20 Hits produced with Ableton !!!
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 11:00 am 

Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2004 7:21 am
Posts: 1431
Location: Emneth,Norfolk, UK
ffs stop calling live ableton! it's making me sad. look > :cry:

do people call reason propellerheads?

do they call cubase steinberg?

sonar cakewalk? :x :x :x :cry:

_________________
Hypostasis available on Bandcamp|soundcloud


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TOP 20 Hits produced with Ableton !!!
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 11:18 am 

Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2002 7:13 am
Posts: 988
Location: Radelaide, Australia
reeloy wrote:
.....stop....of course you can sum up your mix in ableton....


phew! good to know...for a minute i thought i was doing this music thing all wrong

_________________
:: Current Releases ::
Miles End - Beatport
www.lunabass.com
www.ba-doop.com

The Manuel Portio - Beatport
lunabass [House] - Facebook
Kamuku [Drum & Bass]
Atomitek [Techno]


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TOP 20 Hits produced with Ableton !!!
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 12:50 pm 

Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 8:48 am
Posts: 284
macmurphy wrote:
ffs stop calling live ableton! it's making me sad. look > :cry:

do people call reason propellerheads?

do they call cubase steinberg?

sonar cakewalk? :x :x :x :cry:



+1


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TOP 20 Hits produced with Ableton !!!
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 3:02 pm 

Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 2:21 pm
Posts: 1128
Location: Paris
Why do the top producers sum in something else than Live?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TOP 20 Hits produced with Ableton !!!
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 3:36 pm 

Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:36 am
Posts: 258
I would phrase the question differently:

Why on earth would people spend a significant amount of money on a Digidesign ICON console or something similar, and what have the 100+ developers who are working on ProTools since 20 years done wrong if the product would not do the main job it is designed for better than Live?

And better means: workflow optimized for handling the task of editing and mixing. The difference is not the sound of the engine, its the workflow. And as far as analog consoles are concerned, of course it adds color if you pipe the stems from a DAW thru a nicely designed console. And of course it helps making great mixes if you have nice smooth physical faders.

But there is another correlation: People who can afford those things also have fantastic sounding rooms. If they would mix straight in Live in such rooms their products would still sound better than what people do in their bedrooms. And if the people with these rooms and their PT HD rigs have all that stuff, of course they prefer to mix with their consoles than with the mouse or midi faders in Live.

Robert


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TOP 20 Hits produced with Ableton !!!
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 5:39 pm 

Joined: Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:45 pm
Posts: 214
Location: Sarasota, FL
Agreed

_________________
http://www.customguitarloops.com
Need Guitar or Bass tracks for your project? Message me and lets work that out
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TOP 20 Hits produced with Ableton !!!
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 6:26 pm 

Joined: Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:41 am
Posts: 289
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
I haven't heard anything worth listening in any "Top Poop 20 Charts" since early 90's... Screw you all "career chasers"... You are responsible of degeneration of the common taste...
All these Deadmauses, Swedish House Maffias, Lady Gagas - they sound all the same. Overcompressed lobotomized dunka dunka for deaf rednecks... They're all nothing but products - produced to generate profit only.
They have as much to do with music as McDonald's has with food. Real food I mean... If you're really find "Poop Charts" so tempting, do your homework. There is a book you ought to know.
http://members.iinet.net.au/~ithompson/ ... manual.pdf
And realize that Live is just a tool (really good one...) to make music. You can create music without it as well.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiInBOVHpO8
Wake up Young Ones, commercialism is eating up it's spawn eventually...

_________________
"Machines are the weapon employed by the capitalists to quell the revolt of specialized labor" Karl Marx


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TOP 20 Hits produced with Ableton !!!
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 6:33 pm 

Joined: Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:45 pm
Posts: 214
Location: Sarasota, FL
Dude you sound like a bitter old man.............. :roll:



Just saying, leave the negativity at home dude!

_________________
http://www.customguitarloops.com
Need Guitar or Bass tracks for your project? Message me and lets work that out
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TOP 20 Hits produced with Ableton !!!
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 6:44 pm 

Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2005 5:19 pm
Posts: 3185
Location: Reading, UK
Anything by the Freemasons? They do not produce entirely in Live of course, but they do use it as a production tool for specific tasks alongside Reason/Record among a heap of other gear.

IIRC they produce in Logic, usually mixing stems on a TL Audio M4 tube console which gets used for more than just summing - ie mix EQ etc as well.

_________________
Nothing to see here - move along!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TOP 20 Hits produced with Ableton !!!
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 10:38 pm 

Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:09 am
Posts: 113
simonlb wrote:
simpli.cissimus wrote:
...more ?


We could just keep on naming random producers who made hits in the 90s that predate the existence of Ableton Live since that's where this thread seems to be going...


Why limit ourselves to the 90s, actually I heard that Hound dog, Can´t buy me love, Hey Jude, (Everything I do) I do it for you, Do they know it´s Christmas, Relax (now we´re talking DANCE), I just called to say I love you and Candle in the wind ALL were made with Ableton Live.

Top singles enough for you?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TOP 20 Hits produced with Ableton !!!
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 4:42 pm 

Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 2:21 pm
Posts: 1128
Location: Paris
henke wrote:
I would phrase the question differently:

Why on earth would people spend a significant amount of money on a Digidesign ICON console or something similar, and what have the 100+ developers who are working on ProTools since 20 years done wrong if the product would not do the main job it is designed for better than Live?

And better means: workflow optimized for handling the task of editing and mixing. The difference is not the sound of the engine, its the workflow. And as far as analog consoles are concerned, of course it adds color if you pipe the stems from a DAW thru a nicely designed console. And of course it helps making great mixes if you have nice smooth physical faders.

But there is another correlation: People who can afford those things also have fantastic sounding rooms. If they would mix straight in Live in such rooms their products would still sound better than what people do in their bedrooms. And if the people with these rooms and their PT HD rigs have all that stuff, of course they prefer to mix with their consoles than with the mouse or midi faders in Live.

Robert


Right, clear answer.
I was just saying, for electronic music, if almost everything is made in Live, I don't see the point of exporting the stems to import them back in pro tools or logic or cubase etc...
I love my track the way I recorded it in the arrangement view (in live). What else am I gonna do in logic again? If it's purely for mixing, moving faders, and using eq/comp vsts, I don't see the point going through the hassle of using another tool again to finish project. That's all what I am wondering.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC

 
 

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group