Internal Server Error?

Discussion of anything not related to audio or music production
kingrad

Internal Server Error?

Post by kingrad » Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:37 am

Hi I have a problem with one macbook in the home when attempting to access a favourite internet radio station I subscribe to. Any other computer in the home attached to the same modem can access the website.

From the problem computer I get the message Internal Server Error. I contacted the website and they cant figure out why. They asked for my IP to see if there were any blocking issues however the other mac that can connect had the same IP. I phoned my internet provider and they couldnt help. I am not running virus software or firewall software on the mac.

The problem computer used to connect to this website without issues until fairly recently

Can anyone solve this?

Da hand

Re: Internal Server Error?

Post by Da hand » Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:50 am

The website is going to see only one IP on their end - the outgoing IP of your modem - so they will not see the individual IPs of the computers on your internal network. The only thing I see that could be the problem is that the problematic computer has the same IP address as another computer attached to the modem at the same time.

So the first step is to make sure that all computers have their own unique IP address when connected to the modem. Also, how are all your computers attached to the modem - wireless, wired, any by USB?

kingrad

Post by kingrad » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:29 pm

Hi thanks for the reply, sometimes they are connected by wifi but last few days with ethernet also. I have tried both methods and same occurs regardless of wired or ethernet. Might try assigning different IP numbers to see if makes a difference.

evaodland

Post by evaodland » Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:36 pm

what is a modem...?

kingrad

internal server error

Post by kingrad » Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:47 pm

?

kingrad

Post by kingrad » Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:27 pm

Thanks I tried that, still doesn't work.

littlepig

Post by littlepig » Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:27 pm

Internal server error is just what it says, an untrapped error in the server. The admins of the server will need to look at the server logs to identify the problem.